Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not accepting a homosexual as a roommate. Discrimination/Homophobic?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

P_1 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd have done the same?

Why? Because the flatmate had a stranger over without first asking me if I was ok with that. If a busty blonde emerged from the lads room I would have done the exact same.

I would have sent her straight into my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

P_1 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd have done the same?

Why? Because the flatmate had a stranger over without first asking me if I was ok with that. If a busty blonde emerged from the lads room I would have done the exact same.

Probably because the friend fancied the flatmate himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Why?

You think they'll molest you or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

in b4 its closed again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The fact that you're calling the person a homosexual signals to me you are not comfortable with gay people!

As someone already said, getting to know some gay people would actually take the fear and uncertainty away for you.

Personally I think it stinks that someone would turn down a potential flatmate just because they're gay. The guy was decent to have told you in advance, in case you weren't comfortable with it and it got unpleasant. He shouldn't have had to do, because his sexual orientation is his own private business, same as anyone else, but he's clearly better off for having asked.

If the potential flatmate was a male mate of mine, I'd be fecking furious on their behalf, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Are you afraid you'll catch the gay off of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

tunedout wrote: »

I'm not sure. Definitely not, if we were looking for another lad to have the craic with in the evenings/go on the p*ss with etc.

Lesbians can be fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

boomerang wrote: »
    The fact that you're calling the person a homosexual signals to me you are not comfortable with gay people!

As someone already said, getting to know some gay people would actually take the fear and uncertainty away for you.

Personally I think it stinks that someone would turn down a potential flatmate just because they're gay. The guy was decent to have told you in advance, in case you weren't comfortable with it and it got unpleasant. He shouldn't have had to do, because his sexual orientation is his own private business, same as anyone else, but he's clearly better off for having asked.

If the potential flatmate was a male mate of mine, I'd be fecking furious on their behalf, tbh.

But would you be/get furious if your mate got turned down because they were actually looking for a middle aged man to share the house with? Not anybody young say. If not, why the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

tunedout wrote: »
    I would have sent her straight into my room.

Sent her??? Is this 1950???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You had your chance to have a civil debate on the subject but didn't take it OP.

Don't be thinking you can get banned from one forum and start the exact same craic here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement