Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good pub/club

Options
  • 06-03-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi

I will be in Galway on Wednesday and looking to find out info on the best pub to go to in Galway city, preferable one with good drink deals and nice people! Also are there any late bars or nightclubs open on the Wednesday and if so which is the best and how much in??

Would apreciate anyone that can help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There are plenty of pubs and clubs open in Galway on a Wednesday. What age are you - Wednesday nights are popular for students in Galway with plenty of options in both pubs & clubs.
    If you prefer an older crowd, let us know - easier then in recommending someplace more suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

dilallio wrote: »
    There are plenty of pubs and clubs open in Galway on a Wednesday. What age are you - Wednesday nights are popular for students in Galway with plenty of options in both pubs & clubs.
    If you prefer an older crowd, let us know - easier then in recommending someplace more suitable.

Thank you but can you let me know actually names of good pubs and late bar/night clubs that open on a Wednesday ? I'm 24 and yes would be looking for somewhere around my own age but I do like a place with older crowd too as more relaxed. Can you recommend anywhere??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Drink deals - Fibber McGees i suppose, and it has a mix of old farts like me and students.. Think i'd recommend Carbon for clubbing or the Roisin Dubh for late bar - they all have facebook pages for upcoming events.. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

greenbazie halo night club is the best place i do work there and it has some great people n there the club is over 23 and its a 5 or 10 euro but the do do some drink deals

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Greenbaize wrote: »

Thank you but can you let me know actually names of good pubs and late bar/night clubs that open on a Wednesday ? I'm 24 and yes would be looking for somewhere around my own age but I do like a place with older crowd too as more relaxed. Can you recommend anywhere??

Try the Old Forge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

No harm in throwing your head into the Roisin Dubh for a drink and see what it's like. It tends to have a good mix of people, so it's not overly predictable in terms of what kind of atmosphere to expect.

Having said that, without fail there will definitely be someone in the smoking area having a ridiculously academic conversation about some form of art/literature/philosophy/film to someone who is less than interested. It's pretty much a given, as I have been either person in the conversation at different points. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Try the Old Forge

A friend of mine calls that the elephant's graveyard! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A friend of mine calls that the elephant's graveyard! :p

We must have the same friends!

But from the tone of the OP's post, I think s/he would definitely find the people down there "interesting" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Greenbaize wrote: »
    Hi

I will be in Galway on Wednesday and looking to find out info on the best pub to go to in Galway city, preferable one with good drink deals and nice people! Also are there any late bars or nightclubs open on the Wednesday and if so which is the best and how much in??

Would apreciate anyone that can help. Thanks

Are you down for the snooker, baize? Drop me a message, we can grab a beer if you fancy? Im there with work on Wednesday and pleasure Thursday and Friday. I like the Townhouse for a quiet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Electric is open on Wednesday, that's where I usually head out recently, nice spot, the crowd is grand, and theirs many drink promo's on in their

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Thanks for all your help folks :)

Advertisement