Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Small bets on Leishman and Grace outright, Poulter top Euro and Haas top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,293 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chapman tips were

Garcia, Rahm, Scott, Casey, Harrington and Fleetwood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Casey, Harrington and Mickelson done here,

also any streams please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My darts for the open

Casey @40/1
    Lieshman @45/1
    Grace @66/1
    Molinari @90/1
    Knox @200/1

Also a small bet on Dustin Johnson for frl

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Fleetwood FRL ew at 7 places. Poulter ew for the tournament. Ive a hunch it will be an english or irish winner this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Harry Ellis FRL ew @175s

Z Jonhson @80s ew

Jaidee @ 300s ew

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

main bet on rory to miss the cut at 11/4

fleetwood ew at 25s

spieth frl 33s ew

smaller bets on noren and justin thomas 50s+70s

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

mailburner wrote: »
    https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/open-championship/to-miss-the-cut

rory to miss the cut at 11/4 surely worth a bet the way he's been playing

Go and collect

Go and collect

Lmao ðŸ˜႒

Not just yet by the look of things

• Advertisement

spieth frl 33s ew

I got half my stake at full odds with sj on this instead of a third so that just about covers the rory bet should he make the cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seems Rory@23 is back as PP's favourite bet (according to their homepage anyway) with Kuchar@11 also featuring, in the 'Top 5' listings.

wonder what price rory hit to win this?

the miss the cut market was very good to the bookies this time, you have to go to mickelson as the biggest priced golfer to miss the cut who was 14th on the betting list at 5/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

wonder what price rory hit to win this?

the miss the cut market was very good to the bookies this time, you have to go to mickelson as the biggest priced golfer to miss the cut who was 14th on the betting list at 5/2

@126 Bfred, @206 BFE for short periods on 20th July.
    Currently 2nd fav @7avg.

The weather isn't so bad today, tomorrow much better and thus the cream will rise to the top so would expect a crowded finish, that 10places may come in useful.

Plenty of big names finding their feet Fleetwood/Day/Dufner/Grace possibly also Southgate/Holmes all shortening during live 13:00hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    Getting back into it now after a few weeks of new courses and non events or single events

Gone for:

Bubba Watson & Brendan Steele - Travelers Champ

Joost Luiten & B Weinsberger - Germany

Looked a few in USA this week

Think Speith is blowing hot & cold, think he will do a good round but then not follow it through for the whole tournament

Maybe his mind isn't 100% on it, but its getting a strategy to either lay or back at the right time, or maybe its the Open for him

Looks like he was focusing on the Open :D

Interesting stat from Sporting Life today:

1216: Someone just asked for the latest on the so-called Major's Cup, an award (well, accolade...) which goes to the player with the lowest combined score across the four majors.

Said player has to make the cut in all four and here's how I see the leaderboard:

-22 Koepka
    -18 Kuchar, Matsuyama
    -12 Fowler
    -11 Spieth
    -6 Hoffman
    -3 Stricker

Getting in early for the USPGA, I can see the top 6 here fighting it out, with Rory's course form at Quail Hollow, which simply cannot be ignored

Yet again a new course is used on one of the events, so no course form! - rant over and gone for:

Porsche European Open 2017 - Jordan Smith 33/1& Bradley Dredge 40/1

RBC Canadian Open 2017 - Gary Woodland 50/1 & Bubba Watson 30/1

Each way doubles as always

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Just backed Hoffman and levy this week in ew double

jokser250 wrote: »

You hit the cross bar there - backing two losers in playoffs is pretty unbelievable

abarkie wrote: »
    Yet again a new course is used on one of the events, so no course form! - rant over and gone for:

Porsche European Open 2017 - Jordan Smith 33/1& Bradley Dredge 40/1

RBC Canadian Open 2017 - Gary Woodland 50/1 & Bubba Watson 30/1

Each way doubles as always

Winner & 4th - Woodland never challenged on last round - Shame really - was getting my hopes up after lucky victory when Levy missed that 3 footer and was done at 1.01

• Advertisement

jokser250 wrote: »

Wow, very close to a big payday.
    Suppose if one had won, would have been even more annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Wow, very close to a big payday.
    Suppose if one had won, would have been even more annoying!

Id have been cheering on Vegas for sure if I had that betting slip. Unlucky all the same you dont get a lot closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Id have been cheering on Vegas for sure if I had that betting slip. Unlucky all the same you dont get a lot closer than that.

I was cheering him on , couldn't believe levy missed the putt to win on first playoff hole , seeing Hoffman getting beat softened the blow , got full place double of €108 , has a €3 ew double done , would have been a lot nicer if they won but will try again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

Any thoughts on the bridgestone invitational this weekend?

Any thoughts on the bridgestone invitational this weekend?

Rose for me, nearly got over the line for me in the Masters.
    Think he can go well here.
    PP 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

Spieth is on form and hard to look passed at 8/1. Matsuyama is a shoe in for top Asian at 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Anyone got any thoughts on the USPGA?

Very strong field but have had my biggest golf bet of the year on McIlroy e/w with Coral @ 7/1. He is 15/2 with Ladbrokes but they only offer 6 places while Coral are 1/5 odds 10 places. I would be very surprised if McIlroy finishes outside the Top 10 (in his last 50 PGA starts he has an almost 60% Top 10 record) and has a great chance of winning! He loves the course, is in good form and has won this tournament twice already. Course will be playing very long (rain expected) and he will just need an ordinary putting week to be in contention imo.

My other opinion is that an outsider will not win this week, it will be one of the top 10 in the betting. My second choice after McIlroy would definitely be Matsuyama and he is also a great e/w bet @12/1.

Of the others, Speith has a good chance and Dustin Johnson could bounce back (as well as Jason Day) but I am keeping it simple with a large e/w on McIlroy.

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on the USPGA?

Very strong field but have had my biggest golf bet of the year on McIlroy e/w with Coral @ 7/1. He is 15/2 with Ladbrokes but they only offer 6 places while Coral are 1/5 odds 10 places. I would be very surprised if McIlroy finishes outside the Top 10 (in his last 50 PGA starts he has an almost 60% Top 10 record) and has a great chance of winning! He loves the course, is in good form and has won this tournament twice already. Course will be playing very long (rain expected) and he will just need an ordinary putting week to be in contention imo.

My other opinion is that an outsider will not win this week, it will be one of the top 10 in the betting. My second choice after McIlroy would definitely be Matsuyama and he is also a great e/w bet @12/1.

Of the others, Speith has a good chance and Dustin Johnson could bounce back (as well as Jason Day) but I am keeping it simple with a large e/w on McIlroy.

I agree it will be one of the Top ten in betting, too much quality and form amongst them not to win.

Fowler for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I copied abarkies post on 27/07 and backed

Hoffman 125/1
    stricker 150/1
    fowler 20/1
    kuchar 40/1
    Matsuyama 18/1
    koepka 28/1

all £5 e/w

• Advertisement