Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs for Friday and Saturday Night?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Heading down to Kilkenny this weekend, and I was wondering what would be the best local nightclubs on a Friday and Saturday night. We're staying in the centre of Kilkenny city and we're hoping not to venture too far.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Better /safer to stay in with a few cans imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Misterdeeds that was a stupid reply. :confused:

OP there is some good spots around Kilkenny and its not that big so if your staying the the center well your basically as best placed as you could possibly be. The places that i always find good are, the Left bank, Matt the Millers or if your after an 18 - 25yr old scene then Langtons is always a busy spot. They are all in walking distance so you might just end up in every place in KK.

The main places in the town are; Matts, Morrisons, Left bank, The field, Lanigans, Langtons. Im sure some one else will have more suggestions im a blow in myself so they are the places i would be familiar with.

Hope that helps you and ignore the comment about it being safer to stay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

dont know if theres any nightclubs other langtons at this stage, probably one in the kilford but i would avoid that place at all costs, other places to avoid would be the field, morrisons and lanigans. the most popular pubs in kilkenny would be left bank and matts. other nice pubs include the hibernian, blue bar, ryans, tynans, and some others down towards parliament street.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dun Doire

Matt the Millers is great. Many a fine Sat evening in the bar downstairs. Left bank is great also and folks tend to move across the road to Morrisons. It can be a wee bit young at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Cheers for the replies. Will definitely be checking out Matt the Millers, Left Bank and Langtons. With so many pubs to check out, might just go for a pub crawl instead. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

What's the Kytelers late bar like on a weekend night?

And is there also a different upstairs bar in Morrisons with a different DJ? I can remember something like that on Friday nights anyway with Cleveland Mike djing and it was a really good atmosphere.

Might be decent options too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Langtons a nightclub??? Its an over priced function room. Don't think there is a nightclub in Kilkenny.

Advertisement