Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haim Whelans 25/05/13

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So Haim tickets went on sale at 9 am today, how do people feel about how this morning played out?

Sold Out in under 5 mins, crazy.

I mean, yes they are a great band and are on the top of every up and coming list out there. But they don't even have an album yet (hopefully they will release one before the gig)

I'm just annoyed that they were given such a small venue to play, they could of easily filled the likes of Vicar Street no problem. Just sucks that a lot of people will miss out or pay a lot more to go see them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

They've released a couple of great songs and just recently won the Sound Sound of 2013 prize so not surprised it sold out that quick at all...especially at under 15euros a ticket. The two UK dates they announced were both in very small venues too so I think they don't really wanna playing big venues at the moment...the live show still sounds like a work in progress to me...very stripped down compared to the recordings. I imagine that when the time comes that they play large venues that they will have a an extra session player or two..til then the small venues prob suit what they do more.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

believe me anyone who was at the florence and the machine concert in december will want to go see them again, their recorded stuff is nothing compared to them live. they are fantastic. sadly the leaving cert prevents me from going(and i'd actually be 18, so i could get in) but will be able to see them at T in the park. how strict are Whelans for ID though? i know a few people who aren't 18 are going to try go...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

What's the fascination with Corey Haim???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Mods are going to kill me for this but!... If... you know, on the off chance there's anything going, let me know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

They are playing T In The Park which means they'll be doing Oxegen. A damn shame, it means they won't be at Electric Picnic then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Bootsy. wrote: »
    They are playing T In The Park which means they'll be doing Oxegen. A damn shame, it means they won't be at Electric Picnic then.

They won't be doing Oxegen as its now a dance festival on a totally different weekend to T In The Park

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BridgetRB

This will be my first Whelan's gig... Will people be queuing early for this? Or can you queue early at Whelan's? Some smaller venues I've been to don't let people...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Bootsy. wrote: »

The're on the Phoenix Park bill with The Killers in mid July, tho so no probably not at EP & not at Oxegen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone go to the gig? I had zero luck with last minute tickets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Realtine wrote: »
    The're on the Phoenix Park bill with The Killers in mid July, tho so no probably not at EP & not at Oxegen either.

Can still see them popping up at EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Theyre in Philiadelphia that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone go to the gig? I had zero luck with last minute tickets.

Yeah, I was at it. I thought they were really good!

And as ciaranf92 already said, they are playing Made In America that weekend so it's highly unlikely that they'll be EP.

Advertisement