Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Noren is back but fancy him to win next week on a short course in africa open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Already backed Daniel Berger at 150\1.

Already couple Top 10s this season. No course form but did win College event here, I know it diffrerent standard but he has good memories here. He has really come on nicely since his Top 30 finish at US Open.

Florida native too.

Nice job getting the 150s, I got 125/1 but was only expecting him to be 100's

You really need to be quick out of the traps on a Monday these days to get the best prices, I was in the bookies about 9 o clock and already 2 of the guys I backed have shortened since then Bradley 30s > 28s and Streb 100s >80s

I missed it until now but think Lucas Bjerregaard is overpriced @200/1 with Boyles. Gona let it go as have bets done already

• Registered Users Posts: 34,324 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Nice job getting the 150s, I got 125/1 but was only expecting him to be 100's

You really need to be quick out of the traps on a Monday these days to get the best prices, I was in the bookies about 9 o clock and already 2 of the guys I backed have shortened since then Bradley 30s > 28s and Streb 100s >80s

Ya agree.

I tend to have most of my bets done by Tuesday if I can. If Racing Post tip up somebody you fancy the price is gone.

Looking at this weeks field I see some good value. Players normally 66 or 80s are 125 or150 in some cases this week.

When you have players like Rory, Rose and Kaymer back that will happen but I tend to find the better value at the long shots now.

Although I have got off to poor start this year compared to last I am hopeful to have nice winner or two come before summer hopefully. Not had a sniff so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Not much time this week. Rory is absolutely worthy favourite and I'll have a stakes saver at 4/1.

Will MacKenzie, briefcase wānker, is my main bet at 100/1 in the Honda. Likes it here and was in very good form prior to taking some time off with a sore hand. Hopefully he is fully fit.

First glance at Joburg is swaying me toward Richard Sterne at 22/1 and I'm both surprised and happy with that price. Poor form in America recently but previously a runaway winner here.

EDIT - adding Schwartzel at 40/1. One last chance on a course that should suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Palmer at 35/1
    Poulter and Dufner at 80's
    Ben Martin at 100/1

I'll also have a small bit on Berger. I don't even know if I've ever backed Poulter before but his switch to Titleist looks to really have given him a boost this season. All e/w.

Placed my bets this morning, was checking prices on PP last night, have money in my Stan James account so I placed them there, Palmer at 33/1, Poulter at 66/1 were a bit shorter but Dufner and Berger at 125/1 and Ben Martin at 250/1 make up for it. Also had a tiny pop at Mackenzie, Was resisting him until Tom backed him. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

G-mac, Reed and Mackenzie in the states.

Sterne and Mowat in SA

All EW

GL all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Shame to see Smartgolfbets form database has finished publishing for free... it was my go to every week.

Going to follow Yaya with Dufner.

My tissue had him him around 80/1 so 125/1 is a big price imo.

My 3 other bets are Fowler, McDowell at 33/1 and Finau at 125/1.

Gl all this week

HighLine wrote: »
    Shame to see Smartgolfbets form database has finished publishing for free... it was my go to every week.

Yep first port of call for me every week as well

What's the story with that other site how much to join or what's the deal

• Advertisement

Yep first port of call for me every week as well

What's the story with that other site how much to join or what's the deal

I seen someone mention $10 a month on the Golf Betting System Facebook page, definitely not worth that for how much I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Ryan Palmer looks solid. 35/1 ew 6 places in powers. Was beaten in a playoff in this last year. Stuck his approach in the water and bogeyed the last. 4 way playoff in the end won by Russell Henley.

I seen someone mention $10 a month on the Golf Betting System Facebook page, definitely not worth that for how much I use it.

Ugh wasn't expecting that was thinking it be max 20 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Honda Classic - Rickie Fowler & Keegan Bradley

Jo'burg Open - Thomas Aiken & Andy Sullivan

Looked at P Reed but left out of Honda Open

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Joburg. Kieffer and horsey

Honda. stuard, Steele and Hadley

Anyone think of a reason Paul Casey is in the 50s with a 2nd last week and reasonable course form for The Honda?

HighLine wrote: »
    Anyone think of a reason Paul Casey is in the 50s with a 2nd last week and reasonable course form for The Honda?

Rory is the main reason then add in the likes of rose. Generally means better prices for the rest of the field

Rory is the main reason then add in the likes of rose. Generally means better prices for the rest of the field

Yeah.. I fully expect Rory to get the job done this weekend but think I'll have a little ew look at Casey at 50/1 top 6 with PP.

I don't think he was ever going be as long as 9/2 or 5s for me to back Rory, but just feel 7\2 is on skinny side even if he has a good chance this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mickelson at 55/1 (SJ) has gotten to that sort of price where you can't say no to an e/w punt.

will also have a few quid e/w on Jbe Kruger in the Joburg

• Advertisement

How often you see a man shoot 62 and be 50/1 after 1st round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Backed Kaymer at 10's for interest as my selection missed the cut and backed Sterne again at 50's.

Small ew double too.

One of my bets this week Brendan Steele going well, added Aitken in SA 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Have Reed Leishmann and Henley all done, Henley one outside the cut.

Steele -4 thru 4!

Just backed Callum Mowat @125s for interest

Have Reed Leishmann and Henley all done, Henley one outside the cut.

Steele -4 thru 4!
    In on at 100/1 e/w, is there a chance this might turn into a 54 hole event?, oh I would like that .
    Plenty of rain around sat/sun and then the sun comes out Monday.

Just got Poulter and Harrington at 70/1 on Stan James, bets are placed and accepted, and 1 miinute later they are down to 12/1 and 33/1. Will be interesting to see what happens.

In on at 100/1 e/w, is there a chance this might turn into a 54 hole event?, oh I would like that .
    Plenty of rain around sat/sun and then the sun comes out Monday.

Confirmed monday finish so 4 rounds

Palmer at 35/1
    Poulter and Dufner at 80's
    Ben Martin at 100/1

I'll also have a small bit on Berger. I don't even know if I've ever backed Poulter before but his switch to Titleist looks to really have given him a boost this season. All e/w.
    Just got Poulter and Harrington at 70/1 on Stan James, bets are placed and accepted, and 1 miinute later they are down to 12/1 and 33/1. Will be interesting to see what happens.

What a rollercoster that was. After Garcia collapsing on me last week I was expecting the same again this week. I got the full odds on my in play bets on Harrington and Poulter. Was nice having Berger and Harrington in a play-off, still was wishing for Harrington to win though.

PH_zpsjkvruut2.png

• Advertisement

Already backed Daniel Berger at 150\1.

Already couple Top 10s this season. No course form but did win College event here, I know it diffrerent standard but he has good memories here. He has really come on nicely since his Top 30 finish at US Open.

Florida native too.

First off well done Yaya and few others who backed Harrington.

Very happy for Harrington. It was strange keeping updates in work. Had I not backed Berger I be 100% behind Harrington..but when money is involved I was 50/50.

Still getting 150\1 place should always be considered a good week.

Would like feeling of winner soon. Roll on this week

Advertisement