Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Looked it a while ago but had a problem setting it up. Think they wouldn't take PayPal or something can't really remember.

Do you find it profitable?

To be honest I more do it for interest than to make big profits. The guys making the real money enter 20 plus teams per contest and I just don't have time for that.

The main contest is $4 entry. Entered 2 teams in the pga last week and one team came 380th out of 45,000 which was decent but the return was a measly $15!

Probably slightly up on the golf but only started since the new year, been doing the nba/nfl/mma contests a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Plenty of short priced fancied players in the Farmers Open.
    However an interesting fact is that four of the 1st 5 in the betting missed the cut twice! in the last 3 years.

I am backing Charles Howell at 11/8 to finish in the top 20.

Over in Dubai the in-form Chris Paisley is my bet at 5/2 to finish in the top 20 and a bigger bet at 10/11 to finish in the top 40.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Try something different this week , P Power giving odds to finish in the top 40 .
    Gonna go Alavaro Quiros at 4 to 1 top 40
    Not sure how much stake they will take but also backing Cabrera Bello at 11 to 8 to be in the top 20 , both in Dubai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Try something different this week , P Power giving odds to finish in the top 40 .
    Gonna go Alavaro Quiros at 4 to 1 top 40
    Not sure how much stake they will take but also backing Cabrera Bello at 11 to 8 to be in the top 20 , both in Dubai

That Powers top40 market looks good, will back a few at 3.0+, e.g. Nacho Elvira etc...
    just to compliment an 'offset array' of new Aussie Open selections now all previous wildcard e/w selections are proceeding exceedingly well.

Top40 market is available too for the Farmers, so some of that also, to go towards fivefolds+.

Can't help thinking Powers (like Sky) have made a mess of their new website, imagine it's fine on mobiles, but it's all clicks and scrolls, up on one of the 27" desktop screens.

Favouring '365's very fast site these days anyway, particularly for live Soccerball, and the (perhaps exclusive) 100/1 market for picking two correct Euroballs twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Can you do multiples in the top 40 market?

• Advertisement

Yes indeed, usually only those PowerPrice specials/boosts are singles.

Sky often do special singles on pairings for golf, ideal if either of two likely favs win. e.g. today they have 'Fleet or Fitz @9 (8/1)' to win, can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Yes indeed, usually only those PowerPrice specials/boosts are singles.

No you cant do multiples on that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gonna reinvest my ew winnings on Matty Fitz again,expecting a big season from him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Lots of players you could pick this week

Gone for the usual e/w doubles as follows:

Dubai Desert Classic 2018 - Henrik Stenson 11/1 & Tyrrell Hatton 22/1

Farmers Insurance Open 2018 - Brian Harman 33/1 & Gary Woodland 40/1

Good luck everyone

danganabu wrote: »
    No you canB]'[/Bt do multiples on that market.

Depends on what he means by multiples, you can do doubles on two separate unrelated top40 golf markets. Check yo' self.

If you want to select multiple players he can also do that also by using them as singles or indeed as line selections (on parts of multi-line mixed accumulators) which is exactly what I have done.

• Advertisement

Gonna reinvest my ew winnings on Matty Fitz again,expecting a big season from him

That enhanced Sky market does looks good @9 (price boost from @7). Fleet or Fitz to win.

It can (also) be done as a multiple(double) with a separate tennis special price boost (Kyle Edmund to win and both players to win a set @5).
    Multi-line of price boost @45, fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

That enhanced Sky market does looks good @9 (price boost from @7). Fleet or Fitz to win. It can even be done as a multiple (double) with a separate tennis special price boost (Kyle Edmund to win and both players to win a set), @45, fancy.

I'll just stick to Matty ew:),not the worst bet I ever seen

Depends on what he means by multiples, you can do doubles on two separate unrelated top40 golf markets. Check yo self.

If you want to select multiple players he can also do that also by using them as singles or indeed as line selections (on parts of multi-line mixed accumulators) which is exactly what I have done.

So in real english, no you cannot do multiples on that market :rolleyes:

So in real B]E[/Bnglish, no you cannot do multiples on that market :rolleyes:

Define for us, what you idea of a multiple is... rolleyes.png

No you cant do multiples on that market.

Is a double of two separate top40 selections a multiple, or is it not?

TnUfXez.png

2+ players in the same top 40 market

Yep pretty much what I thought they would be related bets so can't be done

No it is not a multiple on that market, which was the question ffs are you really that slow???

2+ players in the same top 40 market

Yep pretty much what I thought they would be related bets so can't be done

:D was the first thing I tried to do when I saw the market, too good to be true unfortuantely!

No it is not a multiple on that market, which was the question ffs are you really that slow???

That's a combination type market, only Sky do such a market, along with price boost.

