Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    head says to oppose tiger

first round score 76 or higher taken on the exchange at 3.65
    took 72 or worse on pp also 11/10

that went well :rolleyes:

on second thoughts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

SBS Tournament of Champions on in Hawaii this weekend. Pretty weak field and I'd be surprised if one of the top-3 in the betting (Speith, Matsuyama, DJ) didn't win. All short prices, of course (5/1-6/1) but PP offering 5/2 that either Speith or Johnson wins and I have happily taken that price. Bound to get a good run for our money and hopefully one of them (at least!) goes on to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Couple of small bets for me this week
    Bubba @22/1
    Walker @28/1

On a side note anyone here play draftkings? Is it worth a go?

Edit: took 18/1 On Bubba as had a €20 free bet on one of my accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

16--1--2,Patrick Reid's finish for the last3 years.Reid is an early starter so I put €20 ew at 12s a quarter 4 places Lads.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Walker and finau e/w

• Advertisement

Nice start from Walker

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Nice start from Walker

An even better finish to leave him only one behind and funnily enough he missed a few good chances as well which only goes to show that he really likes the course.
    It would be a good start to the golfing year if he could get me off to a €300 profit,but of course there is a long way to go as we all are aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

byronbay2 wrote: »
    SBS Tournament of Champions on in Hawaii this weekend. Pretty weak field and I'd be surprised if one of the top-3 in the betting (Speith, Matsuyama, DJ) didn't win. All short prices, of course (5/1-6/1) but PP offering 5/2 that either Speith or Johnson wins and I have happily taken that price. Bound to get a good run for our money and hopefully one of them (at least!) goes on to win.

Great finish (65) by Speith to end tied-third and solid by Dustin to finish T6. Neither really looked like getting involved in the business end and Thomas/Matsuyama had it between them before the final round. Good play by Thomas to win by 3 - only player to shoot 4 rounds in the 60s - he is a player to follow this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Sony open..Charles Howell 3 wont be far away. He doesnt win often but 50/1 e/w iexpect him to go close.

Put a tenner ew Jimmy Walker 28/1 to be 1st round leader in the Sony and a tenner ew Christian Bezuidenhout 40s 72 hole winner,has course form and I believe he can make an impact in the African Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Back after last week with Jimmy Walker

Able to start on the each way doubles this year and gone for:

South African Open - Sullivan, Andy - 14/1 & Van Zyl, Jaco - 40/1

Sony Open in Hawaii - Woodland, Gary - 35/1 & Walker, Jimmy - 22/1

Good luck everyone

Snedeker
    Stuard
    Fathauer

Jean Hugo in South Africa

Just backed Knox in running at 25/1..hopefully Thomas blows up and I think Knox's solid game willbe more suited to this track over 4 days. Only missed 1 green today.

Put a tenner ew Jimmy Walker 28/1 to be 1st round leader in the Sony and a tenner ew Christian Bezuidenhout 40s 72 hole winner,has course form and I believe he can make an impact in the African Open.

FIRST 20 gone Walker playing crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There's occasionally potential value in seeking out a fast riser during live rounds e.g. Sabbatini was 150/1 not too long ago, now -7 14th and 29/1 or thereabouts.

Screen_Shot_2017_01_13_at_01_33_02.png

Just noticed also got Kodair at 251/1 in the random accumulators as was -4 on the 7th earlier, now on -5 at the 9th.

Snedeker
    Stuard
    Fathauer

Jean Hugo in South Africa

That was a disaster!

Gona have a small bet on Woodland without JT @6/1

Abu Dhabi

Larrazabal @125/1
    Fisher Jr @300/1

Pga

Lovemark @33/1
    Lingmerth @66/1

E/W singles and doubles

Abu Dhabi Fisher Jr @300/1

Took a bit of that Fisher @300, along with Rock @300, (7pl 1/5 pp).

Both 200/1 or less this morning, but even last night they were averaging 150/1 for just 5pl, all be it at 1/4 place terms.

Also on the e/w Accum has to be Konta@19 (now 17), and possibly ND @2.5 (using yellow balls).

Luiten and John Rahm...singles and coupled.
    Also did John Curran e/w @250/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

liking noren at 16/1 ew in the market (1-5) without fowler,stens and dj (Betv)
    hes only 22s or as is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

After a couple of years of poor form after moving to America, Gonzalo Fdez Castano is showing some form again.

One to keep in mind for T20s over next few weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Back again with Each way double - fell away on day 4 from an each way double last week

This week's selections are:

Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship 2017 - Thomas Pieters 20/1 & Joost Luiten 35/1

Career Builder Challenge 2017 - Haas, Bill 20/1 & Kevin Na 50/1

Good luck everyone

Few small frl bets
    Larry able
    Fisher Jr
    Canizares
    Hend

Hit the bar last week with Charles Howell 3...this week its John Rahm and Joost Luiten in e/w singles and doubled up also...did John Curran also @ 250/1

Abu Dhabi

Larrazabal @125/1
    Fisher Jr @300/1

Pga

Lovemark @33/1
    Lingmerth @66/1

E/W singles and doubles

Larrazabal still in touch going into the final round so happy enough to still have an interest

Took a bit of that Fisher @300, along with Rock @300, (7pl 1/5 pp).

Also on the e/w Accum has to be Konta@19 (now 17), and possibly ND @2.5 (using yellow balls).

Both just missed the cut, considering the pre-event-prices can't really complain.

Think the practice of spotting fast climbers during live is the way forward, managed to get current J-T1 3rd R'leader @126 earlier.

Screen_Shot_2017_01_21_at_22_00_56.png

There is still hope in the triple e/w, the other lad @15 can still win over in the EuroTour but will need to polish up the act a bit. Have every faith in Konta to at least place, then again had same feeling with Novak....

Looks like the '20,790 / 1' chance has gone, after CABRERA failed to deliver.
    Still can't complain, turning peanuts into diamonds can happen, but not every time,
    water off a ducks back.

Will build a new (low-stake & high yield) e/w accum, perhaps with Bud@11, over in La Quinta (69, 67, 65, _).
    Good to see Konta@6.5 steaming ahead, the APT on the other-hand has been topsy turvy for the top seeds.

Nice e/w returns from Larrazabal to kick-start the year.

Lingmerth threw away the chances of the e/w double yesterday with a poor round on the easiest of the 3 courses

The most disappointing thing is Fleetwood winning when I wasn't on. I had him earmarked for the coming weeks

• Advertisement

Farmers insurance
    Emiliano Grillo @66/1
    Martin Laird @66/1
    Jonas Blixt @300/1 (350 available in places)

Qatar Masters
    David Lingmerth @70/1
    Maximilian Kieffer @110

E/w singles and small e/w doubles

Advertisement