Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

great approach by dunne at the 3rd hopefully will settle him . will get to -11 if he sinks it and right back in the mix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Zachary you sexy b*stard

• Registered Users Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I just 20 quid on him E/W at 80/1, still pretty good for a guy one shot off the lead. You'd think...

Not so much now. Put a bit on Niebrugge E/W at 300/1 or something a few minutes ago. What was Einstein's definition of insanity again...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone on Lieshman?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dont really like backing in play as I usually just a before tournement guy.

But put 2 small bets on
    Zach Johnson 2euro ew 35/1
    Goosen 1e ew at 80/1

1/4 3 places

Will take that.

2 winners and a place this weekend and Justin Rose tied with 100 others means I can afford a 2euro cheese burger in McDonalds ;)

From now on, back small, win more.

Hope everyone had some good fortune anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Damn it Louis!! Congrats to Zach backers. Nice win. Made a loss myself due to going heavy on dustin. Rubbish! Be awhile before i forgive him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Had a bit of a stinker. Had DJ and Scott who inexplicably didn't even place after playing the last five holes in +5 and double bogeying the last. Also had Stenson and Kaymar who played well the last few days but left himself too much to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thepoet85 wrote:
    I'm on Fleetwood, Lowry and Oosthuizen e/w.

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Good luck all

Raging about Oosthuizen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Hi all,

Question about dead heat rules in golf,

I'd Oosthuizen backed e/w and my bookies (Betway) are telling me dead heat rules apply because he dead heated for 2nd??

It was e/w 1-4, I get that Day and Speith on joint 4th would be dead heat rules aright but surely joint 2nd with one other player is top 4?

Are they scamming me??

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Tsipras wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'd Oosthuizen backed e/w and my bookies (Betway) are telling me dead heat rules apply because he dead heated for 2nd??

It was e/w 1-4, I get that Day and Speith on joint 4th would be dead heat rules aright but surely joint 2nd with one other player is top 4?

Are they scamming me??

Cheers

Unless they were only paying the top two places then the dead heat rule should not apply there. Should receive the full 25% payout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Unless they were only paying the top two places then the dead heat rule should not apply there. Should receive the full 25% payout.

Thanks for the reply, ya that's what I think..
    if they're paying dead heat rules on all of Oosty ,Leishman ,Day, Speith it would mean they're only really paying out 3 places..

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Johnson speith day leishman and oousty occupied 5 places. So yea dead heat rules apply i think. Edit: no it wont because ousty came T2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Johnson speith day leishman and oousty occupied 5 places. So yea dead heat rules apply i think. Edit: no it wont because ousty came T2

Yeah but obviously the poster shouldn't be affected as Oost finished tied 2nd. If he had Speith or Day, then yeah his payout would be halved.

The only thing that could have happened is that the each way stakes weren't as you thought when you placed the bet. Otherwise if you had e/w 1-4, they are in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Hi all,

Are they scamming me??

Cheers

Never heard the likes
    Sounds like horse manure on their part
    Can't be right at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ok I had Willett 5e.w @ 80/1 Paying Top 6, so he finished Tied 6th with 3 others anyone know what I should be paid for that? I actually think I got more than I should have or I don't actually understand the rules properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Ok I had Willett 5e.w @ 80/1 Paying Top 6, so he finished Tied 6th with 3 others anyone know what I should be paid for that? I actually think I got more than I should have or I don't actually understand the rules properly.

26.25?

As above
    1/4 your place stake X full place odds
    1.25 X 20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ianburke wrote: »
    26.25?
    mailburner wrote: »
    As above
    1/4 your place stake X full place odds
    1.25 X 20

Yea Lads I dunno what's going on, It was a freebet I used to do the bet so my stake wasn't included in the returns but for some reason I got 47.50 which I guess would have been 52.50 if my stake was due back. I withdrew it anyway so that should be the end of it but I'm still confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bets this week

Bubba 18/1 win only

Mahan 33\1
    Finau 50/1
    Rodgers 90/1
    Guthrie 125\1

FRL Hoffman 80/1, Wagner 100\1, Merrick 125\1

All ew

Only going about 60% of my normal stakes this week as I did not put in too much research this week and always bit cagey after major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Bubba and Brian Harman EW

Donaldson EW

Jimenez Win only

Bubba and Donaldson EW DBL

GL all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Guthrie and Donald ew.

Small Bets

Still deflated over Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Hi all,

Are they scamming me??

Cheers

Yes. It is not a dead heat. My bookie payed the full 1/4 odds at my place price. i.e. €20 e/w @ 22/1. €20 * (22/4) = €110 + €20(place) = €130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Getting frustrated again.

My bets have finished second for the last two weeks.

If I don't get any joy soon I'll pack it in for a few months.

Charlie Hoffman at 50's in Canada and Danny Willet at 14's in Europe.

ramsey+donaldson 35s+22s
    mc girt+de laet 90s+33s
    ew singles and ew doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Romain Wattel 80/1: Previous Results at European Masters 12':T2, 13':MC, 14': T9

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Danny Willett this week e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hit the crossbar last week again

This week going for:

European Masters 2015 - Danny Willett & Victor Dubuisson

The Senior Open Championship - Bernhard Langer & Tom Lehman

Canadian Open 2015 - Matt Kuchar & Jerry Kelly

E/w doubles & trebles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

On Donaldson Fleetwood and Weisberger all e/w in Europe this week. Came close with Oosthuizen last week so hoping to go one better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

tomaussie wrote: »
    Getting frustrated again.

My bets have finished second for the last two weeks.

If I don't get any joy soon I'll pack it in for a few months.

Charlie Hoffman at 50's in Canada and Danny Willet at 14's in Europe.

Gone with these guys for top 5 and FRL. Singles and doubles all categories.

Advertisement