Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Bradley seems to be soiling his knickers. 3 shots down already. Although Bae has been playing well...holed a 22 footer and a 27 footer so far. Looks very composed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

i agree he has improved but he still has that big high fade that appears at times when the pressure's on.

the high fade and that left to right wind is playing havoc with Brads.....delighted to see it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

jokser250 wrote: »
    Did a patent this week on g - mac Louis ousthausin and Peter uilhen in the tournaments this week and a small re treble to

Did a €2 patent should get €478 back ousthausin withdrew but he was well out of contention delighted with the win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

scott peircy could be the one to win this but for some reason i am struggling to pull the trigger and back him

redzerdrog wrote: »
    scott peircy could be the one to win this but for some reason i am struggling to pull the trigger and back him

I knew there was a reason i couldnt pull the trigger:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I hope Bae can hold on. Very nice player. Just noticed, bar Piercy I have back 4 of the top 5 already this season but of course I didn't back any of them this week.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I hope Bae can hold on. Very nice player. Just noticed, bar Piercy I have back 4 of the top 5 already this season but of course I didn't back any of them this week.

Bae is a player I like a lot and I backed him a lot last year, if Charl (i backed him earlier) doesnt win id like to see Bae win it he is a likable player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Well done Sang-Moon.

Pity you didn't win the 15-20 times I backed you at odds of 100/1 and higher but hey ho.

Some very disappointing performances from guys who did get in the mix but fell away.

Would be very surprised if anybody who got burnt by Bradley will go to the well again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sb78

Hi all,
    Yesterday, I placed an in-running online bet on S-M Bae to win.
    At the time he was leading by 4 shots, early in the final round.
    The bookie in question is not a mainstream one, though they do have a good presence in the UK.

The price offered by the bookie was 7/2.
    I put €170 on him to win, so in theory I would have won nearly 600 Euro.
    Looking back, I assume the 7/2 was a typo and it should have been 2/7.

Last night after the tournament was over I got an email from said bookmaker saying the price quoted was a palpable error, and that my bet was void.

What can I do here, or do I have any rights?

I have read online that mainstream bookies may offer you something for fear of loss of reputation, but I'm not sure about this one

Many thanks in advance.

sb78 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Yesterday, I placed an in-running online bet on S-M Bae to win.
    At the time he was leading by 4 shots, early in the final round.
    The bookie in question is not a mainstream one, though they do have a good presence in the UK.

The price offered by the bookie was 7/2.
    I put €170 on him to win, so in theory I would have won nearly 600 Euro.
    Looking back, I assume the 7/2 was a typo and it should have been 2/7.

Last night after the tournament was over I got an email from said bookmaker saying the price quoted was a palpable error, and that my bet was void.

What can I do here, or do I have any rights?

I have read online that mainstream bookies may offer you something for fear of loss of reputation, but I'm not sure about this one

Many thanks in advance.

You would think the very very least that they would do is settle it at 2/7 AND include a free bet as an apology.

You might be better moving this post so more frequent punters will see it and give you more accurate advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sb78

fangee wrote: »
    You would think the very very least that they would do is settle it at 2/7 AND include a free bet as an apology.

You might be better moving this post so more frequent punters will see it and give you more accurate advice.

thanks a lot for your response, I'll also post this in the main forum

Let there be no doubts after this performance, Keegan Bradley now joins a long list of chokers on the PGA tour. It's all well and good coming from behind when you know you are the underdog, but given the favourite's tag and Bradley absolutely fell to pieces at the weekend. He was more fidgety than Ive ever seen him and his putting was incredibly nervous throughout. I agree with the poster above who says that there will be many who will rightfully ditch him after that performance.

Come back again in a few years when he grows a bit mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

lol Bradley has won 3 times in two season on the USPGA tour including a major and people here are calling him a choker, seriously you couldnt make this **** up!

Let there be no doubts after this performance, Keegan Bradley now joins a long list of chokers on the PGA tour. It's all well and good coming from behind when you know you are the underdog, but given the favourite's tag and Bradley absolutely fell to pieces at the weekend. He was more fidgety than Ive ever seen him and his putting was incredibly nervous throughout. I agree with the poster above who says that there will be many who will rightfully ditch him after that performance.

Come back again in a few years when he grows a bit mentally.

to call him a 'choker' is just plain stupid.
    Fact is Bradley has some swing flaws and in wind his flaws become more evident and that puts extra pressure on him.
    Imo if there was little or no wind he would have won the comp easy.
    I for 1 have never backed him and never will he is not a choker based on 1 comp.

CROWNE PLAZA INVITATIONAL

Early thoughts ?

Zach Johnson has some record here so I doubt the 18/1 currently available on Betfair will last long even though he hasn't been doing too well this season so far.

Tim Clark also comes here with chances and has had a decent season so far. He is currently available at 42/1 on Betfair.

