Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Sorry lads I didn't get a chance to post earlier. Donaldson in Europe and Koepka in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Added Bubba in play at 9/2 with PP. Win only.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Yea Lads I dunno what's going on, It was a freebet I used to do the bet so my stake wasn't included in the returns but for some reason I got 47.50 which I guess would have been 52.50 if my stake was due back. I withdrew it anyway so that should be the end of it but I'm still confused.

I have been overpaid by bet365 before. They noticed and let it slide as a gesture of goodwill

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Danny Willett this week e/w

well done. sometimes it is just that easy! was thinking of backing him too but didnt do any golf this week. im thinking of mickelson for the uspga

On weekends like this you wonder why you didn't back willet and day in an ew double. So obvious! ha! seems so simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

day being clipped from 20s for the uspga by most

took the 20s with 365 whilst still there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mailburner wrote: »

Yes, good idea, took him at 20's on BF, also backed DJ at 14's while I was at it on BetVictor.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Backed Louis Oosthuizen for the USPGA. Once McIlroy is confirmed as out, a lot of prices will shorten. 33/1 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Missed out on the 20's but got 18's last night on Day for last Major. I really should have backed him sooner when he was around 25\1. Win only bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ramsay and Thomas e/w double is the only bet for me this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Danny Lee this week 40/1 e/w. Playing well lately, few top 5 finishes in the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

This should be a week to take a break.

Nothing on offer re course form.

In America I'm going with Jason Bohn at 50/1. Having a decent season and has been second twice. His par 4 scoring and proximity to the hole have majorly influenced my decision. I did back him once earlier in the season and he kinda crumbled when in contention but I'm willing to give him one more chance based on the setup this week.

Stephen Bowditch at 50/1 and Stewart Cink at 80/1 did make the short list and I may have a saver on each.

Crazy golf in Europe this week. How are you meant to pick a winner ? That said, I'm going with Nicolas Colsaerts at 40/1. He's not been in great form, at all, but this is a format that suits him and his length could make things easier as its a short course. There is not much cream in this field at all. Could be said about both tournaments this week. 8/1 for Rose or Fowler could look pretty big on Sunday.

Will be backing JB for lowest round on a couple of the days.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    On weekends like this you wonder why you didn't back willet and day in an ew double. So obvious! ha! seems so simple

I agree with you on Willett but there were a few who could have won in Canada.

It's been hard not backing Day, as I'm a big fan and have backed him quite a bit, but his health has just put me off him as an option recently. If Bubba had won then I think the double looked more obvious.

mailburner wrote: »

Yes, good idea, took him at 20's on BF, also backed DJ at 14's while I was at it on BetVictor.
    Backed Louis Oosthuizen for the USPGA. Once McIlroy is confirmed as out, a lot of prices will shorten. 33/1 e/w
    Missed out on the 20's but got 18's last night on Day for last Major. I really should have backed him sooner when he was around 25\1. Win only bet.

I think the player to take from last week is Bubba. Given his course form I think 20/1 is fantastic value. He really knows how to win too. If he won in Canada he would be best priced at about 14's now maybe even 12's.

tomaussie wrote: »
    I think the player to take from last week is Bubba. Given his course form I think 20/1 is fantastic value. He really knows how to win too. If he won in Canada he would be best priced at about 14's now maybe even 12's.

Once again I agree! I took him @25 on BF exchange Yesterday.

So 3 thoroughbreds backed by me so far for the USPGA Day,DJ,Bubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Paisley and Del Moral in Europe
    Goosen, Wagner, Rose and Fowler in the US
    Doubles between the lot

Backed j. Thomas and Scott henry in us and EU respectively. Both ew and a small ew double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    Hit the crossbar last week again

This week going for:

European Masters 2015 - Danny Willett & Victor Dubuisson

The Senior Open Championship - Bernhard Langer & Tom Lehman

Canadian Open 2015 - Matt Kuchar & Jerry Kelly

E/w doubles & trebles

Crossbar again

Winner and 2nd

Can't beleive Langer couldnt see it out for the double :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This week:

Maderia Islands Open - Rhys Davies 25/1 & Carlos Del Moral 33/1

Quicken Loans National -Jason Bohn 50/1 & Will Wilcox 40/1

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Jesus not great Pickens this week should have kept away this week rather than last week.

Rose
    colsearts
    Ko

Singles, Doubles and each way treble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Thomas and finau ew in the states

Colsaerts and aphibarnrat ew in Europe

Park win only in the open

Gl all

Thomas 28/1
    Finau 33\1
    Berger 100\1

FRL Danny Lee 45\1

All ew

Gl all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Nothing in Europe, Justin Thomas and Brendan Steele in the US. GL all

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Backed j. Thomas and Scott henry in us and EU respectively. Both ew and a small ew double.

Two places and ew double. Close to serious winnings.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Thomas and finau ew in the states

Colsaerts and aphibarnrat ew in Europe

Park win only in the open

Gl all

Nice going!! What price was Aphibarnrat?

Jason Bohn makes the list of players to never back again.

Completely shìt himself as soon as his name neared the top of the leaderboard on the final day.

All eggs are now going into the Bubba basket for the final major.

EDIT - could be worth waiting until the Bridgestone is over before backing Bubba as his record isn't great and his price may drift for the final major if he finishes down the field this week.

Thomas 28/1
    Finau 33\1
    Berger 100\1

FRL Danny Lee 45\1

All ew

Gl all.

Got few quid back but still slight loss for week

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Nice going!! What price was Aphibarnrat?

40/1. He did his best to throw it away at the end of the final match yesterday. Serious approach on 18 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

had Thomas Haas and Danny Lee all backed. annoying as they fini in tie for 4th which went down to ninth!

• Advertisement

Very good field and previous winners indicates one of the favourites will win.

I'm taking the 25/1 on Oosthuizen as it's the best value available and I don't want to jump ship having backed him in the Open. Simple as.

Also think Adam Scott will go low but guessing which day might be expensive.

Advertisement