Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transporting motorbike

• 06-03-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hey so I've decided to buy a bike but I haven't done the IBT yet and the bike is quite a distance from me. Does anyone know of any companies that will transport the bike? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I used this chap http://dunboyneroadracing.qoozz.com/poleon/ to transport a bike from cork to Co Westmeath. Very reasonable price. If I can dig out his phone number ill pm it to you. He goes by the user name Chopper on biker.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

If that doesn't work out, give me a shout. I do it from time to time. Have transported a fair few bikes in the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

If that doesn't work out, give me a shout. I do it from time to time. Have transported a fair few bikes in the last while.

Jasus I didnt realise. Handy to know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

From where to where..???
    Plenty of guys on here with vans might help out for diesel money....;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

thomasjad wrote: »
    Hey so I've decided to buy a bike but I haven't done the IBT yet and the bike is quite a distance from me. Does anyone know of any companies that will transport the bike? Thanks in advance.

Hire out a transit for a few hours and bring a few ratchet straps/rope with you.

Also bring a duvet or 2 with you aswell,to wrap the bike up in.

Load the bike into back of van,secure it and take a nice slow drive home with your bike.

Simples.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What size bike is it?

We got a steel ramp and grid made for the van to lock them onto for transport. You'll have difficulty getting a bike into a van without a proper ramp, depending on the weight. Some bike shops have ramps you can borrow.

pwurple wrote: »
    What size bike is it?

We got a steel ramp and grid made for the van to lock them onto for transport. You'll have difficulty getting a bike into a van without a proper ramp, depending on the weight. Some bike shops have ramps you can borrow.

An 8 foot long scaffold plank (or 2 of them ratchet strapped/bungee corded together) and a 2nd person when loading the bike..........job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Jasus I didnt realise. Handy to know:)

Yep, have an 8x4 trailer, ratchets straps and a ramp. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

paddy147 wrote: »
    Hire out a transit for a few hours and bring a few ratchet straps/rope with you.

Also bring a duvet or 2 with you aswell,to wrap the bike up in.

Load the bike into back of van,secure it and take a nice slow drive home with your bike.

Simples.:)

When I got my bike the delivered the delivery man had a load of big old cushions from sofas. He stuck them between the bike and the side of the van and racketed it to the side of the van.

Del2005 wrote: »
    When I got my bike the delivered the delivery man had a load of big old cushions from sofas. He stuck them between the bike and the side of the van and racketed it to the side of the van.

Well the Transit van,scaffold plank,2 duvets and some ratchet straps is how I brought my Ducati 996 back from Sligo.:)

No problem what so ever either.:)

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well the Transit van,scaffold plank,2 duvets and some ratchet straps is how I brought my Ducati 996 back from Sligo.:)

No problem what so ever either.:)

Why didnt you you ride it home.....was it raining.........:D

Why didnt you you ride it home.....was it raining.........:D

Location in Sligo wasnt exactly easy to get to by public transport.

My missus wasnt available to drive me down there,due to her work commitments.

So I used the van instead.:)

OK...i'll let you off..........:p

Anyone else sick to fcuk of this rain............:mad:

OK...i'll let you off..........:p

Anyone else sick to fcuk of this rain............:mad:

We have just had 10 straight days of dry weather with no rainfall.

Thats fantastic for this time of year.:D

Advertisement