Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War Thunder

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing this? http://warthunder.com/en/

if you are worried that its just an arcade game, its not

you can choose different setting to make it somewhat realistic, plus its great fun

from the FAQ

How complicated will it be to fly in War Thunder? Is it a sim, or an arcade game, or something in the middle?

It’s a MMO Action game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. It can be defined as a ‘simulator’ because it’s simulating flying a plane. But it’s not a WWII era plane trainer. All regular (quick) battles will have settings like Realistic, to make the battles historically accurate. In Sandbox mode, players will be able to tune difficulty and realism levels however they want. Tournaments can also have special settings that would differ from the Realistic preset.

In regular matches, planes will follow the rules of aerodynamics. So new players may find it necessary to use a virtual instructor to prevent the plane from stalls, spins, and extreme G-loads. This assistance, on the other hand, will set limits to the player’s freedom of flight. The flight model we use is historically accurate as much as possible, so tactical and technical characteristics of all models will match with their real-world counterparts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

When i started playing WThunder it harked me back to the good old C64 days, when I had this beauty;

Hammered War Thunder over the weekend. Much faster progression that in WOT (which i suppose is its closest f2p model game)

Absolutely loving the dog fights even with the slow planes im not in too much of a rush to get the Uber planes.. I actually find im consistently good at this game so that's also a bonus. (or are you finding it easy as well Kingtiger?)

Ive gone the British route, the planes seem to be sturdy. only lvl 3 so far but just realized they have some of the slowest (of not the slowest ) planes going.

May have to defect to the Russians, they have a Mach speed MIG Fighter!!

Also - Thread already Here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Haha I loved Blue Max :D

War Thunder is good fun but it's not a Sim. It's an Arcade version of Wings of Prey.
    I was part of the Beta and enjoyed it but got fed up waiting so long for the servers to get in to a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

War Thunder is good fun but it's not a Sim. It's an Arcade version of Wings of Prey

in Arcade mode yes, did you ever try Simulator mode?
    I was part of the Beta and enjoyed it but got fed up waiting so long for the servers to get in to a game

still in Beta but its now in open Beta so you are only waiting for maybe 15secs for an arcade battle, but slightly more for Historic battles where the flight model is set to realistic and you can only fly one plane

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vandekyrian

is the Simulator mode fiarly accurate? spins and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

is the Simulator mode fiarly accurate? spins and stuff?

Yes, Spins, Stalls, Really good damage system, I even had a chance to safely land on airport that was 8km away with my Bf110 with one engine on fire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement