Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted/broken sky box?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    A long shot but my sky box is on its last legs. (Power supply problem) and is out of warranty. :mad:
    Am wondering if anyone has an old/unwanted sky+ box, or even a broken one as I may be able to swap the power board from it....

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

We have our old one in the attic, we changed to UPC. We haven't turned it on in about 2 years but you are welcome to give it a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snowman224

That'd be brilliant if you dont mind the hassle of getting the ladder out.

If its a Thomson Sky+ one I should just be able to swap the power boards and then the kids dont lose all the episodes of Oscar's Oasis that we have taped! :p

Would be happy to collect any time that suits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I have no idea of the model at all. But i'll check tonight and send you a PM with all the details this evening.

If it suits then you are happy to have it, i'm in Charlesland. I can send you the address details if the model suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭longford76

Another long shot, anyone happen to have a SKY +/ SKY HD + box that they aren't using that is in working order that I could have?

Issues with my own and wanted to try replacing before spending cash on engineer to come try and repair a 5+ year old box.

Based in Charlesland.

Thanks

Advertisement