Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found, Salthill 06/03/13 [dog now with Madra]

Options
  • 06-03-2013 6:14pm

Dog found in Salthill earlier tied to a pole.
    Looked hungry so likely abandoned.... will be going to the Pound tomorrow so if anyones interested or knows the owner.

Young male, very friendly.

72326_10151343967766903_33082114_n.jpg

486565_10151343964406903_1310033315_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please post in Lost/Found thread in Animals forum too if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

He looks in good nick. Definitely no microchip or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

Please bring him to the GSPCA instead of the pound. He'll be put down within a week at the pound.

He looks in good nick. Definitely no microchip or anything?

My Uncle reckons the dog looks malnourished though it looks like a half Boxer/Staff and they can have that skinny look

It was my Uncle that found him, so I'm not sure was he brought to the vet, I'll mention it later.
    They have a German Sheppard so keeping the dog isn't really an option.
    He was told to ring Madra, but their answering machine said to leave a message online.
    The site also mentioned they were full.

The site mentions to contact the Warden in the instructions section, which is what he did after. But he was finishing up at 5 so said to come in tomorrow.

They used a shoelace is a collar so you'd have to wonder were they ever going to come back for him.
    Jelly2 wrote: »
    Please bring him to the GSPCA instead of the pound. He'll be put down within a week at the pound.

Will they take the dog tomorrow?... as mentioned above, he's not in a position to keep the dog long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Best way to contact MADRA if their answering machine is full, is through their Facebook Page.

They were posting 20 mins ago, so I'd imagine they access it frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭sorsha

tied to a pole.

:(

dilallio wrote: »
    Best way to contact MADRA if their answering machine is full, is through their Facebook Page.

They were posting 20 mins ago, so I'd imagine they access it frequently.

I typed them into Facebook but nothing came up for me, thanks. I knew I saw the page on my home feed before.

I posted in there now.

Had it posted on my FB and a friend posted this link http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/xdzcnk

Found in Salthill, less than two weeks ago... looks the same. I take it they didn't want to keep holding him so tied him there for someone else to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I don't know if GSPCA will be able to take him tomorrow, but it's worth a try.
    Address: Galway SPCA, 2a Augustine Street, Galway.
    www.galway-spca.com/contact.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

If the GSPCA can't take him, here's the number for Marina from Madra. She NEVER puts an animal down.

http://madra.ie/en/contact-us.html

Do NOT bring the dog to the pound. They put them down after approximately 5 days if not claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

He's so pretty, looks smart! Can you keep him? I know you said your uncle can't, but what about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Let the Garda Station know ye have him as well. Sounds silly but it's supposed to be done.
    And DON'T put him in the Pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

€25 now to drop a dog off at the pound. can see alot more dog being tied to a pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Try to avoid the pound if you can. He will be put down. Fair play to your uncle for taking him home. That kind gesture may save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Dog found in Salthill earlier tied to a pole.

was the pole outside shop/pub/takeaway? i see alot of people around town going into shops etc and leaving the dog tied outside,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Had it posted on my FB and a friend posted this link http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/xdzcnk

Found in Salthill, less than two weeks ago... looks the same. I take it they didn't want to keep holding him so tied him there for someone else to deal with.

Have you considered ringing the number of the person who posted that found notice two weeks ago? Maybe they found the original owner or a new owner who is now looking for the dog? Or else they can tell you why they tied it up and left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

any update on the dog? did ye find the owners?

fifib wrote: »
    any update on the dog? did ye find the owners?

Madra dealt with him in some way or another, and my Uncle just had to hold him until last Friday evening and they took him back.

I'm sure they had details for whoever he went to after them, but at any rate he went there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just by the by, that dog looks perfectly healthy, people are just used to seeing fat dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

kraggy wrote: »
    If the GSPCA can't take him, here's the number for Marina from Madra. She NEVER puts an animal down.

Since when? Is she not a dog warden anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Since when? Is she not a dog warden anymore?

Marina isn't a dog warden. She runs an animal shelter. She takes in strays and finds them new homes.

• Advertisement

I know who she is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I know who she is

So why ask if she is a warden when you know she isn't a warden?
    :confused::confused::confused:

Seaneh wrote: »

So why ask if she is a warden when you know she isn't a warden?
    :confused::confused::confused:

Kraggy seemed to think I wasn't talking about the same person as her, I was just saying I do know who she is.

Have a look here at the archives from the madra website. It states that Marina runs a pound on behalf of Galway County Council.

http://archive-ie.com/ie/m/madra.ie/2012-08-30_245113/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pauhayn

Hmmm have you ever actually been out to MADRA? Marina rescues dogs from the pound that would otherwise be killed!! If you bothered to take the time to see for yourself what Marina does then you wouldn't be making stupid comments. Then again it says a lot more about you and your bitchy comments. Have a nice life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gilescom

Our dogs come from a variety of sources; from the general public, from local authority pounds, veterinary clinics and dogs we rescue from cruel and abusive situations. MADRA works with both Galway and Mayo County Council and since 2005 the county Galway put-to-sleep rate has fallen from 83% to 18%. Similarly, in county Mayo, MADRA has helped the Council to reduce its put-to-sleep rate from 72% in 2008 to 11% in 2011. Is this the quote you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since dog is now with Madra I'm locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement