Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Would be very surprised if this is true!

It's a special market that they do for related bets, like scorecasts in football, and they generally do it the week before each major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I don't want to give opinion, but I hope he does not lose stroke over that. Would be harsh. I know rules are rules but still.

It will be 2 strokes if it is the case. Will
    be interesting to see what happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,321 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When will that decision be made does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

frat wrote: »
    It's a special market that they do for related bets, like scorecasts in football, and they generally do it the week before each major.

Yeah but a player scoring first for a team enhances the chances the team's match result. DJ winning in texas doesn't increase his chances of winning the masters.

Yes, his odds will more than likely drop with increased form in the view of the bookmaker and more money backing him but it would be unfair to penalise a punter who got in on a higher price even as part of a double.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If he gets a penalty now for touching his line I will crack!!!!!!

I think the bet was won.

Thankfully common sense won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think the bet was won.

Thankfully common sense won

Yep bet was settled a nice 50/1 winner to start the weekend

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Yep bet was settled a nice 50/1 winner to start the weekend

Well done!.

Thats a nice start to the weekend.

I think the FRL market is one I like to get more involved in, but no1 rule check the weather.:pac:

Half the field were wiped out of any chance of leading yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Well done!.

Thats a nice start to the weekend.

I think the FRL market is one I like to get more involved in, but no1 rule check the weather.:pac:

Half the field were wiped out of any chance of leading yesterday.

The scoring seems to be easier today with a number of players ticking along nicely. I'm on Ryan Palmer from the get go but I'm placing an in running shout on Walker at 8s at the minute. He just seems to be piecing things together again after a dry spell when before he was tearing it up early in the season.

Some small in play bets as Stal had a mare today.

Fleetwood
    lagergren
    Benson

Also couple of small bets in the US
    Kirk
    Chappell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

2 doubles and 3 boogies in last 4 holes last three days has cost horsey should be at least 4 or 5 clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anybody found a replacement site for stats since smartgolfbets sold out? Anything remotely similar out there that's free?

I have googled it myself, but have been unable to find anything. Cheers.

Golfbettingsystems seems to be the only other one about although it is not as easy to read as mikes it still does the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Fùck me.

Kokrak doesn't like the putting.

Fear it's going to cost me my place money.

Steele finishing just outside the place money sums up the start of the season for me.

1 winner and 2 placed only so far this year compared to 3 winners and least half dozen places last year.

Think I will put energy into Masters now. Determined for that week to be good. Well done to anyone who had winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Followed the tips on the pga website this week. Most went with the back a Texan in Texas theory so I had speith, Palmer and walker all e/w.

Don't think I'll have a better week unless I start upping my stake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    The scoring seems to be easier today with a number of players ticking along nicely. I'm on Ryan Palmer from the get go but I'm placing an in running shout on Walker at 8s at the minute. He just seems to be piecing things together again after a dry spell when before he was tearing it up early in the season.

Walker is coming back into a bit of form it seems. Don't think he might be a contender at the Masters but he'll have a say in a couple of the majors later in the year I think.

Eager to get a price on my 2 selections this week.

Had a winner and hit the bar a few times recently so excited about feeling very confident that I have this weeks winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

really annoyed with horsey 3 over through 4 and not bird any par 5 on back 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Walker is coming back into a bit of form it seems. Don't think he might be a contender at the Masters but he'll have a say in a couple of the majors later in the year I think.

Tied 8th on his first start at Augusta last year was impressive- I actually really fancy him. I took him at 37/1 on betfair on Saturday and 33/1 on skybet early on Sunday (he had been cut by all the other firms).

Reed, Oosthuizen, Westwood and Casey the ones I'm considering this week. Will likely go with a single on Reed and 2 of the other 3 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Henrik Stenson's just said on Facebook that he is out of the Shell Houston Open and no Augusta practice due to getting a flu. I had really fancies him for Augusta but not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Henrik Stenson's just said on Facebook that he is out of the Shell Houston Open and no Augusta practice due to getting a flu. I had really fancies him for Augusta but not now.

Balls i already have him backed e/w for Augusta. Looked like he was hitting goof form and all.

Pity I didn't get on before Stenson pulled out. Affected the prices by about 8 points for my selections.

Ok. I think Walker was a great price at 16's but I'll still have a stakes saver at 12's. I think that's a fair price.

My main two selections are Oosthuizen at 28's and JB Holmes at 25's. I'm fully expecting these two to be battling it out on the final 9 holes on Sunday and in the final pairing. Easy.

I hope to see a good performance from Schwartzel as I back him for the Masters about 2 months ago and he could do with a few food rounds to improve confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

qwabercd wrote: »
    Tied 8th on his first start at Augusta last year was impressive- I actually really fancy him. I took him at 37/1 on betfair on Saturday and 33/1 on skybet early on Sunday (he had been cut by all the other firms).

Reed, Oosthuizen, Westwood and Casey the ones I'm considering this week. Will likely go with a single on Reed and 2 of the other 3 ew.

Yes, I like Walker for Augusta too, I backed him on BF a couple of weeks ago at a rather tasty 65!

Well that sucks, I also backed him a couple of weeks ago at 25/1 E.W and really really fancied it.

To be fair, Stenson knows his way around Augusta so whilst it's not ideal, I wouldn't rule him out yet.

Elsewhere looking at Holmes at 80/1, obviously in form and a big hitter but not a big drawer of the ball so will be interesting to see how he fares

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Rory Mcilroy at 5/1 for the masters is one of the worst prices i've ever seen, yes e has a chance of winning but so do 30-40 other players!!

Rory was lower I say before Christmas. Im pretty certain i saw 7/2 in places for Masters.

If he gets pushed out to 6s I might get in, but otherwise think look elsewhere.

BetVictor and SportingBet have Rory at 6.

HighLine wrote: »
    BetVictor and SportingBet have Rory at 6.

Cheers. Used to have BV account but they cancelled my account after won few bets. I think I was up about 500quid with them and they cancelled. Bit gutless and a joke.

I would say something if I was a big gambler and winning much more but my max bet would be 10-15 euro on any player and no more then 20-30 quid per week on Golf.

Cheers. Used to have BV account but they cancelled my account after won few bets. I think I was up about 500quid with them and they cancelled. Bit gutless and a joke.

I would say something if I was a big gambler and winning much more but my max bet would be 10-15 euro on any player and no more then 20-30 quid per week on Golf.

That's a bit ridiculous alright... did they give a reason for cancelling the account?

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    That's a bit ridiculous alright... did they give a reason for cancelling the account?

Basically they said they were not hapy with my "Pattern of Betting". that was their words.

it sounded like some sort of matchfixing but I know real reason was cause won money. But like I say it was not big enough to cancel.

thats why I cant wait to get my exchange account up and running again. better odds but also dont have worry about winning.

Advertisement