Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Paddock Stands

• 06-03-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just when I saw the thread on the bike stuff in Aldi,
    I was wondering does anyone have previous experience with the paddock stands on offer?

Are they any good ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

A mate of mine is using them the last few years and they seem as good as any tbh

Dont think they come with the bobbin hooks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

With a 28-day quibble free "change of mind" option (plus 3-year warranty), you can always bring 'em back, I suppose.

Has anyone any experience of/views on their Kevlar jeans? At forty yoyos I'm kinda tempted. I'm usually ATGATT, but full leathers isn't always ideal — I'm pushing 50 and I think my missus dies a little when she sees me putting them on... :D (and yes, I know the short answer to that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

peckerhead wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of/views on their Kevlar jeans? At forty yoyos I'm kinda tempted. I'm usually ATGATT, but full leathers isn't always ideal — I'm pushing 50 and I think my missus dies a little when she sees me putting them on... :D (and yes, I know the short answer to that!)

Stay well clear of them, google Aldi kevlar and you will see why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Have one at home from last year.

no complaints!

get two tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Stay well clear of them, google Aldi kevlar and you will see why!
    ...yikes! I see what you mean... :eek:

If you're gonna buy two stands, Morrisson's in Cork do 'em cheaper, even with postage:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Rear-Paddock-Stand-Motorbike-Stand-/110998502276?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19d806bb84#ht_973wt_752

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Cotters were selling read paddock stands at the bike show for €25.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The Aldi paddock stand is a good bit of kit.:)

Its fully height adjustable.

It also has 2 seperate quick fit front fork/swingarm attachments for raising the front or the back of your bike...which ever you need to do.:)

3 year warranty too (just hold onto the reciept).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

josh59 wrote: »
    Cotters were selling read paddock stands at the bike show for €25.

Guess what? The show is over and won't be on for 2 years :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Guess what? The show is over and won't be on for 2 years :p

Ah sure I know that :)- was only quoting it as a price comparison but on looking at the previous posts looks like Mr. Aldi's kit is the one to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

peckerhead wrote: »
    ...yikes! I see what you mean... :eek:

If you're gonna buy two stands, Morrisson's in Cork do 'em cheaper, even with postage:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Rear-Paddock-Stand-Motorbike-Stand-/110998502276?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19d806bb84#ht_973wt_752

And people are SURPRISED at this!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement