Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Only 2 small bets for me, Horschel @ 50/1 and Lynn @ 135/1. Not really confident in either. Going to wait until Saturday and I'll have a couple more bets then.

Hoping for Lynn to get me a place, he will need his putter to be on fire again. Got on Sergio and Tiger too so a win for either and I'll finish with a bit of profit. Should be a great nights golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Backed palmer yesterday 125/1 each way a cheeky sunday bet

i backed him yesterday also.........was 40/1 though,where and when did you get 125/1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

i backed him yesterday also.........was 40/1 though,where and when did you get 125/1?

Paddy power after 8 yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Right so starting to get excited about these lads and dreaming of the winnings
    Lingmerth is tied for the lead and trades at 17.5 and Wittenburg is one back and trades at 25.
    Am in a position on betfair to cash out for a tidy sum.....but where is the fun in that!!!!!!!
    Stanley had a nice round too so he is in a position to get a top10. Last 2 weeks he has had a disaster or a first round and done great for the next 3 rounds.

Using the cash-out on Betfair..Lingmerth (around 8s now) playing well but a nervous putter today it seems. He is one behind Tiger at the mo. Just dont see him getting past Tiger. Tidy profit!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

****ing Sunday implosions :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    ****ing Sunday implosions :(

Pricks cheering when the balls went into the water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

A grudge playoff between Tiger & Sergio would have been great viewing. That 17th is such a great hole, it has cost both Maggert & Garcia any chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Pricks cheering when the balls went into the water

Some American golf fans are absolutely unbearable. The whole who can shout the loudest/funniest "Get in the hole" after every shot is tiresome at this stage. The cheering when Sergio's ball went in the water was fairly pathetic , talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

Hoki wrote: »
    Some American golf fans are absolutely unbearable. The whole who can shout the loudest/funniest "Get in the hole" after every shot is tiresome at this stage. The cheering when Sergio's ball went in the water was fairly pathetic , talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

Well said, they have absolutely no class at all. They show no respect for the golfers or the game and I have to say it was a pleasure to watch Europe knock the **** out of them in the Ryder Cup.

The season so far has made me rethink about rejoining Betfair I'll say that much lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hard to have a go at Sergio for going for the pin.

He was flushing every shot from the 11th.

Himself and Tiger are the 2 form golfers in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

The golf crowds in America seem to be made up of genuine enthusiasts and complete clown college kids. That's a great course though, especially the 17th and the cheering when the balls went in the water I reckon can only get worse,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

fangee wrote: »
    Going to stick with Bo Van Pelt even though I wanted better than 50/1.

My savers will be on Kevin Streelman at 80/1 and Brandt Snedeker who could be savagely overpriced at 40/1 even though his course form is not great in theory he should fit the course very well. If not struggling with recent injuries then he could be great value.

Garcia HAS to be mentioned especially at 30/1. Great course form and had been putting well this year.

Nice one. Didn't really get to see much but happy with 2 performances. Had €300 on Brandt for the US Open last night because I feel he will be in tip top shape for it. Woke up to Streelman finishing 2nd at 80's.

I make that a free bet on Brandt for the next major and with change. Had €30 EW on Streelman. That's a 20/1 winner in my book !!!

Will have another €200 on snedeker today.

Sober up and then start studying for this week. A two day process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Oh sergio what a meltdown cant believe tiger wins on a pete dye course now come the stupid prices on tiger when he plays

jjll wrote: »
    Oh sergio what a meltdown cant believe tiger wins on a pete dye course now come the stupid prices on tiger when he plays

No harm. It only means we get bigger prices on everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

What is Tigers next event? The Memorial? Or is he out before that.

Hard to have a go at Sergio for going for the pin.

He was flushing every shot from the 11th.

Himself and Tiger are the 2 form golfers in the world.

Course management, course management and course management.

It was a stupid shot to go for. If he was aiming at the center of the green/right center of the green and just at that moment in time pushed his tee shot which would a pushed shot typically also ends up a bit short, it could be somewhat excused. That is one thing. He went for all or nothing and came out with nothing. Love Sergio. But that was utter madness. Find the green, have a 15-25ft putt giving yourself a chance of birdie but at the same time not losing the tournament in one go.

18 is a bloody difficult hole as most of us know, but the tee shot suits Sergio's eye with that natural draw of his. All if's and but's I suppose, but you'd have to reckon his head was fried after walking off 17 with a quadruple bogey all the way to his swing on the 18th. Make a par on 17 and who knows.

Nice one. Didn't really get to see much but happy with 2 performances. Had €300 on Brandt for the US Open last night because I feel he will be in tip top shape for it. Woke up to Streelman finishing 2nd at 80's.

