Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something Similar to a BMW R1200GS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

8k is obviously a ridiculous amount, I'd try getting advice from the insurance co's on what bikes fall into your price bracket.

The kle500 was the only bike I bought brand new, and within weeks I'd come to the same conclusion as your dad. But I had come down from bigger bikes to that, so my opinion may be somewhat skewed from someone sarting off or moving up to the kle.

Consider the Varadero 125, it may be enough to get a year or two's ncb and then move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Agile, thats what I said to them, I was looking to move my policy over to a new bike I just picked up. He was like "policy number etc" then he just asked for the bike details, none of my personnal details as he had already pulled them up. And even after all that, "No thanks good luck"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Agile, thats what I said to them, I was looking to move my policy over to a new bike I just picked up. He was like "policy number etc" then he just asked for the bike details, none of my personnal details as he had already pulled them up. And even after all that, "No thanks good luck"
    Try again. Ask for a supervisor and tell them you're going to have to cancel your policy if they don't change it.

I had problems insuring my last two bikes. Got a 650 when I was 19 and 1150 at 22, both insured with liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

gbob wrote: »
    8k is obviously a ridiculous amount, I'd try getting advice from the insurance co's on what bikes fall into your price bracket.

The kle500 was the only bike I bought brand new, and within weeks I'd come to the same conclusion as your dad. But I had come down from bigger bikes to that, so my opinion may be somewhat skewed from someone sarting off or moving up to the kle.

Consider the Varadero 125, it may be enough to get a year or two's ncb and then move up.

Yeh I dunno, common sense would tell you there muck as well you know ? Very rare to see any driving around which only hints to that conclusion.

Im riding a Marauder 125 at the moment, but Id like to move up to A2 asap. Means Id be unrestricted even sooner you know ? Although I can deffinatly see the advantage of having the NCB.
    AgileMyth wrote:
    Try again. Ask for a supervisor and tell them you're going to have to cancel your policy if they don't change it.

I had problems insuring my last two bikes. Got a 650 when I was 19 and 1150 at 22, both insured with liberty.

I might try that out. What would happen if I was like "well im going to have to cancel then..." and they were like "Okay sorry about that..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I might try that out. What would happen if I was like "well im going to have to cancel then..." and they were like "Okay sorry about that..."
    I dont really know. They've never called my bluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I dont really know. They've never called my bluff.

They've called mine a couple of times, but I wasn't bluffing and could (and did) change providers.

Advertisement