Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A7-oid

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Got my A7-oid from ESI and they also sent me a free 30ml of Liqua!

Impressed with this. The stock wick was for dripping mode and did not work well but I made my own and its excellent using the sera wool. It really is just like dripping. Holds a ton of juice, easily 40 drops. It's wicking really well. I use a loop of 2mm touching the wool and the 2 strands in the well.

Quite blown away with it actually. It's neat, small and doesn't leak. For 19 euro including dripper and oid it's a great option.

TH is strong alright but I suspect that's just down to getting the right height/placement of the coil. Flavour and vapour are actually really good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Any tips based on past builds (the Bulli seems similar bar the airhole placement) that might make this work with cotton pads or SS mesh?
    Screwing the top on causes the cotton pad to either tear away or pull away from a coil leg = ugly tasting metal heaven.
    SS: upside-down U-wick had the legs twisting and pulling the coil into the wick = short city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know exactly what you're saying. I tried the mesh with the Bulli but couldn't get it working either. Maybe a hybrid set up might work but I wouldn't be overconfident on that either.

It's very similar in terms of set up to the Bulli alright.

Mmm, a hybrid. I don't have silica anymore but I can try it with woven cotton wick I suppose.
    If not it'll be sold. Had high hopes. High, unthinking hopes. I wish silica didn't have a taste.
    Maybe I should save it for whenever woven ceramic reaches our shores, if it ever reaches our shores.

I don't taste silica but I do taste carto filler when I use them. If cartos had clean taste I'd probably still use them.

Edit: Actually I do taste clearo rubbish wick alright but not Bulli or Andrei's stuff. Using TBS 2mm stuff at the moment and its clean flavour too. Clearo's have an awful plastic taste for me but maybe the plastic tank contributes to that?

Cłearo-plastic-taste: Probably has some effect - everything's so tightly packed and surrounded by plastics and silicon grommets and whatnot...
    I've had silica in the RDA, Phoenix, A7, Killer, AGA... There's just something to it that's underlying and a bit bleugh. Fantastic vapour off it for whatever reason.
    WAY better flavour that cartos or clearos, but nothing compared to cotton or SS for me.
    Anyway, the A7-oid, go buy it, silica fans!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does it come with the sera wool?

It does indeed. Enough for about ten refills I'd say, but you can always boil wash and recycle. Usual rules apply with Menthol or coffee flavours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

might grab one in a week or two.. will wait and see how GH gets on with his long term :)

Can't wait.
    "It doesn't compare to the Bulli no matter what I try."
    BulliBulliBulli.

Heh heh.....if I like it everybody should cos I'm fairly unforgiving.

So far so good though. The sera wool seems to be great. Half thinking of trying it in the Bulli as well. Can't see any reason why that shouldn't wick as well as the A7. It really does wick superbly.

One funny thing I've noticed is that the centre post (air feed) seems a bit on the loose side but its not affecting performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Right, I've taken the plunge, have an a7oid speeding towards me as we speak, can anyone help me out here? Im looking for silica and wire, TBS have 1mm, 3mm and 3.5mm, sold out of 2mm and all size wire!
    Vaperus have nichrome .16mm but no silica!
    Cant find anyone else selling this stuff in Ireland but would rather buy here cause I dont wanna wait! Also have vouchers with TBS that are about to run out!!!
    Can anyone recommend the best sizes of silica and wire to use and the best method of putting it together. Have watched a few videos of people doing it but they all have different methods(too many chefs spoil the juice!)
    Leaning towards a 3mm loop turned up, keeping an eye out for shorts, but I havent a clue!!!! I just want to pop my building cherry, not my coil :-D

Thanks in advance

You'll have to PM rickyjb about this and pay him because the wick and wire's his. Lucky for you my flight got cancelled so I can send it tomorrow. :(:):(

Edit: if he says yes, give me a few minutes to sort out the price depending on how much of what it is you're getting off him. I know he wanted to sell some of it anyway.

