Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Close last week - even looked at Horsey, but he didn't make my final 2

Moving forward:

D+D Czech Masters 2015 David Lipsky - 50/1 & Bradley Dredge - 25/1

The Barclays 2015 - Jim Furyk - 33/1 & Charl Schwartzel - 50/1

Good luck all

Off to Florida, this weekend, so might get the chance to enough the Golf channel and all the adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Only on J Morrison at 18's this week. Good luck all. Haven't had a winner all year so hope that changes!!!

Edit: Did a bit of research and like the look of Dubuisson, so added him at 12's. Both done e/w btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Nobody in Europe, just Kuchar and Snedeker in the US. Best of luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Went a bit nuts after a big win on the footy - 15 doubles between the following (around 10k if one clicks)

Snedeker, Kuchar, Villegas, Koepka & Blixt
    Hahn, kakko & Dubuisson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Snedeker and Fowler for me

Outright and frl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

tomaussie wrote: »
    Rezer - thanks for that link to the Stephen Rawlings previews. Very interesting reading. His research and reasoning seems to be head and shoulders above anything I've found on the web. Is he any good at getting returns ?

I usually have my picks made by Monday evening so it's nice to read what the experts have to say in the following days.

I have recently found - golfstrat, down the 18th and golf aficionado. I've only ever read Rob Bolton up until recently.

Finally, has anybody a link to prices for the outright winner of the Fed Ex Cup ?

I can't find anything.

Not sure about his p&l this year and I believe a lot of the high profile golf 'tipsters' have struggled this year. His previews are excellent though and the only one I am sure to read every week.

Don't think you can bet on the FedEx winner as the points on offer for the last event are crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

That's a pity cause I think Speith will walk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Meant to throw these up yesterday

Koepka 28\1
    Schwartzel 45\1
    Streb 60\1
    Blixt 100\1
    Finau 90\1

Frl Dustin 20\1 JB Holmes 80\1

All ew

Gl all

Happy to have a very small punt on Speith at 66's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Forcing a bet this week. No strong fancies.

Going for Bubba in America at 25/1 and Eddie Pepperell at 18/1 in Europe.

My main bet will be DJ for FRL. I'll also have a bet on Bubba for FRL.

The only bet I want is for Fed Ex Cup, outright winner, but can't find a market.

How did that work out? Is it dead heat rules, so you only got 1/4 of your winnings?

• Advertisement

How did that work out? Is it dead heat rules, so you only got 1/4 of your winnings?

Assume so. I haven't collected yet but that's what I'm expecting. 1/4 my stake at 25/1.

See he dropped two shots late in his round. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Went with an in play on dufner at 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Happy to have a very small punt on Speith at 66's.

I happily did so also, e/w. I don't think I've seen him at those odds or higher at any point this season. His record is good enough for me to forget about one bad day!

It's truly heartbreaking when a player you've followed, on so many occasions, finally comes good when you're swerving him because of his injuries / health. I remember backing him to win the Masters 2 years ago like he couldn't lose.

So this week I'll be backing Jason Day at 6/1. Not a great price and very little value but how can you back against him ?

In Europe I'll be backing Jacques Blaauw at 45/1.

Will look to have a couple of bets on FRL too.

Day 13\2
    Stenson 15\1

Win only

Oosthuizen 50/1
    Finau 70\1 ew

FRL Casey 50/1, Lingmerth 80/1

Gl all.

Feel I overdid it with in the outright market, as I usually do no more then 2 with short prices, but still think Finau will come good soon. Oosthuizen relaxing last week I think will help him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 r3dsalmon

WIN
    Day 13/2

E/W
    Watson 22/1
    Stenson 14/1
    Bohn 125/1

FRL
    Watson 25/1

Expecting in-form players to shine through here and wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of last week's Top 3 (Day/Stenson/Watson) - All three in fine form but Day in a league of his own.

Don't usually do FRL bets but Bubba is looking good and at 25/1 he seems good value for it considering he has the lowest average 1st round this year and the course should suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

McIlroy win only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

What places are Boyle paying out on? Did the bet Friday on Stenson

Gonna skip golf betting till new year now. Had Stenson won I have kept going for few more weeks, but I find once majors are over its bit tougher for me to get right.

Terrible first 6 months in only having 2 Winners in Reed and Speith(Masters) with only few places in there.

But Open week to PGA I had 5 winners with 3-4 placed to make up for it and funnily made profit for year although nothing compared to last year.

Still few Triple places like Berger(losing in Playoff to Harrington) and Grace in Us Open with either winning could have been decent year. First time in while not had Triple price winner.

