Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Any thoughts on sean o hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

cruais wrote: »
    Any thoughts on sean o hair

Can do well enough in early rounds, before the cream rises to the top. For outright, Boyles has the BP @401 but is only 1/5 6pl. Alternatively 5pl @250 (W/O the top trio of DJ-Spieth-Rory).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Can do well enough in early rounds, before the cream rises to the top. For outright, Boyles has the BP @401 but is only 1/5 6pl. Alternatively 5pl @250 (W/O the top trio of DJ-Spieth-Rory).

I just did a small ew on pp. They are paying 8 places and he is at 300

A favourite market of mine is 1st Round Leader. There is a slight tactical advantage to be had in that PP are the only ones offering 7pl in this. Everyone else 5pl apart from SJ(6).

Plenty to choose from e.g. Berger, Henley and even Soren who last year opened with 69.
    Casey, KK, Grace, Fisher, Steele, Vegas, Moore, Molinari are all overpriced in this 1stRL via Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

A favourite market of mine is 1st Round Leader. There is a slight tactical advantage to be had in that PP are the only ones offering 7pl in this. Everyone else 5pl apart from SJ(6).

Plenty to choose from e.g. Berger, Henley and even Soren who last year opened with 69.
    Casey, KK, Grace, Fisher, Steele, Vegas, Moore, Molinari are all overpriced in this 1stRL via Powers.

So they got the price wrong on all these players? What price should they be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Hulk Hands wrote: »

arguement to back earlier starters for FRL?

manafana wrote: »
    arguement to back earlier starters for FRL?

Absolutely yeah

Well... for a start they were the only ones offering 7places for 1st R leader, everyone yesterday offering 5places, with exception of SJ(6). And all those listed were the best prices on an average of +20-25%.

Effectively you're getting an extra two places, but for more or less the same place price, or obviously, a better win price if such is the case.

What's not to like?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

matsuyama @18s
    lowry @ 100s
    swafford @ 200s

and langer round 1 leader @ 250s

Well... for a start they were the only ones offering 7places for 1st R leader, everyone yesterday offering 5places, with exception of SJ(6). And all those listed were the best prices on an average of +20-25%.

Effectively you're getting an extra two places, but for more or less the same place price, or obviously, a better win price if such is the case.

What's not to like?

You can't just categorically state that they are overpriced on a large number of golfers. What is your reasoning for why they should all be shorter? Just because they were top price doesn't mean they were overpriced. The entire industry is betting to about 150% so if you're backing 10 golfers with 1 company you're almost certainly negative expected margin, even with the extra places. By the way, 7 places 1/5th is worse than 6 places 1/4 normally. You're basically getting 1 place more than standard, not 2.

• Advertisement

You can't just categorically state that they are overpriced on a large number of golfers. What is your reasoning for why they should all be shorter? Just because they were top price doesn't mean they were overpriced. The entire industry is betting to about 150% so if you're backing 10 golfers with 1 company you're almost certainly negative expected margin, even with the extra places. By the way, 7 places 1/5th is worse than 6 places 1/4 normally. You're basically getting 1 place more than standard, not 2.

There was only 'one' other book offering the decent 6pl 1/4. Otherwise it's 5pl. And their (SJ) prices were very unattractive (yesterday). Obviously I'm not suggesting you back every single one of the better prices (you can decide on particular selections for yourself). But there is a slight advantage in optimum prices and optimum places for 1RL market. Your welcome.

1_RL-7-_BP-_TUESDAY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Just in my local Paddy Power there and you can register an account on an email address and bet €20 on the golf and get 3 more €20 free bets on the golf. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Rose e/w @ 25/1 8 places
    McIlroy win @8/1
    Snedeker e/w @50/1 8 places
    Leishman e/w @60/1 8 places
    Curtis Luck e/w @500/1 8 places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Win McElroy
    E/w bets and frl
    Haas
    Koepka
    Kucher
    Berger
    Piercy
    Just frl Summerhays

Also stuck a bet on a playoff @3/1 with boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Sky reporting DJ might not play,fell down stairs

There was only 'one' other book offering the decent 6pl 1/4. Otherwise it's 5pl. And their (SJ) prices were very unattractive (yesterday). Obviously I'm not suggesting you back every single one of the better prices (you can decide on particular selections for yourself). But there is a slight advantage in optimum prices and optimum places for 1RL market. Your welcome.

