Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blonde Hair Dye

• 06-03-2013 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hey All!

I usually use Garnier 10 blonde hair dye but recently tried Nice n Easy 10. I really liked how it turned out.

I clean my hair with purple / silver conditioner to keep the blonde-ness strong and bright. However, it does get dull, the roots around my temples and under-tresses get dark and it tends to have a not-very-freshly-dyed look about it.

My hair is thick and curly... I don't shampoo it but condition with the purple conditioner (using Curly Girl Method). How do I keep my WHOLE head of blonde looking, well, blonde!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Any feedback on this?

When my hair is down the blonde looks great. When pulled up into a ponytail my roots look like they need to be done - even though I've just coloured my hair.

Any help or recommendations of a good quality at-home dye kit that will make my WHOLE head of hair the same colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Do you apply the colour to the top sections of your hair first? It may be caused by the colour having a longer developing time on those sections. Maybe apply it to the dark areas first and wait a couple of minutes before applying to the rest. Some professional highlights will help, a half head every couple of months might do the trick. Blond is probably the hardest DIY colour and any unevenness/regrowth is always more noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Thanks a million for the feedback.

I do apply the colour to the roots first. I tie it up and coat the underneath part with ALOT of colour. It just doesn't seem to absorb the colour at all. It looks fine when it's down as my crown holds the colour well. When I tie it up it looks like I've bad roots that haven't been touched up in ages!

I can't afford highlights. I have to stick with the home dye kits for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Although in the past I've gotten highlights and they only do the crown too.

Advertisement