Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadrunner CD Boxsets

Options
  • 06-03-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Just got an email about these classic album boxsets from Roadrunner:

http://j.mp/ZfSP34

Five and six disc sets from Obituary, Deicide, Sepultura, Life of Agony, Type O Negative, Fear Factory and King Diamond.

I have no idea of how they are packaged, original jewel cases or cardboard slipcases but the price is nice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

For sure, can't beat that price. Think I'll get the Obituary set.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Quite a few labels and bands are doing the album collection box sets.

As well as the Roadrunner ones mentioned in the OP, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Pantera, Dream Theater, and a good few other bands have similar low price 5 or 6 cd collection sets out at the moment that either have all the bands albums in it or a collection of their most famous five or six albums.

For the most part they come in a carboard box with each album being in a cardboard/paper sleeve. Great prices though if folk want to check out bands they have not really listened to before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I've seen those before. They're like the sleeves the CDs come in with Metal Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Good idea from the music companies IMO. In this day and age, few people are willing to pay €15 for an album, but having a whole classic discography for the same price is a good way for them to get some bit of money out of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Kess73 wrote: »
    Quite a few labels and bands are doing the album collection box sets.

As well as the Roadrunner ones mentioned in the OP, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Pantera, Dream Theater, and a good few other bands have similar low price 5 or 6 cd collection sets out at the moment that either have all the bands albums in it or a collection of their most famous five or six albums.

For the most part they come in a carboard box with each album being in a cardboard/paper sleeve. Great prices though if folk want to check out bands they have not really listened to before.

Yeah. I have some illegaly required Pantera Mp3 albums. Quality is rubbish. Might see if I can get the Pantera box set.

Remember years ago in HMV, you could get two albums in one CD case for the price of one CD album. I bought Badmotorfinger/Louder Than Love at the time. There used to be a few other bands knocking around in similar packaging. Not sure if it was the same record company doing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Pantera set has Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power, Far Beyond, Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill and Reinventing The Steel in it, and costs £12.60.

The non special edition versions of Cowboys and Vulgar are currently going for £3 each on Amazon, just in case those were the two albums you were after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Actually,the only physical Pantera album I have is Trendkill.

Should I just plump for them all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Kess73 wrote: »

I've a Samhain box just like that. Much prefer em to plastic cases and I even got protective sleeves, so they are more like miniature versions of how they originally were released

It really is just a cardboard sleeve though, some albums / discographies have bn reissued right down to the inner sleeve / outer laminate and are very nice indeed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda tempted to get the Deicide one cause the only physical albums I have of theirs are the "When Satan Lives" live album and Insineratehymn. I had Serpents of the Light too, but it seems to have vanished >_>

Advertisement