A 2mm folded with a loop on one side and the 2 strands on the other is working well for me. I put the 2 strands into the well and the loop above the coil so that it contacts the sera. That way any juice that collects in the well will be wicked up and makes it easier to pit the top back on after filling. It's working really well. I don't think 3mm will work unless you use just one strand.

The stock wick and coil are rubbish though and set up for dripping.

Thanks guys, so 2mm silica, would doubling up 1mm work? And the wire, whats the difference between kanthal d and nichrome .16?

Thanks grindle, but I dont have a paypal account, not sure if I can use my cc when it is a private deal, what is it you have anyhow?

Should work fine I'd imagine. Double 1mm twice so you have 4 strands. Wrap 4 turns of 0.2 kanthal around it and insert the ends through the terminals. Make sure the coil is above the air hole. That should do it.

Try the dripping set up first just to get the flavour and hone your skills. It comes in dripping mode.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thanks grindle, but I dont have a paypal account, not sure if I can use my cc when it is a private deal, what is it you have anyhow?

Get a PayPal account! Or are you that guy off of FB who has the aversion?

Ricky ordered .20 & .25 Kanthal, some .3x.1mm ribbon Kanthal, 2mm & 3mm silica. He ended up not wanting a decade's supply so I think he wanted rid of some of it.

...whats the difference between kanthal d and nichrome .16?
    Kanthal is less likely to pop if you get a hotspot.

grindle wrote: »

Get a PayPal account! Or are you that guy off of FB who has the aversion?

Ricky ordered .20 & .25 Kanthal, some .3x.1mm ribbon Kanthal, 2mm & 3mm silica. He ended up not wanting a decade's supply so I think he wanted rid of some of it.

Kanthal is less likely to pop if you get a hotspot.
    I dont do Facebook cause im so popular I would probably break the interweb :-P
    I know a guy who knows a guy that might hook me up, if not I'll contact ricky and send him cash if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I know a guy who knows a guy who doesn't know any other guys apart from that guy, that' guys is pretty screwed. Luckily you know a guy who knows a guy. You could always deposit cash into their account?

Got my a7 oid today, nice looking yoke, been using it now for a few hours in dripping mode, pain in the arse cause im used to a tank, cant get more than 5 or 6 drops into it without it fllooding, I know this is normal for a dripper but im constantly having to refill it every few minutes. Im getting a slightly nasty taste of the silica also.
    Heres the fun part, when the envelope arrived it was torn, the sera wool was wet and had dirt on it, it went straight in the bin. Im not blaming ESI for this, im sure it happened in transit, but if the sera was in a packet like the site says, it might not have got wet. Im just glad nothing was missing from the envelope.
    Another thing im wondering about is why are people getting freebes, larger bottles of juice, free bottles of juice, etc. and others are not. Im not looking for anything free, but if others are getting stuff why am I not? After all I have given them a few hundred quid over the last couple of months. I'll probably get hassle for saying this but f*ck it, I dont care.
    Now the a7oid is going in the drawer till I can source sera, wick and wire!
    Rant over.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I think the juice I got was only the second freebie I've ever got. Got one from TBS once as well. I've bought a good bit if stuff from both of them over the course of 1.5 years.

The stock wick is really bad on it. I whipped it out after about 3 mins but that's standard for most of these atties. I think it's just really there to show you how to put a wick and coil in.

You could use the wool from an 701 cart as the filler. TBS or Andrei will ship you wick within a day.

Have to say Paul was on to me straight away after my rant to sort everything out, cant get much fairer than that and it was'nt even his fault, still feel like going postal on the postman though ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Got my a7 oid today, nice looking yoke, been using it now for a few hours in dripping mode, pain in the arse cause im used to a tank, cant get more than 5 or 6 drops into it without it fllooding, I know this is normal for a dripper but im constantly having to refill it every few minutes.