Both these guys could be worth backing today with the intention on laying off before or even mid competition for profit as I think both will be shorter before it starts.

I was looking for Stricker but he doesn't seem to be taking part.

Short, tidy, accurate players will be all the rage this week so Bo Van Pelt at 30/1 and Ben Crane at 46/1 are likely to start much shorter.

Schwartzel will be justifiably favourite.

lol Bradley has won 3 times in two season on the USPGA tour including a major and people here are calling him a choker, seriously you couldnt make this **** up!

This is from someone who had no financial investment in the event. Take the par 5 when he was inside Bae, maybe about 4 foot from the hole. Bae holed, Bradley shat himself.

It amazes me how many PGA players don't try and get some kind of assistance with the mental side of their game. Blame the wind all you want but it was blowing on Thursday too...didn't stop him shooting a 60. When the pressure was on, he wilted. Laugh all you want, and consider me stupid all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

This is from someone who had no financial investment in the event. Take the par 5 when he was inside Bae, maybe about 4 foot from the hole. Bae holed, Bradley shat himself.

It amazes me how many PGA players don't try and get some kind of assistance with the mental side of their game. Blame the wind all you want but it was blowing on Thursday too...didn't stop him shooting a 60. When the pressure was on, he wilted. Laugh all you want, and consider me stupid all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

On Thursday morning when he shot his 60 it was actually very calm hence why everyone out that morning shot low scores. He did play poorly yesterday but when he clawed back that 4 shot lead of Bae's i thought he would go on to win , doesn't always work like that though.

Of the four that I mentioned above I've gone for -

TIM CLARK

and

BO VAN PELT

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Crowne Plaza Invitational:

1) Henrik Stenson @ 35/1
    2) Charlie Hoffman @ 33/1

BMW PGA Championship:

1) Graeme McDowell @ 20/1
    2) Ernie Els @ 50/1

Edit in due course as I might add another bet or two. *

my selections are in my log for anyone that wants to have a look

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84729047#post84729047

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭applehunter

Crowne Plaza

Henrik Stenson is playing as well as he ever has. 33/1 is a tasty price.

Charl Schwartzel : My only concern is his lack of experience around the course. Driving looks in good shape after a couple of dodgy weeks and he will create loads of birdie chances. 14/1

BMW Wentworth

Lee Westwood : Looks the most in form of the Top 4 in the betting and plays well round here. 12/1

Paul Lawrie : Decent price on someone with his course form. 70/1

Crowne Plaza

Charl Schwartzel : My only concern is his lack of experience around the course. Driving looks in good shape after a couple of dodgy weeks and he will create loads of birdie chances. 14/1

BMW Wentworth

Lee Westwood : Looks the most in form of the Top 4 in the betting and plays well round here. 12/1

Paul Lawrie : Decent price on someone with his course form. 70/1

Agree with you here. Great price. Think I'll HAVE to dabble at that price.

Anybody know who the racing post have tipped up ?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Crowne Plaza Invitational:

1) Henrik Stenson @ 35/1
    Crowne Plaza

Stenson is someone i seriously considered aswell but left him out of my original bets instead selected him for a tipping competition.

All this is tempting me to have a few quid on him aswell though.

His GIR and Driving Accuracy stats are very good this year so should suit this course.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Stenson is someone i seriously considered aswell but left him out of my original bets instead selected him for a tipping competition.

All this is tempting me to have a few quid on him aswell though.

His GIR and Driving Accuracy stats are very good this year so should suit this course.

If not this week, get on him for the US Open at Merion. Way he's playing, can see him going strong in that too. Best priced 80/1 with 365 atm ;) Got him @ 90/1 last week myself.

Euro
    Lynn @66/1
    Olesen @55/1
    F.Molinari @45/1

US
    Brian Stuard Top ten @22/1 and e/w 250/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Crowne Plaza Invitational

Charl Schwartzel @ 14/1. He played solidly last week, gave himself lots of birdie chances but he just did not putt well. A better week with the putter this week and he will have a great chance.

BMW PGA Championship

Sergio Garcia @ 16/1. I hope this talk from last night won't distract him. He played brilliantly for 70 holes at The Players Championship so I hope his good year continues.

Have also done an e/w double on the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

BMW

B Grace
    R Sterne
    P Lawrie
    T Jaidee

Crowne Plaza

B Crane
    C Hoffman
    J Huh
    H Stenson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I've gone for Garcia and Grace in the BMW,Huh and Crane in the Crowne Plaza.

Garcia's gone out slightly now as well,Due to his Tiger comment's maybe?

• Advertisement

cant be having David Lynn here this week, he has been home in England for the past two weeks and judging by his twitter he had been drunk pretty much since getting home until this week. He has a poor record here and when asked on twitter about his chances this week he said they werent great. 66/1 is poor value for him here imo

Advertisement