I make that a free bet on Brandt for the next major and with change. Had €30 EW on Streelman. That's a 20/1 winner in my book !!!

Surely a typo..

YayaBanana wrote: »
    What is Tigers next event? The Memorial? Or is he out before that.

I imagine it'll be Jack's event and that's it.

Course management, course management and course management.

It was a stupid shot to go for. If he was aiming at the center of the green/right center of the green and just at that moment in time pushed his tee shot which would a pushed shot typically also ends up a bit short, it could be somewhat excused. That is one thing. He went for all or nothing and came out with nothing. Love Sergio. But that was utter madness. Find the green, have a 15-25ft putt giving yourself a chance of birdie but at the same time not losing the tournament in one go.

18 is a bloody difficult hole as most of us know, but the tee shot suits Sergio's eye with that natural draw of his. All if's and but's I suppose, but you'd have to reckon his head was fried after walking off 17 with a quadruple bogey all the way to his swing on the 18th. Make a par on 17 and who knows.

Surely a typo..

No typo at all.

I have followed him for a few years now but went COMPLETELY off him a few years back when he was losing his bottle from winning positions on Sundays. Although it does concern me that he kind of melted in the final round at the Masters when in contention.

He looks like he has belief now and is arguably one of the hottest players in the world. He played and scored well in the Players which was my tipping point as he is not match fit and hasn't got the greatest record there. I also think the Merion course for the US Open will be a perfect fit for him.

I backed him last night at 25/1 because I think if he performs well over the next few weeks we'll see 14/1 or less. I'll have a minimum €500 on him and more if I hit a couple of winners before then.

You don't want to know how much I had on Tiger for the Masters. I was backing him regularly for 8 months before it started. My biggest bet in History yet. I didn't even cry when he hit that B*stard pin that led to his downfall - in my opinion anyway. He would of won it only for that.

No typo at all.

I have followed him for a few years now but went COMPLETELY off him a few years back when he was losing his bottle from winning positions on Sundays. Although it does concern me that he kind of melted in the final round at the Masters when in contention.

He looks like he has belief now and is arguably one of the hottest players in the world. He played and scored well in the Players which was my tipping point as he is not match fit and hasn't got the greatest record there. I also think the Merion course for the US Open will be a perfect fit for him.

I backed him last night at 25/1 because I think if he performs well over the next few weeks we'll see 14/1 or less. I'll have a minimum €500 on him and more if I hit a couple of winners before then.

You don't want to know how much I had on Tiger for the Masters. I was backing him regularly for 8 months before it started. My biggest bet in History yet. I didn't even cry when he hit that B*stard pin that led to his downfall - in my opinion anyway. He would of won it only for that.

A few questions:

Is golf the only thing you bet on?
    Do you bet full time?
    What's your strike rate?

I'll be honest, I find it mind boggling (unless you're some millionaire or something along those lines!) to put that much down on a golf bet.

I'm quite pally with some serious and well known golf tipsters, some of whom people here have copied in their bets pretty much entirely. I can safely say none of them bet anywhere near the amount you do. I doubt anywhere else here does, Tiger aside perhaps. €50 on Tiger being my highest over the past 8 years or so of gambling.

• Advertisement

A few questions:

Is golf the only thing you bet on?
    Do you bet full time?
    What's your strike rate?

I'll be honest, I find it mind boggling (unless you're some millionaire or something along those lines!) to put that much down on a golf bet.

I'm quite pally with some serious and well known golf tipsters, some of whom people here have copied in their bets pretty much entirely. I can safely say none of them bet anywhere near the amount you do. I doubt anywhere else here does, Tiger aside perhaps. €50 on Tiger being my highest over the past 8 years or so of gambling.

I bet on football too but my downfall are horses. My knowledge isn't good enough for horses so I shouldn't really.

I study for 2-3 days before choosing a golf bet and I stick to the PGA Tour. Keep it simple. I don't need to try that hard for football as my knowledge in the premiership is just ingrained because I watch it so much. Sunderland let me down yesterday for a huge return.

My strike rate is decent. Good times and bad times. If I stuck to just football and golf then I would have a very good strike rate. Just writing this makes me realise I should avoid the horses. If I stuck to football only my strike rate would be better than very good.

I'm not a full time punter. I'm effectively retired so lots of free time.

I don't bet that large. If you look at my recent posts you'll see I had €50 EW on Bo van pelt and €30 EW on Kevin Streelman for The Players. Not exactly huge stakes.

