Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

45 mph gusts tomo in madeira so will be interesting scores

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Can't bring myself to back Chawrasia again after the shambles of the Indian open. Maybe less pressure of it not being his home open can get him over the line.

Extremely weak field for Madeira and my 2 selections are Hahn and Kakko both e/w @ 66/1

haven't done my bets for the Arnold Palmer yet but pretty sure it will involve Rory

Rory win only @11/2
    Bradley e/w 6 places @33/1
    Fowler e/w 6 places @28/1

Also backed Rory to be first round leader as his record of same is fantastic only got 10/1 but he was 12s I think

I also done so small win only doubles with the above and hahn and kakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Bubba withdraws.

The favourites significantly shortening in price as a result - Stenson had already shortened a bit because of Palmer this morning.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Bubba withdraws.

The favourites significantly shortening in price as a result - Stenson had already shortened a bit because of Palmer this morning.

When did he withdraw? Only done my bet about half 8 and worried I won't get the price if it was wrong as I hadn't time to check screen just took it straight from coupon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

redzerdrog wrote: »
    When did he withdraw? Only done my bet about half 8 and worried I won't get the price if it was wrong as I hadn't time to check screen just took it straight from coupon

About 25 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This weeks selections:

Adam Scott & Kevin Na in Arnold Palmer

Bradley Dredge & Scott Henry in Madiera

Good luck all

Madeira open looking already a 54 hole tourny winds up and going to get worse so could be no play today as balls moving on greens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Vijay Singh 170-1 betfair has been playing very well and fading in the last round has form around bay hill so looks a nice price if the old legs can carry him

Francesco Molinari like singh starting tournaments very well and fading young legs 100-1 betfair.

Small bet on Harrington at 220-1 couldnt resist when harry starts winning he usually wins a few so heres hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,321 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just added Finau for ew bet at 100/1.

that will be it for weekend no matter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Anyone know where is doing the best price for Jason Day for the Masters? Preferably bricks and mortar shop as I only have pp account.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Anyone know where is doing the best price for Jason Day for the Masters? Preferably bricks and mortar shop as I only have pp account.

He is 14\1 with Boyles and PP anyway. Best price too

One thing I have learned this week is to never go on holidays to Madeira in March! iirc last year was a similar story with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    One thing I have learned this week is to never go on holidays to Madeira in March! iirc last year was a similar story with the weather

This is the first time since 2009 that it has been played in March! Was May the past few years.

qwabercd wrote: »
    This is the first time since 2009 that it has been played in March! Was May the past few years.

Still think there may have been bad delays due to weather last year aswell. Could be wrong though

Looks like tourny in madeira will be cancelled no chance play today

2pm restart need phelan to be 3 under by end round 1 as it will be a 36 hole tourny

Can 36 holes even considered. Really is joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

If it's only 18 holes will they declare a winner ?

tomaussie wrote: »
    If it's only 18 holes will they declare a winner ?

I thought it had to be 36 holes to declare a

Pretty sure it's 36 holes in most bookmakers rules

• Advertisement

From what I've read they will pay out on an officially declared result by the tour. So if the european tour declare a winner they will pay out.

Abandoned / postponed/ shortened event

Should a tournament be shortened, or otherwise affected due to weather conditions the trophy presentation will govern settlement, including tournament groups, matches, place only, top 10 and all other 72-hole markets provided at least 36 holes of the event have been completed.
    Should 36 holes not be completed then all bets on that event will be void except markets that have already been decided i.e. 'first round 3-balls'.

https://support.paddypower.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63/~/golf-rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

m1ck007 wrote: »
    stenson ew double with liverpool win last night. Harris english in good form too.

Can you post that bet?? Didn't know you could combine a single with a double like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Harris English,Brendan Steele and matt jones all e/w
    All 3 in with an e/w shout, happy days, going to stick with Steele this year, think he will win one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Ugh had Stenson in a double with Dredge, he was nowhere so thought I was looking good when Stenson hit 1/7 in running :( he was cruising but just couldn't finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Bets on the Madiera open will hardly be refunded due to the event being cancelled would they?

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Bets on the Madiera open will hardly be refunded due to the event being cancelled would they?

Full refunds all round.

Bets declared void.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Can you post that bet?? Didn't know you could combine a single with a double like that

You are right. PP wont pay out!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Fancy zach johnson and palmer for the valero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

tomaussie wrote: »
    Full refunds all round.

Bets declared void.

Cheers Tom.

Anyone with PP who haven't been refunded as of yet?

Advertisement