Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharing DLC

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Are we allowed talk about this?

I want to share my BF maps with my son, How does this work?
    He logs in to my PSN account on his PS. Goes to the store and downloads DLC from there? After he logs back in on his account are the items usable,is it that simple?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yes it's that simple.

DLC is allowed to be activated for two consoles (used to be five) and will work for all profiles on that console.

One of the reasons PS3 is the preferred format for a lot of tournaments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Are we allowed talk about this?.

From the charter, point 5: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56985577&postcount=1

weiland79 wrote: »
    I want to share my BF maps with my son, How does this work?
    He logs in to my PSN account on his PS. Goes to the store and downloads DLC from there? After he logs back in on his account are the items usable,is it that simple?

Thanks.

In this case you could argue that you own* both consoles and sharing in this way is a gray area.

*If your son bought his own console, then what you are doing is theft and against the Ts and Cs.
    Yes it's that simple.

DLC is allowed to be activated for two consoles (used to be five) and will work for all profiles on that console.

One of the reasons PS3 is the preferred format for a lot of tournaments.

"Activated for two consoles" that you own - It's not meant for any two consoles.
    Gamesharing is against the Ts and Cs of owning a PS3.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement