Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Snedeker withdraws with the flu

Has he actually pulled out? Still being quoted on powers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Has he actually pulled out? Still being quoted on powers

Ah he has pulled out of the pro am but still in the tournament field at the minute been replaced by summerhays in the pro am

Still would prob prefer if he was a non runner rather than play if he not right

It depends whether it is actually flu or just man flu though

Ah he has pulled out of the pro am but still in the tournament field at the minute been replaced by summerhays in the pro am

Still would prob prefer if he was a non runner rather than play if he not right

It depends whether it is actually flu or just man flu though

If he pulls out prices will surely drop for a good portion of the field considering his position in the betting

If he pulls out prices will surely drop for a good portion of the field considering his position in the betting

yeh but no rule 4 so wont effect those who are on others already

yeh but no rule 4 so wont effect those who are on others already

Good to know. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Randhawa and wirachant first round and outright previous winners should show well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    Yes

I did 4 £1.25 E/w Doubles

I did have a look at Jaidee but thought he was a little too short,so didnt put him in - I would have been gutted after his double bogey this morning

Either way, hit the crossbar and have place winnings to collect, so at least got something to play with moving forward.

A case of so near and yet so far.

Onto the next events :)

Collected £145 to move forward with :D:D

Initial thoughts for this week are:

Shiv Kapur and S.S.P. Chowrasia - Hero Indian Open

Aaron Baddeley, JB Holmes, Charles Schwarzel and Bill Haas

Need to reduce for my bet

Narrowed it down to:

Aaron Baddeley, JB Holmes - Northern Trust Open

E/w Doubles

Good luck everyone - For some reason I feel negative this week, must be mental let down after last week's crossbar hit

Nice start for Chawrasia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Poor Shiv was going along nicely at 2 under with 3 to play but finished bogey, bogey and double bogey. +2.

I think he may have lost the head a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Note to self dont ever bet on Indian open :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,324 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Simpson 40/1
    Woodland 60/1
    Stefaini 80/1
    Finau 100/1

All we for me this week.

Gl all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

No interest going into weekend for me taking next week off

nice sweat for the weekend Chawrasia leading and Ryan Moore currently co leading

bollox bogey on the last for moore

I stoped backing the two Ryan's a good while ago. Always melt when they're in contention.

If I ever back SSP Chawrasia again just block/ban/shoot me!!

That was horrendous beyond belief

If I ever back SSP Chawrasia again just block/ban/shoot me!!

That was horrendous beyond belief

Hope you had a chance to lay off a small bit.

But yes, devastating final round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

What a joke for chawrassia people didnt even look expecting him to have won til i saw sky sports news how can only 16 people out of 70 be under par im like a few others dont bet on indian open

Sorry to hear that lads.

Christ I be well pissed.

I swear there might be a profit to be made from laying Golfers once they go odds on.

• Advertisement

Had Randhawa and JB Holmes done ew singly and as an ew double. Woke up this morning thinking I might be collecting some money, both seem to have shat the knickers

Serious winning mentality deficiencies existing on Tour both sides of the pond.

Embarrassing really. These guys should be living for the opportunity to win. Not bottling it at almost every available chance.

You would be showing some serious profit laying odds-on players this season.

When will Tiger be fit and ready again ? (Nostalgic rethorical question of course).

Oh what could of been:( Chawrasia +5 and Moore +4 final rounds where right kicks in stones, A place from Moore would have seen nice returns.

Nope didn't bother laying off any of Chawrasia either:mad:

Still though its is another profitable week with Place money from both Chawrasia and Marksaeng and also the place money from Dustin doubled into both of them so I shouldn't really be complaining.

Now to look ahead to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Gone DJ win and JB Holmes ew in the states

Rahman Siddikur and S Chikkarangappa (no idea who is he but a tipster suggested him of Twittier) ew in India

And a Holmes + Siddikur ew double

GL all

Jaysus that was disappointing especially the ew double. Woke up on Sunday morning to see Siddikur was 6+ for his round. Seemed neither DJ or Sergio actually wanted to win to the tournament. Probably would have been worse if I backed Sergio but Dustin's 3rd shot into the 17th hole was nothing short of awful. Genuinely think I would have done better with that myself. At least it made for enjoyable enough viewing last night.

Was happy enough for Hahn in the end. Thought he came off fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Small punts on Garcia at 25's and Wiesberger at 45's.

Well that was frustrating, par par finish would have won it for him, he played pretty rubbish though so wasn't surprised to see him finish the way he did. Onto next week.

Fancy 5 players in florida this week that I am keen on and have 3 picks for joburg!!! noh to try figure out a staking plan :-)

Any early fancies?

Had Randhawa and JB Holmes done ew singly and as an ew double. Woke up this morning thinking I might be collecting some money, both seem to have shat the knickers
    Narrowed it down to:

Aaron Baddeley, JB Holmes - Northern Trust Open

E/w Doubles

Good luck everyone - For some reason I feel negative this week, must be mental let down after last week's crossbar hit

That negativity came to the fore on Sunday with Chowrasia and JB Holmes

Back to the drawing board for this week

Honda
    Bradley
    kirk
    streb
    berger
    noh

Joburg
    mulroy
    roos
    harvey

All each way and small e/w doubles.

I am also in Florida this weekend and only just realised the golf is there so looking at possibility of going on the Friday, haven't told the wife this yet though!!!

Already backed Daniel Berger at 150\1.

Already couple Top 10s this season. No course form but did win College event here, I know it diffrerent standard but he has good memories here. He has really come on nicely since his Top 30 finish at US Open.

Florida native too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Palmer at 35/1
    Poulter and Dufner at 80's
    Ben Martin at 100/1

I'll also have a small bit on Berger. I don't even know if I've ever backed Poulter before but his switch to Titleist looks to really have given him a boost this season. All e/w.

Advertisement