It would be a very unusual bet to double within the same market anyway, much better to use a separate event and combine that way.
    One question mark suffices in forming a sentence structure.

We're still waiting on your tips btw....
    Go on, even just one - for the laugh!

That's a combination type market, only Sky do such a market, along with price boost.

It would be a very unusual bet to double within the same market anyway, much better to use a separate event and combine that way.
    One question mark suffices in forming a sentence structure.

We're still waiting on your tips btw....
    Go on, even just one - for the laugh!

Knock yourself out....... C Howell Top 20 @ 2/1, S Lowry Top 20 @ 3/1, B Snedeker Top 20 @ 2/1 and J B Holmes Top 30 @ 9/5.

And the next time someone asks a question and we want an answer to a different one, I'll drop you a PM ;)

• Advertisement

Knock yourself out....... C Howell Top 20 @ 2/1, S Lowry Top 20 @ 3/1, B Snedeker Top 20 @ 2/1 and J B Holmes Top 30 @ 9/5.

And the next time someone asks a question and we want an answer to a different one, I'll drop you a PM ;)

Cheers, will blacklist those. Snedeker has a bit of chance though for top10.
    Honestly, thought you'd pick Tiger to win, lol.

Top 20/30 are easy child-like markets, folks usually want the winner picked.

Next time you want 'unfortuantely' spelt using the Queen's proper English let me know. It's 'unfortunately' actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

2 pts ew Pieters @30/1
    2 pts ew Hadwin @66/1

1 pt ew double

Went with smylie kaufmann cause i dont like money ;)

Cheers, will blacklist those. Snedeker has a bit of chance though for top10.
    Honestly, thought you'd pick Tiger to win, lol.

Top 20/30 are easy child-like markets, folks usually want the winner picked.

Next time you want 'unfortuantely' spelt using the Queen's proper English let me know. It's 'unfortunately' actually.

Easy "child-like markets"! I dont believe anyone expects to have the "winner picked" for them on here and if they do they would be better off following the Racing Post and/or Racing and Football Outlook tipsters.

If top 20/30 markets are easy to get right then thats where punters should be looking,i have been paying attention to those markets recently and by combining course form and current form there may be an opportunity to find value bets.

Picking golf winners is not easy and if it is possible to get a bit of an edge on the less obvious markets we should be looking at it.I am not in any way trying to be critical of your approach but just suggesting there are different ways of trying to win money on golf,best of luck.

Easy "child-like markets"! I dont believe anyone expects to have the "winner picked" for them on here and if they do they would be better off following the Racing Post and/or Racing and Football Outlook tipsters.

If top 20/30 markets are easy to get right then thats where punters should be looking,i have been paying attention to those markets recently and by combining course form and current form there may be an opportunity to find value bets.

Picking golf winners is not easy and if it is possible to get a bit of an edge on the less obvious markets we should be looking at it.I am not in any way trying to be critical of your approach but just suggesting there are different ways of trying to win money on golf,best of luck.

The top 20/30/30 markets are indeed useful (as line selections on accumulators), but the point was aimed at the troll-like fellow that is quick to criticise peoples typos or spelling (he has more than a few himself), but very very rarely actually post any tips. I.e. 'forum derailment'.

And when he did eventually try to contribute, he only offered a few (very close to even) stabs in the dark, yet laughed off my (exceedingly) very close shave to 10,000/1 a few weeks ago.

Each to their own of course, I'd occasionally follow your (larger odds) horse e/w suggestions btw, despite again, the many usual critics, as you know only too well yourself.

My approach is really only to consider larger e/w accumulators, another example of that (just yesterday) shows an easy day of Gowran (horse) results, mixed with twin golf events.

Already that's 337/1 up with dual options to complete a fourfold, what's not to like about that? Over say e.g. 'single 5/2'. Even when my accas just place, it's still a nice day out. Folks who empty wallets on single 5/2 favs disinterest me greatly.

0WlOqpW.png

Well done,it just goes to show that there are many different approaches to gambling.

Not a big fan of the top 20/30/40 markets myself but an evens money winner is better than nearly landing a 10000/1 shot.

We can agree to disagree, evens money isn't bad as such, but the 000's/1 shots are also always E/W, so can be viewed as place-part accumulations, still double-triple figures.
    Usually also apply risk reductions e.g. four from five, or six. When available also look for enhancements, ExPl, F'Insurance, and the single/double-W/O markets (if pl count isn't affected) etc.

Anyways, onwards and upwards with the stick ball, will be looking for a couple of late R2, early R3 fast-risers later, to offset a couple of already selected likely-lads.

Absolutely landing the place part of a big accum > even money winner

• Advertisement

Fancy McIlroy and Noren to both convert from here.

2pt win double @a little under 13/2

Advertisement