Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A7-oid

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't wrap it around the post. I insert it directly through the post holes. You can loosen the post a quarter of a turn to make it easier to insert it into the second post. Then twist the post back and tighten.

Don't worry, you'll get it but the A7 is fiddly alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well I got an A7-Oid and I like it. Good dripper, not a tight draw, similar to a vison or vivi anyway far more open than the phoenix.
    Am I the only one to find the Oid tip a bit... small? getting used to it now but it feels odd after a regular driptip. Yes I'm using the oid as a tip, hav'nt recoiled the A7 yet and it works well as a dripper.
    The foamy stuff looks like cushion stuffing getting an even wrap will be fun.
    If anyone is thinking of one of these, go for it, 20 yoyos for a super dripper (better than the phoenix imho) and the option of an -oid as well. If you can get used to the tip.
    Anyone own a spheroid to let us know how the tips compare?

I actually got very used to the tip after a while. It seems to concentrate the heat and flavour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Didnt think I would like the mouthpiece when I first saw it, now I think its kinda funky (in a good way)!

@Green Hornet,
    Yeah I know what you mean, had a flashback to when I smoked first time I used the oid. Reminded me of when the 'backey was scarce and I'd make the thinest little roll-up I could manage. Fierce hot and a good smoke when in a hurry.

• Advertisement

Wonder would fluval work a bit better in the oid? The sera works okay to be fair but I wonder would fluval work better? Only one way to find out I suppose.......

Have it set up as a rebuild able carto now, did the one strand of wick doubled to have a loop at one side and two tails on the other. Works brilliant, get about two hours out of it before it needs topping up, thats the same as a standard boge carto. It wont be compleetly dry either so no burny hits. and you can still drip into it once it gets dry without having to dismantle the whole thing. Great for testing juices.
    Poor old phoenix is languishing in my box of bits now.

Yeah, that's how I use it too. Works well for dripping too. I have the tails in the well and the loop in the chamber.

Advertisement