Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Matty Fitzpatrick to start the season with @35s

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Thomas pieters 33
    Chris Kirk 66
    Ew double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Back with another e/w double this week :

Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship - Thomas Pieters 35/1 & Byeong Hun An 55/1

CareerBuilder Challenge - Brendan Steele 28/1 & Bud Cauley 35/1

Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Mish-mash of mixed event (four from six, e/w). Very small stakes, but with high array frequency yields.
    e.g. Horse for Sat, Ronnie in the red balls, Sharap*, Fed/Z in yellow balls, these sprinkled in for the white balls:

CB: Rahm @10
    CB: Vegas @56 (pp7pl)
    CB: Kirk @56 (pp)
    CB: Gooch @201 (sky7pl)

AD: Casey @21 (was 23, pp)
    AD: DJ @6 (pp7pl)
    AD: BHA @67 (not 56, sky6pl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Mish-mash of mixed event (four from six, e/w). Very small stakes, but with high array frequency yields.
    e.g. Horse for Sat, Ronnie in the red balls, Sharap*, Fed/Z in yellow balls, these sprinkled in for the white balls:

AD: Casey @21 (was 23, pp)
    AD: DJ @6 (pp7pl)
    AD: BHA @67 (not 56, sky6pl)

https://www.learnenglish.de/basicspage.html

https://plainlanguage.gov/guidelines/words/avoid-jargon/

You're welcome :D

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    You're welcome :D

Meh!

meh (mɛ/) informal exclamation exclamation: meh
    1. expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm."meh, I'm not impressed so far"

You're welcome!
    Must have missed you're golf tips contribution, don't see any?
    And if you've nothing useful to say, keep lurking... :pac:

Meh!

meh (mɛ/) informal exclamation exclamation: meh
    1. expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm."meh, I'm not impressed so far"

You're welcome!
    Must have missed you're golf tips contribution, don't see any?
    And if you've nothing useful to say, keep lurking... :pac:

''A tip in gambling is a bet suggested by a third party who is perceived to be more knowledgeable about that subject than the bookmaker who sets the initial prices''

''In betting, tips are recommendations on which bet to make, based on the advice of an expert known as a tipster''

I fail to see how any of the rubbish that you post meets the criteria of a tip, at least provide a rationale for your selections, any fool can post random selections.

''A tip in gambling is a bet suggested by a third party who is perceived to be more knowledgeable about that subject than the bookmaker who sets the initial prices''

''In betting, tips are recommendations on which bet to make, based on the advice of an expert known as a tipster''

I fail to see how any of the rubbish that you post meets the criteria of a tip, at least provide a rationale for your selections, any fool can post random selections.

Kindly go back to your troll cage, thanking you.

You also have spelling mistakes on you post today over on the (snoozefest gaa-galway pages) yet again, that need correcting.

Also take a look at the previous page on here to see my recent 10,000/1 near miss!

If your gibberish was in any way right, perhaps the racing/gambling/etc entire forums on here should close immediately.

Still waiting on any of your tips, have none? Thought so. Bye bye.

''

I fail to see zzzz....

You failed to see a 10,000/1 nearly materialise, that's the closest you'll ever see to something like that. Hoffman lead into the 4R, but it slipped away. Had trebles anyway.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-03_at_13.30.29.png

Kindly go back to your troll cage, thanking you.

You also have spelling mistakes on you post today over on the (snoozefest gaa-galway pages) yet again, that need correcting.

Also take a look at the previous page on here to see my recent 10,000/1 near miss!

If your gibberish was in any way right, perhaps the racing/gambling/etc entire forums on here should close immediately.

Still waiting on any of your tips, have none? Thought so. Bye bye.

Accusing someone og being a troll is a banable offence, please be careful ;)

If the Galway thread bores you, why oh why were you reading it?? Plus your sentence makes zero sense as structured, might want to watch that!

Gibberish? lol I hope the irony is not lost on you :D

No tips for this week, like to wait a few weeks into the season before investing, sorry to dissapoint.

BTW congrats on nearly landing an actual bet, I'm sure the bookies are in dread of someone who backs odds against shots e/w

But yes I will say bye bye, we have dragged the thread far enough off topic and an old saying of Mark Twains springs to mind, never argue with.........

• Advertisement

Accusing someone og being a troll is a banable offence, please be careful ;)

If the Galway thread bores you, why oh why were you reading it?? Plus your sentence makes zero sense as structured, might want to watch that!

Gibberish? lol I hope the irony is not lost on you :D

No tips for this week, like to wait a few weeks into the season before investing, sorry to dissapoint.

BTW dongrats on nearly landing an actual bet, I'm sure the bookies are in dread of someone who backs odds against shots e/w [.]

But yes I will say bye bye, we [YOU] have dragged the thread far enough off topic and an old saying of Mark Twains springs to mind, never argue with.........

I've added you to my "No tips, only trolling typos" blocked list, enjoy.
    Well many thanks for that, I guess.
    Tally ho, bye now.

Can't complain (so far) at end of R1, particularly for 200/1 Gooch. Might keep a watch on Bryan for possible 5pl value as R2L. More mediocre over in the ET, but less of a spread, and still early days of course.

Screen_Shot_2018-01-19_at_00.26.23.png

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Thomas pieters 33
    Chris Kirk 66
    Ew double

If Kirk replicates R2 this evening you’ll have an exciting Sunday!

Going into R4 over in UAE, it's hard to see past Rory.
    Worth commending after a recent health scare, gone short @3.25
    Still wide open between about x16 players, but just 3pls now.
    Fitz could also snatch it.

