Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Always fond of the 'or' markets on Sky, covers twin favs from both events on the acca build.

I9YW1kQ.png

But not my main selections on the acca e/w arrays. Instead potential value can be found by hooering about just a few books for slight value in the (GEN 7pl,) from the likes of:

Leishman@41, Pieters @46
    Vegas, Moore, List all @126

in the NBO (5pl 1/4) Sorbet was @61, and still good at 51, many others offer just 31.
    Green, Smith & Donaldson all @81
    Quiros & SSP available at up to 250/1.

Perhaps '365 have made a mistake was considering Clarke@400 (listed 7th from bottom on OC) for the NBO yesterday as a wildcard.
    But is available, better@500 now with them, in the upper half of the leaderboard and the same 5pl 1/4 still applies.

Moyniham has also got off to a reasonably good start (-1), and is still the same price and places as last night @251.

Over in Cali, Rory McIlroy has insisted he will "relish and embrace" playing alongside Tiger Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Just Tony Finau ew @60-1

Yesterday's D.Clarke (500/1!) is continuing the recent upturn in form with a likely R2 -5 currently T11.
    Needless to say avg. price now is reduced @126. Safe to say he won't get culled in the cut.

(The recent Maybank, was the first time in x17 events where he missed the cut, so was a positive sign).

Took some 66s on bubba for masters

• Advertisement

Another treble-digit Nordie is also fairing well over in the US.
    GMcD was @101 couple of hours ago (now @34-51) and currently T3, (-2) on 2nd of R2.

T2 (-3) on 3rd now and into 25/1, bit of a good start for McDowell.

MCkOimp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Oman,Horsey 1/1 and Lorenzo-Vera 7/5 to 40 market.

€5 ew Horsey 40/1,€5 ew Campillo 40/1 and €5 ew Lorenzo-Vera 60/1 outright 6 places PP.

Genesis,Kokrak,6/5,Scott 11/10 and Laird 6/4 top 40 market.

€5 ew Kokrak 66/1outright 7 places PP.

Got Campillo placed,Kokrak and Laird winners in top 40 market,i would nearly call it a draw this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Gona let Dustin go this week but possibly back him in play

Oman open
    Thomas Aiken 2.5pts e/w @150/1 (massive price and actually opened a coral account to get on so have the added bonus of money back if it loses)
    Aaron Rai 1pt e/w @66/1

Genesis
    Pat Perez 1pt e/w @60/1
    Patrick Cantley 1pt e/w @50/1
    Jason Kokrak 1pt e/w @100/1

E/w cross doubles

Total outlay: 16pts

Full place for Cantley, disappointing final round from him all things considered. 3 weeks in a row with live chances going into Sunday but poor rounds. Nice to get some returns though

Took some 66s on bubba for masters

Less than half that now. I was just about to do the same the other day but didn't pull the trigger in time.

I was debating weather to back it or not as apart from his 2 wins (which are pretty significant) his record is quite poor. In the end the price dropped so was happy to leave it that stage.

Regret it now though 66s is nice price to have on him

• Advertisement

Less than half that now. I was just about to do the same the other day but didn't pull the trigger in time.

I was debating weather to back it or not as apart from his 2 wins (which are pretty significant) his record is quite poor. In the end the price dropped so was happy to leave it that stage.

Regret it now though 66s is nice price to have on him

Ya in fairness I got lucky that I happened to be watching the live groups at the time and he was playing well got a little on him in running too. I'm not sure if you use course correlation as a metric when betting but historically at least players who have played well at the genesis play well in the masters. I think since 92 8 or 9 golfers have won both tournaments 3 have done it in the same year.

I had a quick look yesterday and it seems to stack up I'm not saying it's the be all and end all but I certainly found it interesting,

Ya in fairness I got lucky that I happened to be watching the live groups at the time and he was playing well got a little on him in running too. I'm not sure if you use course correlation as a metric when betting but historically at least players who have played well at the genesis play well in the masters. I think since 92 8 or 9 golfers have won both tournaments 3 have done it in the same year.

I had a quick look yesterday and it seems to stack up I'm not saying it's the be all and end all but I certainly found it interesting,

Yep correalates very well with Augusta but also just regular course form aswell. Makes Bubba look obvious in hindsight but was hard to look past the past years form for Bubba even if most of it was due to the Volvik ping pong balls.

Yep correalates very well with Augusta but also just regular course form aswell. Makes Bubba look obvious in hindsight but was hard to look past the past years form for Bubba even if most of it was due to the Volvik ping pong balls.

Ya he has been in rotten form alright, they also said in commentary he has recovered from some ilness he had last year so that may have had something to do with his form aswell.

I see on oddschecker will hill have him @50s now didnt check the site mind

Taken some 33s on Fleetwood doubtfull it lasts till thursday

And woodland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Gmac is my main bet for this week... surprised to see him at 80/1.
    Also have Woodland at 30/1.

HighLine wrote: »
    Gmac is my main bet for this week... surprised to see him at 80/1.
    Also have Woodland at 30/1.

Not sure 80/1 is that good, considering was 100/1 when -2 at end of R2 recently, certainly improving but top 5 type finish might be too much to ask, too soon.

Unfortunately didn't cash out when offered a reasonable 27% value of the (placing 233/1) 5fold (from six), pre-R4. Still when doing 1043077.5/1 accas don't ever need to put much on, and don't expect all to win, just place.

Sky offering 8pl for anyone hoping to squeeze a bit of value in the Honda e.g. Palmer & Piercy with them @81 (priced +20-25% than most books that only offer 5/6places).

Kirk@101 & Walker@126 are also best price with them, but likely all will have some market correction before too long.

Gmac sets up much better for this week then he did last week but I would be a little worried alright what he would be like if in contention on a sunday I know he is well experienced but competing is a habit as they say.

I seen that the early tee times on thursday, are looking like they will be getting a slight edge in terms of wind speeds so Im taking a bit of gmac frl based of that

I've to look a bit more but might take hoge frl aswell

Ilonen 1pt e/w @66/1
    Bjerregaard 1pt e/w @125/1

Berger 1pt e/w @50/1
    Grillo 1pt e/w @80/1
    Lowry 1pt e/w @100/1

E/w cross doubles

Outlay: 11.5 pts

Also very interested in Mcilroy this week. Should have free bet from last week so will use that on rory should it come.through in time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed Colsaerts ew 45/1 for the Qatar Masters and had a decent bet on him at 6/5 to finish in the top 40.

Cant see a bet in the Honda so will probably wait unti after round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

After the near miss with Finau last week, this weeks bets:

Kisner @45
    Sharma @25

small ew double thrown in as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This week gone for:

Honda Classic 2018 - Sergio Garcia 16/1 & Jason Dufner 45/1

Qatar Masters 2018 - Andy Sullivan 20/1 & Nicolas Colsaerts 45/1

E/w Doubles as ever

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

€5ew on Scott for me @45's

Bonus that he's playing with Padraig & Rory so can keep a close eye on

Have a feeling Rory doesn't want to mess about, -2 already T6 on 4th.

Only needs better than -4 to take the lead. Going very short @6.5
    Average scores in R1 seems to be slightly poor +2 or thereabouts.

Had bookmarked Noren@51(via pp) as 1stRL, but forget to get it on as average price was only 34-41. Ah well.

Have a feeling Rory doesn't want to mess about, -2 already T6 on 4th.

Only needs better than -4 to take the lead. Going very short @6.5
    Average scores in R1 seems to be slightly poor +2 or thereabouts.

Had bookmarked Noren@51(via pp) as 1stRL, but forget to get it on as average price was only 34-41. Ah well.

Was meant to have a 50euro free bet with corals as part of a sign up promotion through oddschecker. Had it earmarked for Rory but the ***** haven't honoured it yet and are ignoring my emails

Adam Scott is looking class t2g and actually making a few putt

Awful finish from Rory

Only circa x18 under par, most folks having a bad day out there.

e.g. Kisner was in the top 15 group yet finishes R1 2nd last. A recent winner: Potter, 4th last. Power & Harrington both +6 after R1.
    Couple of lads that were 350c/1 start joint 2nd/3rd.

1pt e/w ollie fisher @40/1 (freebet)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Backed Kirk @90/1 before Start of R2, thought he was a few points above what he should be

• Advertisement

Super round from Fisher today!

Advertisement