Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Have gone with Dustin Johnson, Bill Haas, Charley Hoffman and Ricky Barnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Degag wrote: »
    Have gone with Dustin Johnson, Bill Haas, Charley Hoffman and Ricky Barnes.

All the best but think Hoffman,Dustin and Barnes would be too erratic this week,that's without me looking at past results etc as I havnt had a min to study form this week.
    Just backed Donald myself,do a few more later.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Stricker, Haas , Streelman and Toms for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

All the best but think Hoffman,Dustin and Barnes would be too erratic this week,that's without me looking at past results etc as I havnt had a min to study form this week.
    Just backed Donald myself,do a few more later.

Hoffman has a decent record around there and is playing well recently. Dustin isn't exactly a wild player. Doesn't seem to have a good record there either though but i think some day soon, he's just gonna blow a field apart. 55s on Paddys seems a decent price. Some day Ricky will put 4 good rounds together. At 300s he's just a fun bet really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Lee Westwood e/w @25/1 (7 places)
    Billy Horschel e/w @50/1 (6 places)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Matt Jones @225/1 all 7 places e/w
    Matt Every @300/1
    mark Wilson @175/1
    Donald 20/1 win only

Added Peter Hanson @80/1 e/w top 7,

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

D Johnson @ 50-1
    B Watson @ 60-1
    DA Points @ 100-1
    P Perez @ 125-1
    K Stadler @ 150-1
    G De Laet @ 200-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Bill Haas 110
    Jim Furyk 70
    Sergio Garcia 36
    Brian Gay 410
    Steve Stricker 70
    Henrik Stenson 75
    Matt Kuchar 36
    Charl Schwatzel 42
    Tim Clark 100

All win on exchange

I see where you are coming from here and I'm liking ALL your selections. Well except Kuchar. I just don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Ricky Fowler at 65-1 Betfair looks solid to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Luke Donald 20-1 e/w
    Brandt Snedeker 45-1 e/w
    Zack Johnson 70-1 e/w
    Steve Stricker 50-1 e/w
    Kyle Stanley 110-1 e/w

Gotta love the golf! Good luck to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ricky Fowler at 65-1 Betfair looks solid to me :p

80.0 on the exchanges now if ya fancy him

Just think this course will punish any erratic play from him but one of these weeks he will put 4 rounds together and win a big one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Only 2 small bets for me, Horschel @ 50/1 and Lynn @ 135/1. Not really confident in either. Going to wait until Saturday and I'll have a couple more bets then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

sb78 wrote: »
    narrowed it down to the below 4 in the end:

Donald 18
    Kuchar 33
    Stenson 60
    McDowell 40

Almost identical although I went with Streelman in place of Kuchar - hopefully we are both rubbing lovely bookie money on our titties Sunday night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I went with this:

Zach Johnson 1pt e/w @ 66/1

Kevin Stadler .5pt e/w @ 150/1

Peter Hanson .5pt e/w @ 80/1

Kevin Streelman 1pt e/w @ 80/1

David Toms .5pt e/w @ 100/1

Bo Van Pelt 1pt win @ 40/1

Luke Donald 1pt e/w @ 18/1

Wanted to go more on Donald but at the same time had to narrow down my list to about half what it was. Jim Furyk, Stenson and Mickelson were the last few I got rid of. Toms looks screwed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Pre-tourney I went with
    G-Mac (46),
    Russell Henley (230), Top 10 (15.5)
    B Horschell (60)
    K Stanley (150), Top 10 (16)

G-Mac and Henley had decent enough first rounds.

Just for fun on the exchanges at huge prices who had a good first round I've gone for
    -5 Casey Wittenburg (270)
    -4 David Lingmerth (370) (who came 2nd earlier this year on a Peter Dye course)
    -4 Jason Bohn (610)

If any of them were to shoot a good round today I'd be all excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I backed Snedeker, Scott, Day and Dufner, all under par but Dufner and Snedeker dropped a fair few shots on last few holes, that's worrying.

Dave147 wrote: »
    I backed Snedeker, Scott, Day and Dufner, all under par but Dufner and Snedeker dropped a fair few shots on last few holes, that's worrying.

Snedeker has missed a lot recently due to an injury (ribs i think) so he will be a tad rusty.

You would think this course would suit him but he doesn't have a great record here.

I'm keeping a close eye on his progress as I'm thinking he is maximum bet material for the US Open if he gets himself right physically.

If he comes out of this tournament without any recurrence of his injury then I'll try and have a large bet on him soon just in case he wins or puts himself into contention regularly over the next 5 weeks thus shortening his current odds of 25/1.

I think he could be as low as 12/1 the week of the US Open if he stays fit until then.

Can't see past Tiger this week. Now at -7, would love to see him and McIlroy fight it out on Sunday in the last group.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Can't see past Tiger this week. Now at -7, would love to see him and McIlroy fight it out on Sunday in the last group.

Its looking ominious alright...but its not a course he has played well on in the past so you'd expect a bad/average round thrown in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Just adding Sergio Garcia to my list , couldnt resist having a little nibble at 12/1 when he was on -8. That's going to be my only in running bet.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Just adding Sergio Garcia to my list , couldnt resist having a little nibble at 12/1 when he was on -8. That's going to be my only in running bet.

And he rolls in a 19 footer followed by a 26 footer to get to -10. He is playing nicely. Come on Sergio!

And now a 40 footer to get to -11.

On fire! Great round from him in fairness.

Dustin Johnson withdraws with a lower back injury before he starts his 2nd round. He was struggling on +2 after yesterday.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sergio Garcia @ 33/1
    Hoki wrote: »

Welcome to the Ade Weekend/Sunday golf betting implosion mate :pac:

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Pre-tourney I went with
    G-Mac (46),
    Russell Henley (230), Top 10 (15.5)
    B Horschell (60)
    K Stanley (150), Top 10 (16)

G-Mac and Henley had decent enough first rounds.

Just for fun on the exchanges at huge prices who had a good first round I've gone for
    -5 Casey Wittenburg (270)
    -4 David Lingmerth (370) (who came 2nd earlier this year on a Peter Dye course)
    -4 Jason Bohn (610)

If any of them were to shoot a good round today I'd be all excited :)
    So my pre-tourney picks have MC'd apart from Stanley..suppose he has a outside chance of Top10 should he have two good rounds.

Wittenburg and Lingmerth both trading at 120 on Betfair now, they'll most likely blow up today but would be great if one were to shoot -4 or -5 today.
    I reckon a winning score of about -16?l

Still some potentially fantastic value. I know Tiger and Sergio won't come flying back to the field but Kuchar, Zac and Mahan are all around 28's and 33's paying the first 4 places. Maybe worth a punt.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Stenson misses a tiddler, well a 5ft birdie putt straight up the hill for the outright lead >_<

Makes up at the following hole to take the lead.

Johnny86 wrote: »
    So my pre-tourney picks have MC'd apart from Stanley..suppose he has a outside chance of Top10 should he have two good rounds.

Wittenburg and Lingmerth both trading at 120 on Betfair now, they'll most likely blow up today but would be great if one were to shoot -4 or -5 today.
    I reckon a winning score of about -16?l

Right so starting to get excited about these lads and dreaming of the winnings
    Lingmerth is tied for the lead and trades at 17.5 and Wittenburg is one back and trades at 25.
    Am in a position on betfair to cash out for a tidy sum.....but where is the fun in that!!!!!!!
    Stanley had a nice round too so he is in a position to get a top10. Last 2 weeks he has had a disaster or a first round and done great for the next 3 rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Backed palmer yesterday 125/1 each way a cheeky sunday bet

Advertisement