Vfuv3Q6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Going into R4 over in UAE, it's hard to see past Rory.
    Worth commending after a recent health scare, gone short @3.25
    Still wide open between about x16 players, but just 3pls now.
    Fitz could also snatch it.

Vfuv3Q6.png

I’m on Fitzpatrick/ Harman each way double, alas tiny stakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A less risky approach this week as i find it difficult to select any value ew bets so Wiesberger 17/10 Abu Dhabi top 20 and Hadwin 11/4 CareerBuilder top 20.

9 ahead of 1 of mine and 4 ahead of the other,top 20 might be the way to go for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ante post

Masters 2018
    2pt e/w Tommy Fleetwood @66/1

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ante post Masters 2018 2pt e/w Tommy Fleetwood @66/1

That didn't last long into 34, best price generally now 41, the only exception would be 51 (via SJ).

Boyles seem to have left local hero Seamus Power slightly long @56 3pl 1/4. Avg is @45 {41-51}. Unlikely, but never say never.

Outside of (obvious) Rahm@3.25. Cook@4 & Piercy@10 both hold some value, it's just past 06.30 over in Cali, so few hours yet before R4 proceedings.

Ah that SP@56 just went a minute ago. 8nh4pdL.png
    Actually, Kisner is even better value and also still @56 with them, but has lots to do.

That didn't last long into 34, best price generally now 41, the only exception would be 51 (via SJ).

Boyles seem to have left local hero Seamus Power slightly long @56 3pl 1/4. Avg is @45 {41-51}. Unlikely, but never say never.

Outside of (obvious) Rahm@3.25. Cook@4 & Piercy@10 both hold some value, it's just past 06.30 over in Cali, so few hours yet before R4 proceedings.

He was 100/1 moments beforehand aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A less risky approach this week as i find it difficult to select any value ew bets so Wiesberger 17/10 Abu Dhabi top 20 and Hadwin 11/4 CareerBuilder top 20.

Got the two up for a modest 4.45 points profit and will probably stick with this type bet for a while.

Update for last few weeks

Weeks Outlay: 25pts
    Returns: 0pts
    Weeks balance: -25pts
    Previous balance: + 75pts

Running Balance: +50pts

Bad couple of weeks with nothing even majorly in contention but thats the joys of golf betting so back on it this week

Dubai desert classic
    Alexander levy 1pt e/w @66/1
    Nich Colsaerts 1pt e/w @150/1

Farmers
    Johnny Vegas 1pt e/w @60/1
    Charles Hoffman 1pt e/w @66/1

0.25pt e/w cross doubles

Also got a free bet so done

0.5 pts e/w double rose/Hatton

To be fair, the low priced fav always had a pretty good chance anyway.
    EWgqYCu.png

Interesting week, particularly that crazy Chung vs ND match in Melbo, and NFL's Jaguars Q4 defeat.

yellow balls Chung@15 (alt: Edmund was @67, now 51). 2pl {e/w market closes shortly}
    yellow balls Wonz’@5.5 (alt: Kerber@4) 2pl {e/w market closes shortly}
    horse balls1 ‘Serge @6.5 (shortening) on Sat (pulling 3/4 of all bets in last 24hrs) 4pl(+).
    horse balls2 Alternate between a few 10%+ price movers for tomorrow 3pl.
    golf balls1 HS@12 (alt: FZ@126, HP@176). 7pl
    golf balls2 CS@67 {generous} (alt: JR@15, PU@67). 7pl

Low-stake but high-yield trebles, from six (e/w) in mixed arrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

To be fair, the low priced fav always had a pretty good chance anyway.
    EWgqYCu.png

Interesting week, particularly that crazy Chung vs ND match in Melbo, and NFL's Jaguars Q4 defeat.

yellow balls Chung@15 (alt: Edmund was @67, now 51). 2pl {e/w market closes shortly}
    yellow balls Wonz’@5.5 (alt: Kerber@4) 2pl {e/w market closes shortly}
    horse balls1 ‘Serge @6.5 (shortening) on Sat (pulling 3/4 of all bets in last 24hrs) 4pl(+).
    horse balls2 Alternate between a few 10%+ price movers for tomorrow 3pl.
    golf balls1 HS@12 (alt: FZ@126, HP@176). 7pl
    golf balls2 CS@67 {generous} (alt: JR@15, PU@67). 7pl

Low-stake but high-yield trebles, from six (e/w) in mixed arrays.

First one to guess the golfers gets a prize?

First one to guess the golfers gets a prize?

Yes, not very difficult to discover, just didn't want to make it too easy for the lurkers :pac:.

However the difficulty might be finding them and other selections in Powers new website (launched today), nearly as bad as Sky's makeover. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yes, not very difficult to discover, just didn't want to make it too easy for the lurkers :pac:.

However the difficulty might be finding them and other selections in Powers new website (launched today), nearly as bad as Sky's makeover. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

Yes because there's so many lurkers trying to decipher your posts. Is it really that hard to write like a normal person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

On a separate note, do any of ye do the draftkings golf competitions? Started doing them recently can be a nice way to maintain an interest aside from regular gambling.

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    On a separate note, do any of ye do the draftkings golf competitions? Started doing them recently can be a nice way to maintain an interest aside from regular gambling.

Looked it a while ago but had a problem setting it up. Think they wouldn't take PayPal or something can't really remember.

Do you find it profitable?

Advertisement