Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Gona have to start backing to be 54 hole leader rather than outright

Another disaster final round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed Colsaerts ew 45/1 for the Qatar Masters and had a decent bet on him at 6/5 to finish in the top 40.

Cant see a bet in the Honda so will probably wait unti after round 1.

Colsaerts was never in the hunt for top honours but he continued my top 40 good run and landed a decent bet for me.

Good back 9 from Fisher to finish 2nd after a disaster front 9

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

L oosthuizen at 40/1 e/w 1,2, for interest for final rd.....hoping he can post a target and might even get to playoff.... squeaky finish could see leaders dropping shots coming home.

Ugh birdie from lovermark on the last just kicked Grillo out of the places

• Advertisement

Taken some 33s on Fleetwood doubtfull it lasts till thursday

And woodland

Hard to know if it had an effect but put on the clock due to weebs slow play and he makes a couple of bogeys soon after not to be decent sweat mind

Hard to know if it had an effect but put on the clock due to weebs slow play and he makes a couple of bogeys soon after not to be decent sweat mind

Has to have some effect

Outlay: 27.5pts
    Returns: 23.5pts
    balance: -4pts
    Previous balance: + 29.5pts

Running Balance: +25.5pts

Been an interesting few weeks with lots in contention, two full places at good prices and a couple of crossbars hit for both wins and places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Andrea Pavan 5/4 to finish in the top 40 in the Tshwane Open is my best of that market this week despite the french man not having played there before.

57th on the European tour and all parts of his game are good so he should make the top 40 and is worth a little ew to win outright at 66/1.

Was in Powers today and stuck a tenner ew on Pavan,only got 55/1 though.

Not much interesting me this week's. I was tempted to do a lucky 31 across the faves in all tours but haven't done so yet.

WGC Mexico
    2pts win Justin Rose @22/1
    1pt e/w Tony Finau @40/1

Outlay: 4pts

• Advertisement

Bored this evening so done a small lucky 31.
    DJ
    Coetzee
    Ryan Fox
    Stricker
    Ariya Jutunugarn

Outlay 3pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

This week gone for:

WGC Mexico Championship 2018 - Rickie Fowler 20/1 & Patrick Cantlay 33/1

Tshwane Open 2018 - Jacques Blaauw 35/1 & Richard Sterne 28/1

Good luck everyone

I really hate the wgc for betting on prices way too skinny up top for me and then when you get up a bit higher and see the players they have to beat to win :eek:

Not to say I wont have a bet yet though always tomorrow :o

Best of luck to everyones picks

WGC
    Pat Perez 1.5pt win @20/1

Just for some further interest in Mexico

redzerdrog wrote: »
    WGC
    Pat Perez 1.5pt win @20/1

Just for some further interest in Mexico

that went well :o

that went well :o

Seems like quite the emotional character, he has it in him to go low no doubt. Shame he probably couldn't let yesterdays bad finish go 20/1 was a good shout

I dont have accounts with them but Blayne Barber is 16/1 to make the top 20 with unibet and 888 I'll be having some of that if its similar with others tomoro has decent stats for the course and a decent history too.

Sung Kang is 7s also in the same places again ill have to see what tomoro offers me

For outrights currently looking at

Scott
    Cook
    Hadley

Bored this evening so done a small lucky 31.
    DJ
    Coetzee
    Ryan Fox
    Stricker
    Ariya Jutunugarn

Outlay 3pts

2 winners and returned approximately 6pts

Outlay: 8.5pts
    Returns: 6pts
    balance: -2.5pts
    Previous balance: + 25.5pts

Running Balance: +23pts

Couple of fancies this week before most likely a break next week because I am going to Cheltenham

Indian open
    2pt e/w Pablo Larrazabal @28/1

Valspar
    1pt e/w Kevin Streelman @66/1
    1pt e/w Jason Dufner @66/1

1pt e/w double streelman/Larrazabal
    0.5pt e/w double dufner/Larrazabal

Outlay: 11pts

Like Grillo but too short at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Indian:
    Just started within the hour.
    Probably will back one of the Indians (in-running), there's a few of them to choose from.
    Gone are the days of Da Silva from the opposite side of the globe @200, the SP was just around 71 or 76.
    Clarke, no longer the 750/1 neither, he was on an enhanced offer somewhere top 20, but just 5/1 or thereabouts from memory.

