Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Speith into 9/4 best odds anyone else find that really short? Early days yet

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Hope all your bets are going well lads. Mine certainly aren't!! For the superstitious among you I just noticed there whilst doing a bit of research that for the last 4 years the overall winner of the Masters shot a 69 in their opening round. 4 players shot a 69 yesterday; Ryan Palmer, Paul Casey, Webb Simpson and Bill Haas.
    Which of them 4 players has the most realistic chance of wearing the green jacket on Sunday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hope all your bets are going well lads. Mine certainly aren't!! For the superstitious among you I just noticed there whilst doing a bit of research that for the last 4 years the overall winner of the Masters shot a 69 in their opening round. 4 players shot a 69 yesterday; Ryan Palmer, Paul Casey, Webb Simpson and Bill Haas.
    Which of them 4 players has the most realistic chance of wearing the green jacket on Sunday evening?

I've Haas backed @ 90's so liking your thinking!
    any interest in Scott @ 50's now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Took a punt on Sergio now wondering whether to persevere or cash out for double my initial stake, would be a little green if he did it though I still think there are big titles in him.

bladespin wrote: »
    Took a punt on Sergio now wondering whether to persevere or cash out for double my initial stake, would be a little green if he did it though I still think there are big titles in him.

See how he gets on in the first 9 today and judge from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

wrestling with the same thoughts. He missed some easy putts yesterday so I'm having familiar doubts over him.

ballyargus wrote: »
    wrestling with the same thoughts. He missed some easy putts yesterday so I'm having familiar doubts over him.

I think he has settles over the past few months but it's hard to be overly confident. :o

Looks like tomorrow will be Betting W/O Speith

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

whats going on with jason day? shocking off the tee... shocking all round

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm kicking myself for not backing Spieth, I remember backing him a couple of times last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hopefully get decent odds on Rory over the coming weeks now. He looks undercooked here to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

All over bar the shouting ?

Looks like a runaway winner.

Wrapped up within two days. Huge anticlimax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

tomaussie wrote: »
    All over bar the shouting ?

Looks like a runaway winner.

Wrapped up within two days. Huge anticlimax.

Still plenty of place money to play for.

Forgot to mention I backed Justin Rose each way earlier don't think it after timing as he is now a bigger price than when I backed him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Backed Stenson at 6/1 to miss the cut. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Kaymer lost at when he was 1.2 at the Abu Dhabi Championship in January.

The fact that Speith is still 1.6 suggests it's far from over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Spieth, Reed, Garcia, Sang Moon Bae, Casey and Lahiri.

Good luck everyone.

Spieth and Casey doing what I wanted. Garcia and Reed need to go low today. Also took Tiger before play started so I've got plenty of interest for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Speith doing what i wanted. Schwartzl could do with being a couple under par today again. As for Stenson and Fowler I need them to go low low for next 2 days, they have the golf to do it but doubt they will at this stage.

Stuck a couple of quid on Haas this morning e/w at 100/1

Only Speith looking good for me. Bubba/Poulter/Walker require a massive 2 days. If Bubba can get 4 or 5 under today could be in with contention.Backed Caberea WO Speith E/W at 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Should I keep Speith or cash out? Am feeling nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Do you still get the each way odds if a few golfers finish on same score ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Do you still get the each way odds if a few golfers finish on same score ?

One of the nastier parts of golf betting yes you do but it's reduced by the amount sharing that score so 1/2 for 2, 1/3 for 3 and so on horrible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

counts as a dead heat in a horse race, lower returns etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

What odds would you get on speith winning all 4 majors before mcilroy?

One of the nastier parts of golf betting yes you do but it's reduced by the amount sharing that score so 1/2 for 2, 1/3 for 3 and so on horrible stuff
    So if they pay top 6 , and your golfer finshes 3 rd on his own , it's better than 3 people finishing 2nd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Might back Mickelson if he finishes only 4 back. Experience has to come into it

So if they pay top 6 , and your golferinshes 3 rd on his own , it's better than 3 people finishing 2nd ?

I think you would only get 1/4 of what you should horrible when it happens

Nasty -

No, if your bet 'places' then the odds are divided according to the original ratio, usually 1/4 so a 40:1 bet at €1 ew would return about €11 if placed and not a win.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

spud82 wrote: »
    Should I keep Speith or cash out? Am feeling nervous

I just cashed out. €10ew@10/1. Got 97.95. I can watch the game now tonight in peace.

• Advertisement

No, if your bet 'places' then the odds are divided according to the original ratio, usually 1/4 so a 40:1 bet at €1 ew would return about €11 if placed and not a win.

Yeah it only matters If theres more dead heated than the amount of places paid out and in golf it happens quite often

Advertisement