Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

AT&T
    Snedeker
    Kirk

and considering Pat perez but maybe just for FRL

Thailand
    Prom Meesawat
    Prayed Marksaeng
    ssp chawrasia
    tawarn wirichant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Ha.

Also going with Snedeker and Meesawat at 25's and 40's.

Fed up stalking Snedeker but it's so hard to get away from him sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Also gone for Snedeker again this week. I'm actually at the point with him that if I don't back and he wins I would never forgive myself. Have definitely backed him more than any other golfer over the past two years.

Also gone Lowry EW and Jaidee in Thailand .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Nice win last week 80/1 e/w shot Charles howell, pebble beach has been lucky for me in the past.
    The prices this week for some of the fancied runners are a joke so I think it will be a few outsiders for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This week I have gone for:

Anirban Lahiri and Scott Hend in Thailand

Brandt Snedeker and Nick Watney in AT&T

Good luck all

• Advertisement

Robert rock @60/1 and Max Kieffer 80/1 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 34,326 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Giving this week a rest. dont see lot of value for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Went with snedeker and Lowry ew

redzerdrog wrote: »
    AT&T
    Snedeker
    Kirk

and considering Pat perez but maybe just for FRL

Thailand
    Prom Meesawat
    Prayed Marksaeng
    ssp chawrasia
    tawarn wirichant

went with Perez outright aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Did uihlein thought course long would suit him but even short hitters are on top of board i see noren as real leader cant see hoey being there sunday

• Advertisement

jjll wrote: »
    Did uihlein thought course long would suit him but even short hitters are on top of board i see noren as real leader cant see hoey being there sunday

The small bit of research I did suggested that the fairways are fairly wide for the shorter hitters but narrow significantly the longer they hit off the tee.

On another note I genuinely considered Hoey for this 😩

Got to love black mountain with a 747 yard par 7 the regular members play its there 17th. Hoey never seems to put 2 rounds in a row decent

Small e/w bets on Perez 100/1, baddeley 100/1 and garrigus 150/1.
    Win bet on furyk 40/1

I've €10 ew on snedeker and Lowry. paddy power are offering me a cash out option on each of them. Not going to take it in snedeker but considering taking it on Lowry. I'd be getting €15 of my €20 back. What do the learned boardsies advise? Cut the loses after round 1 or stick with him?

Stick it out

Stick it out

Thanks, I just needed someone to tell me to grow a pair :) the bet stays so

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Out of curiosity, what would peoples cash out strategy be here? Or would people just ride out any bets made?

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what would peoples cash out strategy be here? Or would people just ride out any bets made?

I mostly let it ride as I enjoy having a runner in it to follow, I only cash out if they trade very low where I am guaranteeing a nice profit.

I really dont see the point in having 10 e/w (€20) on someone who shoots -3 in the first day of a 4 day event and cashing out for a loss of fiver (€15)

I mostly let it ride as I enjoy having a runner in it to follow, I only cash out if they trade very low where I am guaranteeing a nice profit.

I really dont see the point in having 10 e/w (€20) on someone who shoots -3 in the first day of a 4 day event and cashing out for a loss of fiver (€15)

He was -2 at the time of posting. I was asking as I had snedeker as well and was wondering if I should cut my loses on Lowry and just pin my hopes on snedeker

I wish european tour or player would onform the public they are ill before a tourny. Gives people a choice to back that player or not

• Advertisement

Say backed at 16/1, lay out at evens to stake only,so no loss

just added Brian Stuard e/w in running @50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

jjll wrote: »
    I wish european tour or player would onform the public they are ill before a tourny. Gives people a choice to back that player or not

Why would a player care about random punters or feel any obligation towards them?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Why would a player care about random punters or feel any obligation towards them?

Or even just the supporters of golf just a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Have some change in my Stan James account so going to have a bit on Lowry at 100/1, 5 e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Have some change in my Stan James account so going to have a bit on Lowry at 100/1, 5 e/w.

I'm thinking that could be a good call... he usually moves well up on Sundays.

Also gone for Snedeker again this week. I'm actually at the point with him that if I don't back and he wins I would never forgive myself. Have definitely backed him more than any other golfer over the past two years.

Also gone Lowry EW and Jaidee in Thailand .

Did you have a double ?

went with Perez outright aswell

Great shout on Perez, 100/1 wasn't he?

abarkie wrote: »
    This week I have gone for:

Anirban Lahiri and Scott Hend in Thailand

Brandt Snedeker and Nick Watney in AT&T

Good luck all

Just seen this too. Bloody hell.

Did you do a double also ?

• Advertisement

tomaussie wrote: »
    Just seen this too. Bloody hell.

Did you do a double also ?

Yes

I did 4 £1.25 E/w Doubles

I did have a look at Jaidee but thought he was a little too short,so didnt put him in - I would have been gutted after his double bogey this morning

Either way, hit the crossbar and have place winnings to collect, so at least got something to play with moving forward.

A case of so near and yet so far.

Onto the next events :)

Advertisement