Valspar:
    Of more interest, as it the 8places, couple of 500/1's will hopefully place into that.

Cameron smith is 5/6 in his 3 ball via Kaufmann (last 10/9 mcs) and Padraig who imo doesnt set up well for here I'll be having a piece both days I reckon

I wouldnt be surprised to see Tiger do well here this weekend given he wont be using his driver much or at least shouldn't be. he has no1 in proximity his last time out and is putting well cant bring myself to back him at those prices still.

He is interesting at 5/2 via spieth who hasn't started a tournament well in a while and Stenson who hasn't played in a few weeks. I'll probably leave it and complain about it later.

I see unibet and 888.sport are 100/1 for a hole in one the weekend I must open some accounts with them best price elsewhere is 11/8 there is 5 par 3s this weekend :eek:

Its only 6 rounds but Jordan Spieth is ranked 156th on first round scoring this year and Stenson has recently had low driver distance numbers for him which could be indicative of a injury.

Im taking Tiger in the 3 ball at 5/2

Edit note

AM tee times on thursday will have a wind advantage in valspar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Its only 6 rounds but Jordan Spieth is ranked 156th on first round scoring this year and Stenson has recently had low driver distance numbers for him which could be indicative of a injury.

Im taking Tiger in the 3 ball at 5/2

Edit note

AM tee times on thursday will have a wind advantage in valspar

Stenson finished tied 6th and 8th in his last two tournaments. Over 8 rounds he's shot a 64, a 65, tow 68's and nothing higher than a 70. The stats mean nothing, he uses 3 wood for accuracy and course set up had required irons off the tee. No injury, he's firing at the minute. Took a rest until March as he said he would, then hit the PGA Tour to gear up for the Masters.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Stenson finished tied 6th and 8th in his last two tournaments. Over 8 rounds he's shot a 64, a 65, tow 68's and nothing higher than a 70. The stats mean nothing, he uses 3 wood for accuracy and course set up had required irons off the tee. No injury, he's firing at the minute. Took a rest until March as he said he would, then hit the PGA Tour to gear up for the Masters.

T-60 in Malaysia I thought was his last result and I know he uses a 3 wood as he hates his driver but he is averaging a lot less with it then usual

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wouldnt be surprised to see Tiger do well here this weekend given he wont be using his driver much or at least shouldn't be. he has no1 in proximity his last time out and is putting well cant bring myself to back him at those prices still.

He is interesting at 5/2 via spieth who hasn't started a tournament well in a while and Stenson who hasn't played in a few weeks. I'll probably leave it and complain about it later.

I see unibet and 888.sport are 100/1 for a hole in one the weekend I must open some accounts with them best price elsewhere is 11/8 there is 5 par 3s this weekend :eek:

You misread that, it's 100/1 for certain players to hit hole-in-ones, under "Specials". They actually offer 5/4 for a hole-in-one this weekend.

You misread that, it's 100/1 for certain players to hit hole-in-ones, under "Specials". They actually offer 5/4 for a hole-in-one this weekend.

Ok i took it off oddschecker I was wondering what was up. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

T-60 in Malaysia I thought was his last result and I know he uses a 3 wood as he hates his driver but he is averaging a lot less with it then usual

No he played Abu Dhabi and Dubai since then. 6th and 8th. 2nd in the WGC end of October too. He's in fine fettle.

The stats especially driver distance are skewed. Only taken from two holes every round, so if a player decides to use 3 iron for accuracy over driver, average distance goes down, even though he could be bombing drives on the other holes. So many variables to consider. Id take accuracy over distance all day. You probably know all this, just my humble tuppence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

E/W on Finau at 30s. 7 places.

decent finish here last year, tipped by a lot of the PGA website experts and has a couple of decent finishes this year.

Advertisement