Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on these two runners???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I had the precursor to the 3030 (the 3010) and I swear that they almost make me stop running altogether. I hated them. With a passion.

If you do decide to for them, go try them on, don't buy them online. Go to a shop and have an analysis done and let them recommend you a pair of runners. They might not even recommend Asics (a shock I know as everyone knows they are the best runners for running :rolleyes:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

PaulieC wrote: »
    I had the precursor to the 3030 (the 3010) and I swear that they almost make me stop running altogether. I hated them. With a passion.

If you do decide to for them, go try them on, don't buy them online. Go to a shop and have an analysis done and let them recommend you a pair of runners. They might not even recommend Asics (a shock I know as everyone knows they are the best runners for running :rolleyes:).

done that already so thats why i am only looking at those type of runners. living in tipp its not that feasable to get a a shop with a decent rage.

Elvery's and Lifestyle around here done have a great range.

I might just plump for another pair of 2070's if all goes to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I found the DC or DS trainer a much better shoe than the two pairs of 2170's I went through during 2012.

rom wrote: »
    I found the DC or DS trainer a much better shoe than the two pairs of 2170's I went through during 2012.

who makes those?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

need some advice, which is the better running shoe?

the asics gel 3030 http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/ASI2211/asics-gel~3030-running-shoes/

I have the 3030's. Took longer than I expected to break in, and still quite a clunky feel, but injury free and a knee niggle that I had being carrying until I changed disappeared once I started wearing them. I'm content with them, not in love with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Go to the asics store in kildare village OP. You will get them a lot cheaper and they do gait analysis. Got my pair in sept and I love them only 65 euro. These were top of the range and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Had the 3030 myself after a pair of 1160s. Loved my 1160s, but the 3030 caused me nothing but trouble. Experienced severe blistering on both insoles just a couple of months prior to DCM which really messed up my training. I thought I had to break the shoes in (obviously I'm a complete novice). Friend of mine also bought a pair and has also disgarded them.

Have a look on the Asics web site before buying them if you're still in two minds. From what I remember, these shoes are specifically designed for late stage over pronators. My feel and ankles have told me in no uncertain terms that this is not my bag.

Nolimits12 wrote: »
    Go to the asics store in kildare village OP. You will get them a lot cheaper and they do gait analysis. Got my pair in sept and I love them only 65 euro. These were top of the range and all!

didnt know about that shop..... will head over this weekend!!

guinang wrote: »
    Had the 3030 myself after a pair of 1160s. Loved my 1160s, but the 3030 caused me nothing but trouble. Experienced severe blistering on both insoles just a couple of months prior to DCM which really messed up my training. I thought I had to break the shoes in (obviously I'm a complete novice). Friend of mine also bought a pair and has also disgarded them.

Have a look on the Asics web site before buying them if you're still in two minds. From what I remember, these shoes are specifically designed for late stage over pronators. My feel and ankles have told me in no uncertain terms that this is not my bag.

yeah, thats the way my feet are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Nolimits12 wrote: »
    didnt know about that shop..... will head over this weekend!!

Just be prepared to wear an Asics shoe. The analysis will only tell you which Asics shoe suits your foot, it will not consider other options.

At least you won't be flogged insoles on the side there though which is a plus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement