Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

Are PP paying 8 places in shops or is it just an online offer?

7 in b&m shops

2pts Spieth @ 10/1
    1pt e/w Oosthuizen @ 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

SO'Meara top senior

WTF, he was -1, joint second a minute ago?:mad: I was lining up a smug post about how I should have backed him outright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

WTF, he was -1, joint second a minute ago?:mad: I was lining up a smug post about how I should have backed him outright...

+5 for his last three holes :eek:

danganabu wrote: »
    +5 for his last three holes :eek:

Must be having a 'senior moment'.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Was a serious amount of lover for Chappell & Barnrat (incl myself) but both having horrendous afternoons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Was a serious amount of lover for Chappell & Barnrat (incl myself) but both having horrendous afternoons

Totall topsy turvy so far, JDay is having one of the worst starts of all +4 on 8th. Chappell could be an early right off +6.

On the other hand wilcards Fred/Langer/Kodaira/Singh all on par with decent chance of placing the 1stR (8pl).

Henrick & Reed could do well -2 on 8th, but only 3pl now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I kept it simple for the Masters,Chappell- first round leader 8 places,Chappel winner outright 8 places-Chappell to finish in the top 40 and Chappell to make the cut.

I may back someone tomorrow but will probably hold fire until after round 1.

As Chappell looks goosed i put a score on Speith at 10s to maintain a financial interest.

Small bets on Chappel top 5, O'Meara top senior

Keeping each other company five and four places from the bottom of the leaderboard respectively.:rolleyes: Can I install something on my bet365 account to stop me betting on golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

diomed wrote: »
    US Masters outright

Marc Leishman .... 67.50 ... €20.00 ... €1,330.00
    Patrick Cantlay ...152.57 ... €26.92 ... €4,080.28
    Zach Johnson ... 230.00 ... €10.00 ... €2,290.00
    Kyle Stanley ...... 510.00 ... €20.00 ...€10,180.00
    Patton Kizzire ... 450.00 ... €83.00 ... €37,267.00
    Haotong Li ....... 406.93 ... €200.13 ... €81,238.77

Total €360.05
    Update
    Bet
    Haotong Li ... 479.93 ... €395.47 ... €189,403.93

Lay
    Haotong Li ... 230.00 ... €386.00 ... €88,394.00

In plain language I bet on Li at 479/1, sold the bet at 230/1, and have a free bet of €395 at 249/1
    I also cashed out on Marc Leishman and Zach Johnson, but have I think a 100% loss on the others.
    Still losing overall, but could take a profit of €1,600 on Li Haoting if I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

diomed wrote: »
    Update
    Bet
    Haotong Li ... 479.93 ... €395.47 ... €189,403.93

Lay
    Haotong Li ... 230.00 ... €386.00 ... €88,394.00

In plain language I bet on Li at 479/1, sold the bet at 230/1, and have a free bet of €395 at 249/1
    I also cashed out on Marc Leishman and Zach Johnson, but have I think a 100% loss on the others.
    Still losing overall, but could take a profit of €1,600 on Li Haoting if I want.

42/1 now - someone who laid the original bet having a cold sweat!

abarkie wrote: »
    My highest was €80 at 550

Was going to say he has a chance at R1L but bogey a minute or two ago. Still nice early O/R cash-out, for above poster.

YRL7Dfz.png

Think have Kodaira as line selection in R1L 8pl 200/1 but will likely get watered down in heat, if anything it all. Singh and Fred too triple digits also, but Fred much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I stuck a fiver on the below:

Jordan Spieth To Birdie All 4 Par 5s in Same Round @ 9/1

He eagled the second - Wonder will this still come in? (If he birdies the others too)

Li Haotong second shot on par 5 15th to 6 feet.

Li Haotong leads the US Masters by a shot on -4.

That's R1 over, not sure how 8pl is going to work out.
    Speith is down to round about evens to win @2.5 or so.

m8hy67U.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

5/7ths of the full place money for all those tied 4th

redzerdrog wrote: »
    5/7ths of the full place money for all those tied 4th

Probably in this instance, not a great advantage having PP's 8pl compared to Hills or Lads 5pl for 1RL.

Depending on the stack at end of R4, Sky's 10pl may not be advantageous but still good to have in-case of single sequential results.

2.38 is currently being offered to back Spieth, probably not the best time nor value to do this.

Probably in this instance, not a great advantage having PP's 8pl compared to Hills or Lads 5pl for 1RL.

Depending on the stack at end of R4, Sky's 10pl may not be advantageous but still good to have in-case of single sequential results.

2.38 is currently being offered to back Spieth, probably not the best time nor value to do this.

It is a huge advantage having 8pl, if it was only 5pl you would only be getting 2/7ths as opposed to 5/7ths

More places is always an advantage unless it falls on exactly the lower line with a greater number tied on the higher line.

Spieth is freely available at far greater than 2.38, he is 2/1 in most books and a shade above 11/5 on Betfair

• Advertisement

It is a huge advantage having 8pl, if it was only 5pl you would only be getting 2/7ths as opposed to 5/7ths

More places is always an advantage unless it falls on exactly the lower line with a greater number tied on the higher line.

Spieth is freely available at far greater than 2.38, he is 2/1 in most books and a shade above 11/5 on Betfair

Perhaps, the lower place books were all 1/4 not 1/5.

Will always opt for the extra places option myself, just incase there is a rare case of a sequential descending final leaderboard.

@3/3.2 current best price, but was around 2.5 last night. Have the opening price @10/10pl on about 20% of the arrays, couldn't imagine backing now or anytime going forward at less than 5.0 with reduced places.

Sky still not offering a cash-out on 6650/1 (less with Rule4's), not to worry have various lines of place wildcards also, Kodaira was one of the biggest numerals, early days but still in with a hope of place.

pzLNXfd.png

Have also switched tack to the GNational away from x2 favs. After consulting the two Oracles, one forecasts Speith, but and the other (as you horse folks mentioned in another thread) is for an 'older horse' (well 11yr) to win the GN. So Buywise/Milansbar and a few others may go on the next set of accas.

Sky still not offering a cash-out on 6650/1 (less with Rule4's), not to worry have various lines of place wildcards also, Kodaira was one of the biggest numerals, early days but still in with a hope of place.

How much is the R4 on the last selection?

With the non-runner and forgetting about the R4 its settled as a 4 fold @ 950/1 hope you have a nice chunk on - I wouldnt be cashing out to be honest, Mcilroy looks the only realistic danger to Spieth in that kind of form, and that's with Mcilroy finding form with the putter.

And of course it would take an absolute miracle for the e/w part not to come in.

How much is the R4 on the last selection?

With the non-runner and forgetting about the R4 its settled as a 4 fold @ 950/1 hope you have a nice chunk on - I wouldnt be cashing out to be honest, Mcilroy looks the only realistic danger to Spieth in that kind of form, and that's with Mcilroy finding form with the putter.

And of course it would take an absolute miracle for the e/w part not to come in.

Just 10%/10c/10p Rule 4 on both, cash-outs non forthcoming from Sky, but always open to them if reasonable, as nothing is a certainty. Garcia went pond drinking/splashdown on the 15th and thus did an slightly unexpected '13 shots' on it which likely ruined his day.

Always only do modest stakes on high-yield, that way never get stung.

Only had a quick scan of the GN card, but perhaps less than x4 11yr's with a hope of contention (none fav so far). Always worth taking these predictions with a dose of salt of course.

zLazqKe.png

Spieth opens on a double-bogey, is yet to see a birdie and currently +4 (for R2) on 10th.

On the plus side is back out to 8/1. With the weather to be very poor tomorrow, expect more of the unexpected.

With the weather to be very poor tomorrow, expect more of the unexpected.

All very familiar names at the top of the leaderboard going into day 3 though. Is this usually the way at the masters I wonder.

All very familiar names at the top of the leaderboard going into day 3 though. Is this usually the way at the masters I wonder.

For sure, esp R4, Saturday sees a storm coming in so possible rain delays, wind increase and the dreaded risk of fork lightening upon metal sticks.

Still a bit of 5pl, and perhaps just x14 in any real contention. About x4 of them at lower double-digits that could fair well.

I'm looking at the odds chart from T-10days and it's a very close match to end of R2, not so much R1. Will post diagram in a bit.

No real big surprises from those at -2 or better, expect those strings to tighten further (pending weather chaos):

ik1HVzl.png

Just two slightly possible value wildcards (5pl or W/O markets) to add to the May's medium-term acca.
    The trickier question is which outsider will land 4th and place in Eurovision.

Today's chart at end of R3, into final round, shows similar correlation to the bet trend stack from back in mid-march.
    Several slightly over performing and others under, but all in all, a fairly tight match-up.

For anyone who didn't get the 10pl, the only attraction now is W/O markets.
    And the consistent positive trajectory of i) Rahm ii) Watson.
    Both within possible place territory (W/O top trio) cut-off at -6.

ylPzp3x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What is the bet trend stack please?

• Advertisement

What is the bet trend stack please?

Mean average bookie (x27) odds (in sequence), taken 10days pre-tournament.

1. Rory @9
    2. JT @11
    3. DJ @11
    4. Tiger @12 (was never really sold on this, hype)
    5. Spieth @14

Reed was @47.5 which is an exception, still, not over yet.

Advertisement