Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Enemy

Options
  • 06-03-2013 4:04pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hip-hop pioneers Public Enemy have announced their return to Dublin, with a date at The Button Factory on Sunday April 21st.

The Strong Island crew celebrated their 25th anniversary last year with their latest albums The Evil Empire Of Everything and Most Of My Heroes Still Don't Appear On No Stamp and this year will become only the fourth hip-hop act to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

Public Enemy last performed in Dublin when Chuck D, Flava Flav and co tore Tripod a new one on a warm May night in 2008 and their most recent appearance was a stellar show at Electric Picnic in 2011.

Tickets for their Button Factory gig will cost you €32.50 and go on sale tomorrow (Thursday March 7th).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Nothing up on ticketmaster yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I saw them a few years back. Fantastic gig. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

The afternoon of the gig I walked by Vicar St, and they were outside unloading the gear. Dre gave me a 'Hey man' :)

Correction. Dr Dre... I need my head checked. I meant Chuck D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Still nothing on Ticketmaster except a few dates in the UK... Does the OP have a source?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Up on ticketmaster now as sold out??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thats just a joke, missed out and all.

Guessing more tickets will be on sale at a later stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Tickets still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Seen them at electric picnic .. amazing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Gig was fantastic from the off.
    Saw them in 1988 at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, London. Different kind of show. Nowadays they've a band on board and less of the theatrics but more connect with the audience.

If they come back, don't miss.

• Advertisement

Awesome gig...Flavor Flav playing bass and drums something I will never forget! Shut Em Down and Harder Than You Think amazing finish..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Superb gig.

Really like the way Chuck D came out to meet people before the gig. Got a picture with the guy and all.

Advertisement