Will keep eye in here and best luck for next few months. See ye in January sometime.

Both the guys I've been following face up against each other this week.

My main bet will be Pepperell at 33/1 and I'll have a smaller bet on Fitzpatrick at 30/1.

Eddie has form here and Fitzpatrick will be suited by the wind. If neither contend this weekend I'll be backing off them for future events. Can only follow potential for so long.

• Advertisement

Both the guys I've been following face up against each other this week.

My main bet will be Pepperell at 33/1 and I'll have a smaller bet on Fitzpatrick at 30/1.

Eddie has form here and Fitzpatrick will be suited by the wind. If neither contend this weekend I'll be backing off them for future events. Can only follow potential for so long.

I'm along the same lines here. Disappointing that Eddie hasn't delivered more yet but he could well come good this week. Fitzpatrick is a great talent who I think has plenty more to give in the future though.

E/W:
    Pepperell 33/1
    Ramsay 40/1

Might be in-play opportunity here...

Just Richie Ramsey for me this week. Has a great record in the KLM Open and also in some links style golf courses. I would be worried with his final round form as he's faded in the past but he's a solid player and should give a decent run for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Hard to look past Kaymer this week - all the 10/1 is now gone but even at 9/1 he offers each way value. He is by far the class act of the field. Previous winner of the Dutch open although at a different venue but not dissimilar. He is a guy who tends to perform well at same tournaments/courses year on year.

When you consider that last weekend in the US there was 3 players under 10/1 in what you would have to consider a lot more more competitive tournament, although the field was smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Didn't realise no US PGA event this week

Final 2 are Scott Jamieson & Gregory Bourdy

Other 2 but not chosen are E Pepperell & D Horsey

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Decided to have a small bet despite a poor season. Just on Fitzpatrick e/w at 28's. Good luck all.

Looking at the last couple of leaderboards at Conway Farm it's clear to see the top 10 littered with short and tidy players so Zach Johnson at 25/1 is an easy pick considering his current form.

In Europe I feel I'm following Pepperell and Fitzpatrick too often but it's difficult, once you start backing them, to get away from them. Pepperell looks the most likely at the minute so I'm taking the 22/1 available. I'll probably follow them until the end of the season in hope of a victory.

I'll also have a punt on my picks for FRL.

Stuck on the Fitzpatrick/Pepperell wagon myself. Italian Open being played around a tight track so Fitz' might finally get his overdue win. Bookies seem to have taken knee jerk reaction to Broberg MC in Holland. 50 is way too high for his quality. Ben Evans for the a longshot hero call - accurate off tee and 12th/8th past two weeks.

Fitzpatrick @ 25/1
    Broberg @ 50/1
    Evans @ 175/1

BMW picks basically follow the trend. Accuracy with 2nd shots/approach to the greens is key. No man better at it at the moment than Zach Johnson. Odds tumbling, only got him at a lower 22/1. Furyk similar and Jason Bohn, who seems to been near the top of the statistics that matter is too high at 125/1. Summerhays also looks good.

Johnson 22/1
    Furyk 20/1

Bohn & Summerhays (small punt) @ 125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Can someone explain this to me. I've accidentally placed a bet in which I have made 6 selections, 3 from the BMW and 3 from the Italian open all each way doubles.

What needs to happen for this bet to win? Would it be one win from each tournament or two places for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me. I've accidentally placed a bet in which I have made 6 selections, 3 from the BMW and 3 from the Italian open all each way doubles.

What needs to happen for this bet to win? Would it be one win from each tournament or two places for example?

call up the book, ask them to corrrect it should do if your long term customer, its related events but against your favour so really isn't in your interest.

Did it double the bmw picks togehter or is it just 9 doubles?

• Advertisement

I agree that Fitzpatrick and Pepperell are due a win but I am going to overlook them again this week. The fact that this course hasn't been used for a European tour event since 1990 or something deters me a bit from making too many selections. I was keen on Richie Ramsey last week at 30s and he duly missed the cut. I wouldn't lose the faith so quick so I'm going to chance him at 40s this week.

This week's BMW is most definitely a second shot course and while there is no better than Zach J at this, I'm going to take a chance on Matt Kuchar at 33/1. He can be very frustrating to bet on as he is more consistent than deadly when he needs to be, but I think he has motivation this week having not won since the Heritage last April. When Jim shot that incredible 59 at this course, Kooch shot 61 the same week so the ability is there.

Also, I am going to take a bit of a flyer on Kevin Kisner at 50s. He has gone off the boil a small bit since his three playoff losses but I just think this course might suit this fella and I'm happy to have a speculative punt on him too.

Advertisement