Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    why all the love for Fleetwood?

Cos Fleetwood would would Fleetwood.;)

Or I'm hoping anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Scoring looks very good this morning. Big advantage for guys like Speith, Johnson etc if the wind starts to gust in the afternoon for the late starters.

Peter Alliss saying the weather is going to deteriorate after lunch, and all my bets are late tee-offs.:( Note to self about future betting:
    tumblr_mlmr6dEOlY1s5kcd1o1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

what price is speith in running? im in work cant check

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

akelly02 wrote: »
    what price is speith in running? im in work cant check

7/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

redzerdrog wrote: »
    7/2

cheers red

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Working nights so missed my golfer. Went with Schwartzel. Took him at 90/1 on Bet365. Might back 1 or 2 more for tomorrow. I'm guessing Bet365 was only 5 places Yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Peter Alliss saying the weather is going to deteriorate after lunch, and all my bets are late tee-offs.:( Note to self about future betting:
    tumblr_mlmr6dEOlY1s5kcd1o1_250.gif

tee times will be the opposite tomorrow and tomorrows promised much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ianburke wrote: »
    tee times will be the opposite tomorrow and tomorrows promised much worse

According the the BBC the wind is meant to be the same all day tomorrow and the only thing is it's meant to be raining heavy in the morning, so all in all the late starters today have the rough end of the draw both days seemingly.

According the the BBC the wind is meant to be the same all day tomorrow and the only thing is it's meant to be raining heavy in the morning, so all in all the late starters today have the rough end of the draw both days seemingly.

spieth and a few others all drifted yesrtday due to weather forecast saying fridays afternoon will be terrible conditions. guess we will find out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Dustin Johnson

All In

That is all

Boom

Weekend made already and a nice sweat to come

Oops a bit premature I thought everyone had finished

Oops a bit premature I thought everyone had finished

Does play normally go on so late. I always thought they had to be finished round 6.30 because of the light...

Does play normally go on so late. I always thought they had to be finished round 6.30 because of the light...

iirc it usually finishes up about 20:30/21:00 I just hadn't realised the time when I posted

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Anyone think Goosen at 50/1 is worth a punt after a 66 yesterday? Some 'old' winners (Clarke, Mickelson etc.) over the past few years and he knows how to win a major!

frat wrote: »
    Anyone think Goosen at 50/1 is worth a punt after a 66 yesterday? Some 'old' winners (Clarke, Mickelson etc.) over the past few years and he knows how to win a major!

You can make a case for him alright with his fantastic Open record (think he has 5 or 6 top 10s) and has finished 5th and 6th the past two times it was played at St.Andrews.

I wouldn't imagine he'd have enough to actually win the thing outright but he could feature late into the weekend and give you a decent run for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

In golf betting news (ahem) Looks like the morning starters have the advantage today. Interesting to see if Willet and Z Johnson take advantage

Cos Fleetwood would would Fleetwood.;)

Or I'm hoping anyway...

e2f26d7d483184fbd6a960765e9e2a98ec9b91084eb7583f9617957a3ca61d0f.jpg

The lummox will be doing well to make the cut at this rate...

Stenson the wally getting going today. Would have been bang there if he didn't have such a bad back nine yesterday. Scott, Kaymar and DJ all under par too so at least they should make the cut! ha!

I'm glad the course seemed to have evened itself out with the lates yesterday getting good conditions this morning. Should be a good weekend ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Henley (-4) and Harrington (-3) each at 100/1 looks ok to me.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed that Birdie for Faldo on the 17th and his walk down 18, definitely my favourite golfer of all time.

Not sure if this meet the thread definition of 'tips' but in case anyone didn't know, coverage has moved to the home of sport BBC4.

also a few quid on Snedeker and Fleetwood for me

Hopefully both of these miss the cut which is looking likely as it is money back with Ladbrokes

<SNIP>

Anyone know how Dustin is fixed on 14? Matsuyama birdied and I know Speith just made green with his 2nd but nothing on Johnson

Today is gona be carnage by the looks of things.

Just added a few bets there

Harrington @300/1
    Grace @125/1
    Walker@90/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Could someone explain how ew works in golf in case of a tie for example if paying 7 and 4 player's tie for 7 th are they all payed out on

sword1 wrote: »
    Could someone explain how ew works in golf in case of a tie for example if paying 7 and 4 player's tie for 7 th are they all payed out on

i think it works like a dead heat. so usually you divide the stake by the number of selections in that position. if your guy comes 7th with 3 others and you had 20euro eachway at 10/1 then you will be paid out 5euro at the each way odds which would be normally 1/4 odds. so you'd end up with five euro on at 5/2 for a 17.5 return from 40 stake

it gets messier if your guy comes 6th with 4 others i havent a clue how they do it then. a lot of each ways are messed up in golf with tied places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

sword1 wrote: »

I assume you mean 6th is taken, so 4 players on 7th

Eg 7th,8th,9th,10th - all on same score

So you get 1/4 of stake at full odds

So sat it was £1 each way at 25/1, you would get 25p e/w at 25/1

Best to check your expected return before you go the shop in case of mistakes.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Anyone think Paul Dunne at 300/1 is a very good price for a guy who is sitting nicely 4 shots back?

Advertisement