Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin - recommendations on areas

Options
  • 06-03-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi!
    My name is Olga and I am Greek, wishing to move to Dublin to look for a job.
    Could anybody advise me on safe and cheap areas for renting in Dublin, not to far from city center or to be served by frequent transportation.

Thank u!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Raheny is very nice and well served by transport/shopping/schools/access to the airport/city and M50 motorway (a ring road around Dublin). there is also the beach in Raheny and a large public park with a playground (st.annes)

i am from the area and i could not recommend it enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6 olia

thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

olia wrote: »
    thank you very much!

είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι

Eyxaristo! elpizo na vro kati grigora

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I don't think cheap and good and peaceful usually come in the same sentence.

I'd stay away from Cabra and Ballybough. I'm beside the botanic gardens this year and it's a nice quiet area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Glasnevin is decent enough, plenty of bus lines into the city centre. Or why not getting a bicycle?

Thanks for the tip,
    what about Clonsilla? Is it too far from dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Thanks for the tip,
    what about Clonsilla? Is it too far from dublin?

That's really far away from the city centre. Depends where you get your job really. I'd try to locate myself as close as possible to my workplace. Sort of silly moving 10-15 km away and then having to travel each day for 30-60 mins to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

There are loads of lovely areas around dublin. i've recently moved myself, and love ranelagh, rathmines, terenure, harold's cross, and drumcondra. all of which have great public transport links.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

What is your budget OP? There are lots of great areas of the city to live in.

That could help to narrow down your search?

• Advertisement

well, since I don't have a job yet I can only spend 350-400euro top for a room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

including or excluding bills?

if you live quite far out, you'll get a nice enough room for that price.

if you want to live anywhere within 40min commute to the city centre, you'll have to live in a ****hole for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Being blunt, you really won't get anywhere too nice in Dublin on that kind of budget.

You can survive, but it won't be comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I'd start by looking around the Drumcondra area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement