Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

R3 suggests it could be a play off could be on the cards
    between an young fella (T1) with 0 Career Victories, vs an older gentleman (T2) with over 100 Career Victories.
    But still plenty of contenders, and just past mid-way.

All in all not a bad week last week

Jumping off the page although back from a small injury is Hediki @25/1

Also seen he is 35 and 33 in some places for the masters I doubt this will last when he gets back playing.

And then suckered myself into the double also

All in all not a bad week last week

Jumping off the page although back from a small injury is Hediki @25/1

Also seen he is 35 and 33 in some places for the masters I doubt this will last when he gets back playing.

And then suckered myself into the double also

Swafford FRL 125/1

James Hahn top 20 7/2

Debated Scott for a long while think he would need to putt well for 4 days to win and not sure he is there yet

With 8 places, will build a few small stake high yield acca arrays around a fairly safe magic triangle of {Fowler/Rory/Stenson} @17-19.

Combined with Sky offers in Chelt, whom are awash with extra places in 4 races (inc a couple of 6pls).
    The 1330 is a MB special. If it looses, money back. You can't really argue with that.

Powers worth a mention also, have a fair few ExPls also. And MB's on the first four if SP Fav wins.

A 6-fold e/w can be created in addition to Golf-Horses, with the addition of the EuroPopSingSong '18 contest, can only see 2 possible winners so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Matt Every ew
    Lydia Ko ew

Small double as well

• Advertisement

Rory not hanging about -5 on 10th R1. Three birdies in a row, but Stenson in a similar position (-5).
    Tiger got a good start (Fin on -4), Fowler not far behind (-3, 10th) so should be a good battle ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Indian open
    2pt e/w Pablo Larrazabal @28/1

Valspar
    1pt e/w Kevin Streelman @66/1
    1pt e/w Jason Dufner @66/1

1pt e/w double streelman/Larrazabal
    0.5pt e/w double dufner/Larrazabal

Outlay: 11pts

Like Grillo but too short at the minute

Outlay: 11pts
    Returns: 16pts
    balance: +5pts
    Previous balance: + 23pts

Running Balance: +28pts

Had no bet this week as didn't get to look at it as was away, not particularly enthusiastic about next week either as a betting proposition

With 8 places, will build a few small stake high yield acca arrays around a fairly safe magic triangle of {Fowler/Rory/Stenson@} @17-19.

Combined with Sky offers in Chelt, whom are awash with extra places in 4 races (inc a couple of 6pls).
    The 1330 is a MB special. If it looses, money back. You can't really argue with that.

Powers worth a mention also, have a fair few ExPls also. And MB's on the first four if SP Fav wins.

A 6-fold e/w can be created in addition to Golf-Horses, with the addition of the EuroPopSingSong '18 contest, can only see 2 possible winners so far.

LDn6yNk.png

2/3 from the popular trio, Fowler went slightly awol in R4 WITH 74 (T14).
    8pl from Sky was a bit generous.

The Tiger revival only complicates things, as will have to be considered along with others going forward in events, when previously would have been dismissed.

1pt e/w Tony finau

10 places in about 10 days time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    This?

Correct, and also 8pl in Huston, guess that's one way to go about market penetration.

Coral have also just gone 10, and a few others at 8 (1/5). Ladbrokes somewhat 'behind the curve' with 5pl.

B2WxJTH.png

Just under 10days now, guess the prices will only be going one direction between now and 5th Apr. They do have just a one or two possibly overpriced, that also are displaying some market shortening, might consider as wildcards add-ons.

Too many selections to list on the in-progress acca arrays. There is also EuroCheeseVision18 and the G'Nat{NRNB} coming up, to combine with.

2pts e/w Daniel berger

redzerdrog wrote: »
    2pts e/w Daniel berger

Couple of shots outside the places mostly due to a poor 2nd round

Really looking forward to the masters this week, contemplating writing up my reasoning for my picks but have that much **** going round my head not sure I will have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Is Speith just coming to boil at the right time and with his impeccable Masters record, is 10/1 too good to pass up?

abarkie wrote: »
    Is Speith just coming to boil at the right time and with his impeccable Masters record, is 10/1 too good to pass up?

