Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging money into post office savings account

Options
  • 06-03-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can lodge money to my post office savings account using a laser card? I would like to transfer a good lump of money into it from my bank account but don't really feel like withdrawing the cash to do this in case anything were to happen.

I know I could probably get a bank draft or something similar but this would be a lot less hassle if I could.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Padkir wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if I can lodge money to my post office savings account using a laser card? I would like to transfer a good lump of money into it from my bank account but don't really feel like withdrawing the cash to do this in case anything were to happen.

I know I could probably get a bank draft or something similar but this would be a lot less hassle if I could.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What laser is it? If it is AIB you can withdraw from the account at the PO and then immediately lodge it into the savings account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    What laser is it? If it is AIB you can withdraw from the account at the PO and then immediately lodge it into the savings account.

Hey,

No unfortunately I just have a BOI visa debit card! Might give the PO a call tomorrow and see. Can you pay bills and stuff via laser; if you can I'd assume you can lodge money with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Depends on what the OP means by a "good lump sum". I think the limit for a withdrawl might be less than a grand.

Depends on what the OP means by a "good lump sum". I think the limit for a withdrawl might be less than a grand.

Yeah I'd be looking to transfer a bit more than that anyway; but to be honest if I had to go twice I would; it's just I don't want to be carrying that type of cash around with me.

Just to update in case anyone else happens to search for the same info.

I emailed An Post and they said:

"Debit cards are accepted but up to a maximum daily amount of €1,500. We also accept cash and personal cheques/drafts made payable to NTMA State Savings."
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Hi,

Can I do an online transfer from my AIB current account into a 3rd party's PO savings account?

Advertisement