Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trade opportunities for the unskilled

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I seen a thread for this somewhere before but it didnt answer my queries. Im sorry in advance for this being so patronizing for some, im sure its been put up a million times before.

What are the chance's for unskilled Irish temporary workers getting a trade and being sponsored after their two years are up? As in going through the LMO route or what ever else may be possible.

This is with regards to finding general construction trades or pipe lining trades. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i looked into this aswell it depends on the province tbh most wont allow you do an apprenticeship till your a PR. and as for twp i think it states you are not allowed undergo education training of which you would have to for an apprenticeship unless they could change it. its best to contact each province directly that's what i did. i no in nova scotia and newfoundland/labrador and NWT and Yukon its possible but the last 2 are pretty bleak. as i said best contact them directly.they will let ya no quick enough one of them even rang me in Ireland. they all seem so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i looked into this aswell it depends on the province tbh most wont allow you do an apprenticeship till your a PR. and as for twp i think it states you are not allowed undergo education training of which you would have to for an apprenticeship unless they could change it. its best to contact each province directly that's what i did. i no in nova scotia and newfoundland/labrador and NWT and Yukon its possible but the last 2 are pretty bleak. as i said best contact them directly.they will let ya no quick enough one of them even rang me in Ireland. they all seem so helpful.

So is it Bangor Erris or Belmullet? Im on the edge of me seat here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

its belmullet for 3 weeks then calgary how are ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    its belmullet for 3 weeks then calgary how are ya:D

I saw your post on Mayo board. I lived in Crossmolina for 10 months during the worst winter ever.

Good luck mate hope it works out for you, sure it will.

Advertisement