@11 with 8pl, or
    @10 with 10pl.
    Not high numerals, but certain to feature on some of my arrays all the same, along with the wildcards.

Yesterday apparently he stood on the edge of the pond on the 16th hole, then the W#4 delighted onlookers by skimming his ball across the water and on to the green.

Just spotted market for 1stRL, but with 8pl, that's unusual as is normally reduced down just for round markets. Wildcards tend to do better in this, whilst the cream floats to the top in R3/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

US Masters outright

Marc Leishman .... 67.50 ... €20.00 ... €1,330.00
    Patrick Cantlay ...152.57 ... €26.92 ... €4,080.28
    Zach Johnson ... 230.00 ... €10.00 ... €2,290.00
    Kyle Stanley ...... 510.00 ... €20.00 ...€10,180.00
    Patton Kizzire ... 450.00 ... €83.00 ... €37,267.00
    Haotong Li ....... 406.93 ... €200.13 ... €81,238.77

Total €360.05

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Tiger, Phil, poulter all ew

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Win.... Thomas (20pts) / Day (10pts)
    EW...... Masuyama (30pts) / Chappell (10pts) / Finau (5pts) / Aphibarnrat (5pts)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Main bet is Matsuyama each way @ 33/1

I like the fact there's a little less hype about him this year; finished in the Top 15 in each of the four majors last year and has a decent enough history around Augusta. There's a bit of juice in the price at least.

Good luck to all this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Main bet is Matsuyama each way @ 33/1

I like the fact there's a little less hype about him this year; finished in the Top 15 in each of the four majors last year and has a decent enough history around Augusta. There's a bit of juice in the price at least.

Good luck to all this week.

Less hype because he is just back from an injury.

For **** sake i spent an hour doing a write up for my selections, left laptop open and the misses decided she wanted to google something ended up closing google down when she was finished so I lost it all :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Couldnt be assed rewriting it :mad:

Outright
    Justin Rose 6pts win @16/1
    Dustin Johnson 4pts win @12/1 (money back if 2nd/3rd)
    Tommy Fleetwood 2pt e/w @66/1 (antepost 6 places)
    Kevin Chappell 1pt e/w @110/1 8 places
    Kiradech Aphribarnrat 1pt e/w @100/1 8 places

FRL
    Johnson 1pt win @18/1
    Rose 1 pt win @20/1
    Hoffman 1 pt win @50/1
    Chappel 0.5pt win @80/1
    Aphribarnrat 0.5pt win @100/1

Novelty
    Dual Forecast Johnson/Rose 0.5pt @100/1
    Tiger Woods top 5 in all 4 majors 0.5pt @150/1

Total Outlay: 23pts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I kept it simple for the Masters,Chappell- first round leader 8 places,Chappel winner outright 8 places-Chappell to finish in the top 40 and Chappell to make the cut.

I may back someone tomorrow but will probably hold fire until after round 1.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Matt Kuchar win
    Aphibarnat top 10

Phil 18/1 I dont normally back this low in golf but his game is the best its been in years and in them years he was a beast at augusta. I'm not sure if I've suckered myself in here I guess the weekend will tell

Bibba 66/1 ew (feb)
    chappell 125 ew (feb) thought he would drop more
    Mats 33/1

Dechambeau I meant to back each way for this when 200 but somehow did a double for him on Arnold Palmer and masters (thank you rory) have a bit on 80s even though I'm not in love with the price

Steele @200 and scoot @ 66s might be bets tomoro still havent made up my mind yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gone ew Aphibamrat @90
    Sharma @150
    Main bet Phil@16
    1st RL Langer @125
    Tiger to miss cut @4s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Small bets on Chappel top 5, O'Meara top senior

Have lots of 'acca arrays' sitting nicely for 10pl, incl also 1stRL with the also generous 8pl.

But another recent one of special interest, due to the risk reduction is this:

Day (without Rory/Spieth/Thomas/DJ/Woods/Rose) inc 5pl @12.
    Not a bad price boost which ignores 6 big hitters and still the same places as Ladbroken's!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

E/w outights:
    JT
    Hideki
    Tony F
    Louis O

FRL:
    Fisher @90s

edit:
    should have checked the news before betting :D

Advertisement