Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling & kickboxing for kids?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My son is looking to start hurling & kickboxing (he's 7) after settling in Waterford now. Anyone know of any place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Where are you living and we can suggest a hurling team to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flowerpic

Dunmore Road. :)

Ballygunner would be your best bet for hurling clubs to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Waterford Muay Thai based out in the Lacken Road business park do kids classes I think Tuesdays and Thursday.

John Walsh and Liam Walsh are nice guys and great coaches. I think it's €5 per class.

John and some others post on boards so might be able to give you up to date prices and times as I'm currently based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

kensutz wrote: »

Ballygunner have an open day for new kids next Saturday. I will get a time and post it later. As you would imagine they have a great set-up: all-weather outdoor and indoor arenas, hurling wall, couple of pitches, fully equipped gym (might be a bit early for the 7 y-o to be pumping iron though!). They have plenty of coaches and every kid gets a chance when they progress to mini-matches.

I don't know if you would consider it a downside but there will be probably be 100+ kids in or around your kid's age group. Plenty of opportunity to play and be coached but if you are looking to be a senior hurler you better be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Flowerpic

Odats wrote: »
    Waterford Muay Thai based out in the Lacken Road business park do kids classes I think Tuesdays and Thursday.

John Walsh and Liam Walsh are nice guys and great coaches. I think it's €5 per class.

John and some others post on boards so might be able to give you up to date prices and times as I'm currently based in Dublin.

That sounds good. I'll look into it, thanks!
    kensutz wrote: »
    Deise Vu wrote: »
    Ballygunner have an open day for new kids next Saturday. I will get a time and post it later. As you would imagine they have a great set-up: all-weather outdoor and indoor arenas, hurling wall, couple of pitches, fully equipped gym (might be a bit early for the 7 y-o to be pumping iron though!). They have plenty of coaches and every kid gets a chance when they progress to mini-matches.

I don't know if you would consider it a downside but there will be probably be 100+ kids in or around your kid's age group. Plenty of opportunity to play and be coached but if you are looking to be a senior hurler you better be good.

Thanks guys. This sounds ideal as it's near us as well and I don't drive, so easy to get to. Would you know who to contact about this?

Flowerpic wrote: »
    Thanks guys. This sounds ideal as it's near us as well and I don't drive, so easy to get to. Would you know who to contact about this?

I'll dm you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 discretion

there's a great place for kickboxing by the peoples park... up there past dominos it used ot be anyway!

Advertisement