Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus V Celtic Match Thread

• 06-03-2013 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

Juventus are 3 up in the tie. Celtic's fine run in Europe this season will most likely come to an end tonight barring a miracle. Juventus understandably might think the tie is over and if they are complacent Celtic could round off their CL campaign with a good result. An early goal for Celtic could make things interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Juve to be too good tonight.

Tie is over anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Juve to be too good tonight.

Tie is over anyway.

Aye it is bar a minor miracle. Still, Celtic lasted longer in Europe this season than your Man United;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lennonist wrote: »
    Aye it is bar a minor miracle. Still, Celtic lasted longer in Europe this season than your Man United;)

They deserve huge credit for getting out of the group alone.

Been great throughout no matter what happens tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nope, if both teams go out in the same round then its fairly simple that they've both gone out in the same round, no matter how many hours seperate the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nope, if both teams go out in the same round then its fairly simple that they've both gone out in the same round, no matter how many hours seperate the results.

Correct, to say otherwise is playground stuff.

Fitting, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Our aim for tonight is obviously to score first and take it from there. Realistically a draw would be a good result.

Paddypower has us at 66/1 to progress :pac:

It was a joke that's why there was a ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Our aim for tonight is obviously to score first and take it from there. Realistically a draw would be a good result.

I never get them odds, the chances of Celtic beating Juve 3-0(and winning in et/penalties) or 4-0 are basically 0. Should be about 1000/1

Correct, to say otherwise is playground stuff.

Fitting, I suppose.

:confused:. Jeez some people need to calm down a bit round here, it's a footy forum

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I never get them odds, the chances of Celtic beating Juve 3-0(and winning in et/penalties) or 4-0 are basically 0. Should be about 1000/1

We're the famous Glasgow Celtic and we're off to Wembley..WEMBLEY..WEMBLEY

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »

I've seen 100to1 quoted in other places.

EdenHazard wrote: »

That makes no sense. :confused:

If its 1000/1 then that means 1 in every 1000 games Celtic will win so that nullifies the 0 chance.

Yes the odds are short given the circumstances but you'll always get someone throwing a few quid on it.

I've seen 100to1 quoted in other places.

180 on Betfair apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I wouldn't be that surprised if Celtic won tonight, depending on how Juve approach the game.

Chiellini will almost certainly be rested. Lichtsteiner, Marchisio and Vidal are one yellow card away from suspension so some or all of them might not play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1-1 FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Celtic to lose 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

0-0

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2-0 or so I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Those two penalties really killed off the tie. The refs had a shocker tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Celtic needed a result at home. I thought a draw would have been a good result for Juve in glasgow. This should be a stroll in the park for Juve, hopefully Juve score early and celtic heads drop even further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

3-2 with Celtic scoring the third in the 89th minute

I can't stop thinking of the Juve - Fulham tie in 2010. That was a completely different Juve team back then, but still Juve need to do a professional job tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Probably a simple 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Ok...well then they lasted longer than City and Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Probably a simple 2-0.

For Celtic?:)

2-1 to Celtic - my wee cat's sitting with his bum to the fire - that usually means a win for Celtic so I'll be taking his word for it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Madam wrote: »
    For Celtic?:)

2-1 to Celtic - my wee cat's sitting with his bum to the fire - that usually means a win for Celtic so I'll be taking his word for it;)

I'm an old school type of person, 2-0 is a home win.

Otherwise I'd say 0-2, and we all know what the chances of me saying that are ;)

allybhoy wrote: »
    Ok...well then they lasted longer than City and Chelsea

We're still in Europe, at the same stage as Celtic but in a different competition but still in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Cmon the hoops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I'm an old school type of person, 2-0 is a home win.

Otherwise I'd say 0-2..

This is the right way to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

We're still in Europe, at the same stage as Celtic but in a different competition but still in Europe.

And Perugia were European champions ten years ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I don't think it will be a great game tonight. Juve are in a different class and should have no problem doing a typically Italian job on Celtic.
    I'd love if Celtic got a penalty for wrestling Hooper at the first corner, though.

I'd love if Juventus got a free kick for Hooper fouling Buffon at the first corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd love if Juventus got a free kick for Hooper fouling Buffon at the first corner.
    LOL, if that happens the mods should just lock the thread and ban all talk of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

if i was Lennon id actually direct the players to deck it Italian-style if anyone comes near them in the box, play them at there own game, ... say it happens early on , then there could be a juve red card , & penalty to Celtic, convert that its 3-1 against 10 men on aggregate & game on.... im clutching at straws here but youve got to dream :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I hope Juve stick another 3 past them, and then another 3 in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

BYWmFsP.png

No Lichtsteiner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eirebear wrote: »
    I hope Juve stick another 3 past them, and then another 3 in the 2nd half.
    Why?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why?

Is this a serious question?

I hope every team sticks 6 past Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Celtic:

Forster; Matthews, Wilson, Wanyama, Izaguirre; Samaras, Kayal, Ledley, Mulgrew; Commons, Hooper

Hopefully it will be Mulgrew CB and not Wanyama as it looks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Why?

cos it will give them the only bit of joy they have had from watching football this season :pac:

• Advertisement

Why?

lol

I hope Juve stuff them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

After tonight the CL will be rid of all but one British side with Arsenal to follow next week obviously.

ITV are going to be bereft!

Looking forward to Clive and Andy discussing Borussia Dortmund et al.

BYWmFsP.png

Ouch. I knew Juve would rest a couple of players, but starting Marrone in defence in a CL game is a big risk IMO. Padoin and Peluso aren't exactly marauding wing backs either. I can see Juve not scoring tonight.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Is this a serious question?

I hope every team sticks 6 past Celtic.
    I presume from that answer you are a Rangers fan? Understandable if so.

lol

I hope Juve stuff them again.
    I thought you were a United fan. I don't get why you would want this. I am not a Celtic fan but I wouldn't like to see them stuffed. You a Platini fan or something?

I thought you were a United fan.
    You thought wrong.

I don't get why you would want this. I am not a Celtic fan but I wouldn't like to see them stuffed. You a Platini fan or something?
    I prefer Juve to Celtic - is that very hard to fathom? :confused:

Just because I was born in Ireland doesn't mean I automatically have some instinct toward Celtic.

I prefer stripey jerseys to hoopy ones.

Celtic:

Forster; Matthews, Wilson, Wanyama, Izaguirre; Samaras, Kayal, Ledley, Mulgrew; Commons, Hooper

Hopefully it will be Mulgrew CB and not Wanyama as it looks there.

Interesting that he's dropped Ambrose and replaced him at cb with Wanyama. That will line up 4-5-1. Get a goal up at half time will be the plan, then put Stokes and Forrest on with 30 minutes left and get stuck in. 'Mon the celts.:)

You thought wrong.

I prefer Juve to Celtic - is that very hard to fathom? :confused:

Just because I was born in Ireland doesn't mean I automatically have some instinct toward Celtic.

I prefer stripey jerseys to hoopy ones.

What has Ireland become!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Into these corrupt cheats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Marchisio, John. Marchisio.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement