Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking lease and having deposit returned?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I moved into a studio apartment, the noise from the road is terrible and cannot sleep. I'm going to try different things to fix it but if i cannot is there any way i can give notice and have the deposit or partial deposit returned. I signed a 12 month lease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ronano wrote: »
    I moved into a studio apartment, the noise from the road is terrible and cannot sleep. I'm going to try different things to fix it but if i cannot is there any way i can give notice and have the deposit or partial deposit returned. I signed a 12 month lease.

no you cant give notice for this. buy ear plugs thats your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Best you do is look to reassign the lease (have a search of this forum as it has been discussed a lot). Basically you would go find a suitable person to take over the remainder of your lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the replies :)

Advertisement