Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Q bar closed down ?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

mick121 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit sad now.they were good times.not many places with a dj in a cage.I really need a few beers and a good mosh ;)

Yeah, I get a bit maudlin thinking about it, too. And Fibbers used to have that gorgeous Eastern European girl working there... forget her name, slim blonde one.

Also remember getting drunk there late one evening with some randomer I met at the bar... turned out to be The Monk. Only realised it when some big lad came in the door to collect him and I got a good look at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mick121

Caonima wrote: »
    Yeah, I get a bit maudlin thinking about it, too. And Fibbers used to have that gorgeous Eastern European girl working there... forget her name, slim blonde one.

Also remember getting drunk there late one evening with some randomer I met at the bar... turned out to be The Monk. Only realised it when some big lad came in the door to collect him and I got a good look at him.

Thats the job.it was one of the dodgiest lookin gaffs I've ever seen but great craic and no a**holes.good times

So where do you go to get a fix of metal these days? I'm assuming that kip off Grafton street is still open... what's it called, with the statue of Phil Lynott outside... Brussels? Bruxelle?

So where do you go to get a fix of metal these days? I'm assuming that kip off Grafton street is still open... what's it called, with the statue of Phil Lynott outside... Brussels?
    Moved down the country about 13 years ago.so my metal days got numbered.found a couple of places one in galway not bad and one in killarney.I dont think any could get close to fibbers.I also doubt if fibbers is anything near what it was :(.rock on

Moved down the country about 13 years ago.so my metal days got numbered.found a couple of places one in galway not bad and one in killarney.I dont think any could get close to fibbers.I also doubt if fibbers is anything near what it was :(.rock on

Yeah, there is/was a good rock place in Galway... Sally Longs, or something like that. Not far from Ayre Square...

I moved from Dublin about 4 years ago to Shanghai. Good few metal bars and clubs here, thankfully.

• Advertisement

Yeah, there is/was a good rock place in Galway... Sally Longs, or something like that. Not far from Ayre Square...

I moved from Dublin about 4 years ago to Shanghai. Good few metal bars and clubs here, thankfully.

Yeah sally long thats it.shanghai sounds good

Yeah sally long thats it.shanghai sounds good

Yeah, Sally Long. Good bar, first time I ever heard Faith No More was in there, I think.

Shanghai's grand, great nightlife, but ya know... still miss Dublin, even if it was a kip :D:D:D

Yeah, Sally Long. Good bar, first time I ever heard Faith No More was in there, I think.

Shanghai's grand, great nightlife, but ya know... still miss Dublin, even if it was a kip :D:D:D

Yeah its a kind of guilty pleasure.when I first moved I really missed the live music scene. My weekly metal fix was replaced with trad and ballads. That was an awful shock

My weekly metal fix was replaced with trad and ballads

This is my idea of hell

This is my idea of hell

Still is hmmmm need metel soon

• Advertisement

Still is hmmmm need metel soon

\m/ \m/

Crank up the itunes and stick on some pantera

\m/ \m/

Crank up the itunes and stick on some pantera

Dimebag was voted best metal guitarist on the loudwire site.stiff opposition rhandy roads toni iommie kirk hammet zack wilde and lots more

Dimebag was voted best metal guitarist on the loudwire site.stiff opposition rhandy roads toni iommie kirk hammet zack wilde and lots more

One word: Domination.

Shredding at its finest :D

One word: Domination.

Shredding at its finest :D

Thats a fact but I am a big fan of tom morello. Genius

Thats a fact but I am a big fan of tom morello. Genius

Rage were a little too political for me, and Audioslave were meh at times. But his guitar work is amazing, no doubt.

Rage were a little too political for me, and Audioslave were meh at times. But his guitar work is amazing, no doubt.

Last time I seen rage was about a year ago and I was waiting for the speel
    I even had me mates warned.nothing came I was shocked but it made for a better gig.maybe someone compared zack to bono and he freaked out lol

You know what, no matter how homesick I get over here, there's some sh1te I don't miss and U2 is top of that list.

Metallica playing over here in the next day or so. Good tickets cost around e150...

You know what, no matter how homesick I get over here, there's some sh1te I don't miss and U2 is top of that list.

Metallica playing over here in the next day or so. Good tickets cost around e150...

I like metallica. Seen them a few times.it does exactly what it says on the tin.2.5 hours of the good stuff.they do an excellent version of whiskey in the jar you should you tube it

I like metallica. Seen them a few times.it does exactly what it says on the tin.2.5 hours of the good stuff.they do an excellent version of whiskey in the jar you should you tube it

Seen it and heard it. Great tune.

Have we been talking about metal all along, or were we talking about pubs before? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Lets keep on topic please folks.

• Advertisement

Seen it and heard it. Great tune.

Have we been talking about metal all along, or were we talking about pubs before? :D

Thread hijacked by metal heads lol

January wrote: »
    Lets keep on topic please folks.

Okay.

So, how about them Dublin skangers, eh? :D:D:D

Okay.

A jasus noooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Okay.

I won't warn you again. Keep to discussion of the Q bar.

January wrote: »
    I won't warn you again. Keep to discussion of the Q bar.

I'll get me coat

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Is Q Bar gonna be a metal bar now? :confused:

RVD420 wrote: »
    Is Q Bar gonna be a metal bar now? :confused:

We could only hope... but definitely no, I don't think.

Damn, I remember when Q Bar was the Harp Bar or whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wasn't it called the Carlisle just recently as well? The window hatch coffee dock they opened was a good idea. Must be 2002/3 since I was last in the Q Bar. It used to be very popular with the IFSC crowd on a Friday evening back then.

Either way, it's good to have such a prime city centre location occupied again. Hopefully it will have something distinctive to make it a draw. The Lafayette place across the road on the D'Olier/Westmoreland junction seems to be a rather indifferent looking bar even though it's in a theoretically great location. Can't pass actual judgement as I've never been to it though - just the impression I get. Is it a good place for a pint/night out?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Just passed it today they have a sign up saying its opening soon.

2f0efib.jpg

wm1ifqnnv

Advertisement