I will admit to going in big when I see something that I really really fancy. In the case of Brandt I'm happy to lose €500-€1000 (in the us open) because I really feel he will be in the hunt. I'll be sick if he is in contention on Sunday and blows it again. He will never carry another penny of my money if that happens and it is a possibility. But I just can see him hitting fairway, green, hole. Fingers crossed eh.

I had €150 on him the two times when he finished 2nd twice earlier in the season. I missed out on him the following week when he won because I was travelling. That was a sickener.

Who are the tipsters you know ? Do you know them personally ?

I bet on football too but my downfall are horses. My knowledge isn't good enough for horses so I shouldn't really.

I study for 2-3 days before choosing a golf bet and I stick to the PGA Tour. Keep it simple. I don't need to try that hard for football as my knowledge in the premiership is just ingrained because I watch it so much. Sunderland let me down yesterday for a huge return.

My strike rate is decent. Good times and bad times. If I stuck to just football and golf then I would have a very good strike rate. Just writing this makes me realise I should avoid the horses. If I stuck to football only my strike rate would be better than very good.

I'm not a full time punter. I'm effectively retired so lots of free time.

I don't bet that large. If you look at my recent posts you'll see I had €50 EW on Bo van pelt and €30 EW on Kevin Streelman for The Players. Not exactly huge stakes.

I will admit to going in big when I see something that I really really fancy. In the case of Brandt I'm happy to lose €500-€1000 (in the us open) because I really feel he will be in the hunt. I'll be sick if he is in contention on Sunday and blows it again. He will never carry another penny of my money if that happens and it is a possibility. But I just can see him hitting fairway, green, hole. Fingers crossed eh.

I had €150 on him the two times when he finished 2nd twice earlier in the season. I missed out on him the following week when he won because I was travelling. That was a sickener.

Who are the tipsters you know ? Do you know them personally ?

Fair enough, still think anything over €50 for anyone other than Tiger isn't really worth it in the main

Love my golf betting, but it's a side thing somewhat and as a result, my stakes reflect it. Average would be a €5-20 depending on a number of factors such as the tour (my bets on European golf are fairly 'meh' so I stick with the PGA Tour), the actual event, number of bets, etc. Basketball betting is my bread and butter.

Speak to Steve Bamford every now and again as well as Sam from golfpuntersguide.

Are you Monty Brewster?

HP BYRON NELSON

The three for me at this early stage are -

RYAN PALMER at 28/1 with several firms.

D A POINTS at 45/1 with stan james.

BRIAN GAY at 90/1 with boylesports and stan james.

Marc Leishman is catching my eye too but I'm not overly enamoured with 25/1.

Not sure who'll be my main bet yet.

Not a whole pile of quality in the field this week or at least not the usual depth of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

HP BYRON NELSON

The three for me at this early stage are -

RYAN PALMER at 28/1 with several firms.

D A POINTS at 45/1 with stan james.

BRIAN GAY at 90/1 with boylesports and stan james.

Marc Leishman is catching my eye too but I'm not overly enamoured with 25/1.

Not sure who'll be my main bet yet.

Not a whole pile of quality in the field this week or at least not the usual depth of quality.

Do you travel round each of these bookies to put the bets on? Just I am sure I remember you saying a few weeks back the only account you held is a BarOne account and they wouldn't take €100 bets off you anymore?

remember to log off in future!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Would anyone have an idea of how I would get a hold of Rory McIllroys balls..would love to play with them. He cant be that HARD given that he is up the road in the North! Have to say feeling very cheeky today LOL

^
    this scared me slightly......very strange indeed.

I can see why some are putting Ryan Palmer up this week but after backing him in running last weekend i can't have him that short,his putting can be really bad.
    Early thoughts........
    I expect Piercy to start well as he often does only to fade away so might do him e/w first rd leader, when the tee times come out i'll have a look.
    Piercy's out in the 4th group so it's time to get involved.

Also like Perez,John Huh and Speith(local lad and only for a meltdown 77 last rd would have been close last year)

Matchplay:
    There 's a hole this week that's 697 yards long,madness,hope it's a bit down hill,Colsaerts still probs have a go in 2.
    Anyway there's a good few tricky drives on this course so i'm going with fran Molinari(just hope he brings his putting boots with him)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Would anyone have an idea of how I would get a hold of Rory McIllroys balls..would love to play with them. He cant be that HARD given that he is up the road in the North! Have to say feeling very cheeky today LOL

Go up and look around the field's surrounding his garden sure....You might get shot in the face looking for them though.

• Advertisement

ha left my account open in work the bastards, it wasnt a bad effort in fairness to them

Advertisement