Maybe you'd be better of getting a dripper I bought, the ET Vision, even I can re-wick this baby without any problems (no screws) and when it runs dry I top up with 25 drops and it lasts me over 3 hours before I have to top it up again with another 25 drops.

Haven't used anything else to vape since I got it, even the Mini Vova doesn't come close for taste.
    The ET Vision and Vanilla Custard Supreme and Kiffy's as happy as a pig in ****.

Here's the link http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/174-vision-eternity-rebuildable-atomizer.html

Another thing im wondering about is why are people getting freebes, larger bottles of juice, free bottles of juice, etc. and others are not. Im not looking for anything free, but if others are getting stuff why am I not?

I'm not definite on this, but based on recent activity, I think you get freebies for not using the discount code at all, and if you're constantly driving traffic towards whatever site it is (and they know who you are).
    Just a guess. I think I've gotten three freebies or upgrades ever in the past year and two months, but my perspective was always "I'm buying this, paying that price, and thinking it's fair - why should I expect more?"
    You'd be surprised how much more other people are buying that you as well. I think I spend a lot compared to when I smoked (on rollies), but judging from FB some people are making purchases twice a week and shít. More than I could ever manage, so not much to complain about really.

P.I.T.A wrote: »

Maybe you'd be better of getting a dripper I bought, the ET Vision, even I can re-wick this baby without any problems (no screws) and when it runs dry I top up with 25 drops and it lasts me over 3 hours before I have to top it up again with another 25 drops.

Haven't used anything else to vape since I got it, even the Mini Vova doesn't come close for taste.
    The ET Vision and Vanilla Custard Supreme and Kiffy's as happy as a pig in ****.

Here's the link http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/174-vision-eternity-rebuildable-atomizer.html
    Funny you should say that cause I was thinking about either the eternity or the a7, I presumed the a7 would be better cause its fairly new and getting good reviews. What I cant get over is the size of the coil on the a7, its bleedin tiny, gonna have to get glasses I reckon!

P.I.T.A wrote: »

Not even a fair fight at all.

I'm not definite on this, but based on recent activity, I think you get freebies for not using the discount code at all, and if you're constantly driving traffic towards whatever site it is (and they know who you are).
    Just a guess. I think I've gotten three freebies or upgrades ever in the past year and two months, but my perspective was always "I'm buying this, paying that price, and thinking it's fair - why should I expect more?"
    You'd be surprised how much more other people are buying that you as well. I think I spend a lot compared to when I smoked (on rollies), but judging from FB some people are making purchases twice a week and shít. More than I could ever manage, so not much to complain about really.
    Yeah, I hear ya, I was raging about the envelope and I just had a bit of a hissy fit :$ all this over a little bit of wool!! Its done and dusted now.
    I try to keep my vaping as cheap as I can, I reckon I spend 20-25% of what I used to spend on fags. If I was spending 100% tbh I would probably be back on fags!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Not even a fair fight at all.
    Twas fair that was what I used mainly before the ET Vision, so that was the best comparison to make, would have used the Aga T if I could have re-wicked the bloody thing to work for me.

The ET Vision is the best purchase I have made for a liquid delivery device since I started vaping.

Going to get a 2nd one next week to use as a back up when I go out in case the coil on the one I'm using dies on me when I'm out, don't know how long the coil will last as I change every 7 days whether it's working ok or not.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of skirt or kilt thingy to go on an ego to tidy up the a7 and ego for out and about(if you can figure out what I just said) I presume it would need a hole for air.
    Think ill be using the a7 with the ego more than the vamo.
    Thread cover- Thats the thing I mean!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is some sort of skirt or kilt thingy to go on an ego to tidy up the a7 and ego for out and about(if you can figure out what I just said) I presume it would need a hole for air.
    Think ill be using the a7 with the ego more than the vamo.
    Thread cover- Thats the thing I mean!
    TBS 2 euro, yesss!!!
    Thank you Mr chrome.
    No problem Mr. chrome.

Advertisement