Thanks for "your welcome". You might spell it right next time.

The above is just a continuation of the gibberish you spout in every thread on the gambling forum. Can you give a golfing argument as to why a single one of your 10 first round leader selections is overpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fowler win only 20/1

Thomas 35/1
    Bubba 50/1
    Oosthuizen 50/1
    Cabrera 200/1

Frl charley hoffman 70/1 Kjeldsen 100/1

All ew

Did special bet on Hole in one at 16th at 5/2 enhanced today.

Gl all

... Can you give a golfing argument as to why a single one of your 10 first round leader selections is overpriced?

Try using a calculator?

Must of missed your selections for either the 1RL, or any potential great value winners. But yes indeed, am very much looking forward to your 'words of wisdom' etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed 3 players,10 ew Leishman 66/1 6 places,5 ew Fitzpatrick 60/1 and 5 ew Casey 40/1,both 8 places with pp.

Will probably have a few more bets after each round if I see something of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Backed DJ win only yesterday @ 11/2
    Now looks like he'll pull out

Matsuyama Ew @ 18/1

Might have a small bet on first round leader also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Sky bet, 8 places, 1/4 odds

Kevin Na 200s
    Lowry 125s
    Fiztpatrick 60s
    Kjeldsen 175s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fitzpatrick FRL

Hideki and Kisner all ew

For win-only, think Spieth @8.5 (price avail today) can do it.
    For win-only (in the 1RL) Rory @17 is reasonable. Plenty of other good e/w prices available and with 7pl.

In other markets, have a few wildcards arrays (e/w) in various sky/pp (8-place) accumulators most now at 'minimum of 1000/1' if they complete e.g. here

Finally, for the token novelty hole-in-one market (make no mistake, this is 95% luck) went with BW, why not.
    holes_BW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I've added one more bet for something a bit different. Adam Scott to miss the cut 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was on spieth last year win and first round leader so am willing for forgive and forget his collapse

win at 7/1
    first round leader at 10/1 (freebet so took lesser odds)
    stenson 33s ew
    noren 125s ew

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Will powers refund dustin johnson bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Yes
    Thanks. Will i have to wait until tourney is over as i have a few bets on the one bet slip?

Try using a calculator?

Must of missed your selections for either the 1RL, or any potential great value winners. But yes indeed, am very much looking forward to your 'words of wisdom' etc...

Me using a calculator? You had 10 (or 12 by last count) bets into a 150% book and you think i need to brush up on the maths side of things?

Wouldnt pick on someone normally but you going into every gambling thread pretending to be an expert while spouting rubbish gets tiring. Surprised you havent been over on the racing forum again this year telling us to pm you for the winner of the national based on some lucky dip you did. You still havent given a golfing reason for a single selection. That Bubba bet is probably the worst value bet you possibly couldve picked out btw. True price is about 6 times that

Absolute LOL at the pathetic aftertiming in the link also

• Advertisement

Me using a calculator? You had 10 (or 12 by last count) bets into a 150% book and you think i need to brush up on the maths side of things?

Wouldnt pick on someone normally but you going into every gambling thread pretending to be an expert while spouting rubbish gets tiring. Surprised you havent been over on the racing forum again this year telling us to pm you for the winner of the national based on some lucky dip you did. You still havent given a golfing reason for a single selection. That Bubba bet is probably the worst value bet you possibly couldve picked out btw. True price is about 6 times that Absolute LOL at the pathetic aftertiming in the link also

Sure, after-timing such as the (Hoff 150/1) is generally frowned upon, but it's something else to offer nothing only your whining drivel.

I did not do x10 1RL, mentioned 12 to highlight prices, but didn't back all of them all. Did you have any luck in the recent Shell? Did you also get Henley@34 or above? Of course you did...

Wouldn't normally pick on someone, but you haven't mentioned a single golfer pre-tournament, why is that??? Nothing to contribute, one suspects?

Perhaps you should return to your very dull gaa-galway bog-sport comments forum, and get a new working keyboard too.

Advertisement