Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

On Donald ew @67

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Very late posting this week

Dufner & Kuchar in the Valspar

Van Zyl & Mulroy in the Tshwane

Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

coetzee home course should taken hint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just backed Ernst on the exchange at 48/1. Was very tempted to lay moore , his swing doesn't hold up under pressure but his price has gone a bit big for my liking after his and spieths respective approach shots just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Just had a bet on stenson for interest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Just had a bet on stenson for interest

I did one on Reed. Fully expect Moore to collapse and probably Speith to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

tomaussie wrote: »
    I did one on Reed. Fully expect Moore to collapse and probably Speith to win.

Right on Moore and Speith had Reed also sick of second place at this stage what a jip

Did kevin phelan with pp tonight dont expect 28s to stay around long. Hopefully he gets morning draw thursday its going to get windy thursday afternoon afterwards

Going for Stenson at 10/1 in America. Good course form combined with good recent form makes him an easy pick. Stenson is in a band of maybe 3-5 players that is untouchable when he is on his game and, more importantly, his head is in the right place.

Think he won the last time I backed him about 5 years ago so looking for back to back wins ! Not at all happy with the 10/1 but I've said before that I'm making my selection irrespective of odds so I'm sticking with that mantra.

Going with a speculative bet on the Belgian Hugues Joannes in Europe at 40/1. I might look a bit more into this comp and make one more selection.

This will be highest price for rory at start of tourny all year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,321 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jjll wrote: »
    Did kevin phelan with pp tonight dont expect 28s to stay around long. Hopefully he gets morning draw thursday its going to get windy thursday afternoon afterwards

Might be worth a first round leader bet if he gets good draw. Will be interesting.

I think Rory is at a price I can't resist backing at 6\1 this week. I even missed 13\2 but happy to take 6s. My tissue had him around 5-11\2 so happy enough with the price. Win Only bet

I also like the price on Fowler at 33s ew. Very slow start to season but he seems to be coming into form at a nice time.

That's it for this week. Might have bet in play if my 2 picks disappoint.

Has anyone found and alternative to Mike smart golf bets stats for the pgs tour? Just even somewhere that does course form and recent form

I had looked at that pay site but you don't get it emailed until Tuesday which is useless from a betting perspective

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Has anyone found and alternative to Mike smart golf bets stats for the pgs tour? Just even somewhere that does course form and recent form

I had looked at that pay site but you don't get it emailed until Tuesday which is useless from a betting perspective

Unibet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

jjll wrote: »
    Unibet

Do you have a link please?

Not the betting site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Unibet do a good review. Not the same as smartgolfbets though.

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/golf/pga-tour/pga-tour-golf-betting-home-comforts-help-stenson-bay-hill

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

stenson ew double with liverpool win last night. Harris english in good form too.

Thanks but not really looking for a preview more the stats that smart golf bets used to produce. The like of the unibet preview are a dime a dozen. Also just to air on the side of caution ya man that writes that unibet preview also has his own paid tips site done my email which are often different from one's recommended in the preview. He is decent though and knows his stuff!

Has anyone considered paying for Mike's stats through that other site?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

You'll get course and form stats on the golf betting system site (golfbettingsystem.co.uk) Not as user friendly as Mike Millers was but it does the job. Same info.
    Wouldn't dream of paying for it, have you seen how much they're charging? Jokers.

Its crazy money. I be willing to pay 20euro for the year but at that price you can forget it. Pity as was a very handy tool and easy.

edit: I find golfbettingsystem very good too.

Mike Millers was bit easier on the eye and straightforward, but a good substitute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Harris English,Brendan Steele and matt jones all e/w

Cheers lads will give gbs a go think I used follow them when I used Facebook it rings a bell

Won't need it for this week as I am going max bet on Rory, gona take the 11/2 with boyles with money back is 2nd/3rd including ties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Win only on Stenson and a small EW saver on Rickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Can someone explain to me how you bet an each way double? The best link I can find is here but it still doesn't give you a step by step process!

http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/each-way-double-explained.htm

I seen a guy on Facebook with this bet type, in it for last week he had Coetzee, Donald, Spieth & Scott as a €1 each way doubles bet.

However he won on Coetzee & Spieth but didn't lose the bet even though Donald & Scott didn't place. It's like an accumulator but 1 loser doesn't lose you the bet.

Paddy Power, Coral or Betfair don't allow me to do this bet type only as a single!

tomaussie wrote: »

Going with a speculative bet on the Belgian Hugues Joannes in Europe at 40/1. I might look a bit more into this comp and make one more selection.

Have had a lash on Daniel Im in the Madeira too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Can someone explain to me how you bet an each way double? The best link I can find is here but it still doesn't give you a step by step process!

http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk/each-way-double-explained.htm

I seen a guy on Facebook with this bet type, in it for last week he had Coetzee, Donald, Spieth & Scott as a €1 each way doubles bet.

However he won on Coetzee & Spieth but didn't lose the bet even though Donald & Scott didn't place. It's like an accumulator but 1 loser doesn't lose you the bet.

Paddy Power, Coral or Betfair don't allow me to do this bet type only as a single!

He had separate each way doubles. So €1 E/W double on Coetzee and Spieth, €1 E/W double on Coetzee and Donald, and a €1 E/W double on Coetzee and Scott. Whoever he did the bet with probably worked out the only legitimate combinations for him e.g the ones I've listed, so he would have just entered his stake under "doubles", and it would have added up to a total of 6 staked once he clicked the E/W box.

You cannot have a multiple bet with selections that have conflicting interests - e.g 2 horses in the same race. 2 teams in the outright market for the same tournament.

In terms of an each way double, You collect the win and the each way part of the bet if both win. You collect the E/W part ONLY if one wins and one places. You collect the E/W part only if both place. You get nothing for one winning and one finishing outside the places, likewise with one placing and one finishing outside the places.

You have to pick one selection from one tournament and one selection from another tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Added ssp Chowresia @40/1, outright e/w and frl

Ben Coley just retweeted a guy who says that a top Caddie reckons the Greens at Bay Hill are Poor, muddy and some Pins unplayable.

Might be worth keeping in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Added ssp Chowresia @40/1, outright e/w and frl

just came to post him as my selection, seems to be putting together 3 good rounds and one stinker recently.
    if he can hold it together for the 4 rounds he'll be there or there about in what is a very weak field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I like Stenson but I just can't back him at such a short price. Harris English at 35/1 is my only bet, might have another pop on Saturday when I see how play is going.

Advertisement