Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing estate selling off the plans in Blanchardstown

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Spotted an "exclusive" new development of 6 detatched houses being built just before The Twelfth Lock called Cherangani. Here's a link to them.
    Surely these will never sell, wedged between the N3, M50 and the trainline? I'm struggling to think of somewhere I'd less like to live. The plot looks very cramped for 6 large detatched houses!
    And they are selling off the plans....thought that madness finished back in 2008?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I think its a good location. Can't see them getting thst money. Mind you there is a shortage of houses for sale in the D15 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Justask wrote: »
    I think its a good location.
    Really? :eek: :confused: The N3 is only metres away, as is the M50. I can't imagine enjoying sitting in my garden on a Summers day listening to the traffic thundering by interspersed with the odd train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Yes but these house are for the more affluent people...........such as buckos from castleknock etc..............not talking about the spawn off certain parts of d15..........id imagine gates and keypad entry to this estate and civilised patrons..........no single mothers with 500 hundreds kids and whacker the taxi man who decides to run a garage out the front of his house...................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

fletch wrote: »
    Really? :eek: :confused: The N3 is only metres away, as is the M50. I can't imagine enjoying sitting in my garden on a Summers day listening to the traffic thundering by interspersed with the odd train.
    I'm obviously looking at the map wrong going on that reaction.. ok I'll look agsin :)
    Woman and map and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Where exactly are these located in simple terms please?!

(out of pure curiosity/nosiness :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Justask wrote: »
    I'm obviously looking at the map wrong going on that reaction.. ok I'll look agsin :)
    Woman and map and all that :D

you have the right idea of the location - in between m50, n3, train, and also the 12th lock pub could be a noise issue.

would not fancy living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think it's a nice location.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

amdublin wrote: »
    I think it's a nice location.

If the motorway and railway weren't so close, I'd agree with you as it's right on the canal. But unfortunately they are there, so it's a pretty bad location imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Interesting name for the estate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

If they are a high end build ( which I would expect in that area) then tripple glaze windows would cut a lot of the noise.

amdublin wrote: »
    Where exactly are these located in simple terms please?!

(out of pure curiosity/nosiness :))
    Exactly here

Morag wrote: »
    If they are a high end build ( which I would expect in that area) then tripple glaze windows would cut a lot of the noise.
    Fair enough although not in the garden. And the location is closer to Blanchardstown via the roads than Castleknock.
    I suppose Castleknock Mews does seem to have sold all their units and it is closer to the M50 so maybe there are potential buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Another local-ish development selling off plans is this small one in Dunboyne, which I know isn't D15 but isn't far off and is frequented daily by a lot of D15ers I know (including me!). http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/The-Laurels-Rooske-Road-Dunboyne-Co-Meath/677349/ Three bed semi-ds. Just noticed they have gone up 10 grand in price since last week! Deffo advertised for 269 previously, and had no 'Excess' before the price. (Just checked this on Collapso to verify.)
    This thread prompted me to look up Huntington Lodge in Castleknock to see what had happened to that. Sale agreed on sites 1 to 5 according to this: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/site-no-1-5-huntington-lodge-castleknock-road-castleknock-dublin-15/1774526

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would hate that location, you would have no peace in your garden. An outside space would be high on my list of requirements for a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Would potential buyers have no recourse or ground to stand on in regard to sound barriers?

The noise is very bad there, and even worse on a clear night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Twizzler wrote: »
    Another local-ish development selling off plans is this small one in Dunboyne, which I know isn't D15 but isn't far off and is frequented daily by a lot of D15ers I know (including me!). http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/The-Laurels-Rooske-Road-Dunboyne-Co-Meath/677349/ Three bed semi-ds. Just noticed they have gone up 10 grand in price since last week! Deffo advertised for 269 previously, and had no 'Excess' before the price. (Just checked this on Collapso to verify.)
    This thread prompted me to look up Huntington Lodge in Castleknock to see what had happened to that. Sale agreed on sites 1 to 5 according to this: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/site-no-1-5-huntington-lodge-castleknock-road-castleknock-dublin-15/1774526

LOVE Huntington Lodge!

If I win the lotto.......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Would potential buyers have no recourse or ground to stand on in regard to sound barriers?

The noise is very bad there, and even worse on a clear night.

Not retrospectively, the motorway was built based on existing land use, and the developer would have had to include any further noise barriers in his planning application. If he didn't, then the boundary stays as it is.

Wouldnt be my noisy polluted cup of tea. Actually, vibration would be the worst thing about living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

That spot is as noisy as it gets. The road in to it however is secluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

LOVE Huntington Lodge!

If I win the lotto.......

You'll probably have to in order to build it yourself. How long ago has that 'development' been started ? All that's there is a set of foundations and it looks like any other ghost estate around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Terrible location - far too noisy with the M50/N3 interchange and the railway line right on top of this site.

I suspect it's named Cherangani after the bungalow that sat on this site. As for Huntington Lodge nearby on the Castleknock Road, no sign of anything being built on this site since work was abandoned here about 5 years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You'll probably have to in order to build it yourself. How long ago has that 'development' been started ? All that's there is a set of foundations and it looks like any other ghost estate around the country.

Foundations seemed to have been put down to prevent the planning permission to expire. I've known of people do that before.

I've been living in Carpenterstown for 4 1/2 years now and it's always been the same in that spot. So even longer than that. Worse part is, I suspect those foundations may need to be redone if the houses are to ever be built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Yeah I wouldn't be mad on the location - The M50 and N3 running by the side of the house, If they weren't there it would be a lovely spot (but they are!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Foundations seemed to have been put down to prevent the planning permission to expire. I've known of people do that before.

I've been living in Carpenterstown for 4 1/2 years now and it's always been the same in that spot. So even longer than that. Worse part is, I suspect those foundations may need to be redone if the houses are to ever be built.

Thats a violation of Building Control, if you submit a commencement on structures in your permission you have to complete it to weather proof condition. If they suspect developers of chancing what you suggest, and they have funds to be building at all, then itll be a trip to Court

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Yep wouldn't fancy it myself.. We had relatives stay at the 12th lock last weekend and they didnt get a wink of sleep between the trains and the bar .. They have a large outdoor smoking area so imagine that would affect these houses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

did they ever build anything on the "huntington lodge" site just up the canal opposite the train station ,i havent been up that way in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

triple-M wrote: »
    did they ever build anything on the "huntington lodge" site just up the canal opposite the train station ,i havent been up that way in a while

They are working on it this week, a lot of activity yesterday, looks like a wooden frame build on the right hand side part of the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Passed by today and the roof is on just to be slated, big house 2500sq ft+ in my estimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barnard

Actually it is no more noisy there than any other part of Blanchardstown. Its not the M50 you hear but only one of the exits to the N3. You can hear the water running from the lock and the gardens are towards the back with the houses acting as noise break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

barnard wrote:
    . Its not the M50 you hear but only one of the exits to the N3.

I'd imagine that alone would make the traffic noise a big issue.

Advertisement