Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you getting app crashes on 6.1.2? (could you help us?)

• 06-03-2013 6:32pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're getting very weird reports of our game not loading on a number of devices. But there is nothing common between them...

ie: We have reports of problems on iPad Mini, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 but we also have lots of users on those devices NOT getting an error.

We're a bit desperate because we are juuust about to go live with a big bunch of marketing and now we don't know how widespread this issue is.

The app is: appstore.com/thejumpescapethecity and it apparently crashes just after the green loading bar starts. If you could give it a shot (the game is free!) and let me know I will be eternally grateful.

Furthermore we are hearing that 6.1.2. has this problem with lots of apps... can anyone confirm or deny? We're grasping for anything here because all our test devices work lovely, so we are trying to debug a ghost...

Please please give it a shot and let me know here? Or if you have issues running apps on 6.1.2 in general... many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have tried on my iP5 multiple times and it's fine, I will try another one and 4S and iPad mini tomorrow morning all on 6.1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Loading grand on my iP5 running 6.1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

No probs on iPad 3 running 6.1.2 and no problems on iPhone 5 running 6.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Working fine for me. iPhone 4 on 6.1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Working fine on my iPhone 4S on 6.1.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Working fine on iOS 6.1.2 on an iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Working fine on my iPhone 4S on 6.1.2. 32G
    not Jail Broken and original IPhone from Apple

Great game by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Working grand for me on the iPhone 3GS (5.0.1)

/edit; device is jailbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Game is working fine for me on the iPhone 5 and iPad (3rd Gen). Both running iOS 6.1.2 and neither are jailbroken. Perhaps it's only jailbroken devices that are suffering with the crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Checked an ipad 4th gen, two iphone 5's a 4S and a ipad mini, none crashed. could be jailbroken devices alright, that tends to be the usual suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just to note,I had no crashes when jail broken or not.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We found what this is and you wouldnt believe us...

Apple adds 17 megs of *something* to mobile apps when they put them into their store (which leaves on 33 megs for us if we want to get inside their arbitrary 50 meg mobile-download limit).

Inside that code is a memory pointer which is misbehaving IF your Wifi settings are WPA2 on certain makes of iPhones etc. Solution, user has to switch to a different encryption on WIFI or we wait for apple to patch this. Which they wont.

Its a rare enough combination but already we have a 1 star rating from someone who has the problem (which feels *totally* unfair to me).

Thank you all for your help, hopefully if someone else is making an app, they might notice this and save themselves the headache we have had chasing this.

Thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steve0815_1

Hi there! I cannot confirm the problem you described, but after updating to ios6.1.2 many apps crashed on my iphone 4 just after having started them. Also reinstalling the apps did not solve the problem. I found out, that an error in the region settings is the reason for the problem.
    To solve the problem and to get the apps working again, just change the region in settings - country settings - region to another region. After having done so, return to your homescreen. Now once another go back to the region settings and change to the previous region, the Region you First have had selected.
    When you now leave the settings menu, your apps schould work Fine again.

I hope, my translation from german is okay so far!

Steve

Advertisement