Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Has to be Phil Mickelson. Boyles went 11-4 and cut it without laying it as usual. Powers are the same price as them now at 5-2. Powers have pushed him out from 2-1. The tournament starts at 3:45, he is teeing off at 8:20, and its his senior tour debut, a 54 hole event. In the world rankings, Mickelson is at 52, the next man in the rankings is KJ Choi 467, followed by Els 481, Striker 521, Jerry Kelly 900 and Langer 1217. He looks a certainty against this mob, and should win.

Phil won as he liked, 5-2 was a gift. Like the previous poster, I fancy Rahm, and have backed 2 in it, him & Daniel Berger. On the European tour, the 2 Austrians stand out, may split stakes on Weisberger & Schwab both are around 16-1. European tour is usually a mugs game, but only for a small few quid it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

****e weekend last week condensed return on wolff frl the only return avoiding the european tour for a few weeks now.

First round leader

Henley 55/1(6)
    Gooch 80/1(6)
    Steele 80/1(6)

Outright

Decent win only bet on dj 8/1
    Reed 28/1(7)
    Hatton 35/1(7)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed Patrick Cantlay at 33/1 7 places PP.

Put in 2 stiffs, so I'm going to reload on kisner @40s & schuffle @28s. Good tournament so far, enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Just chanced a5e ew on Ancer, 150-1,4 places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I think John Rahm will win this week. Played reasonably well behind an inspired DJ last week and will be looking to get back to world no1. Course should suit ok.

Well done

Good to see the thread coming back alive too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

Some finish. Great shout on rahm. He drifted as far as 700 on Betfair (for cents though) but was more traded at 350. Was down to 1.02 then before DJ sunk his birdie in the 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It will be a long time before we see another finish like that again.
    I had DJ backed, thought it was a loser until his putt to send it to a play off and thankfully decided to back Rahm at evens to cover my DJ stake.
    Some putt by Rahm to win it.

Tour Championship starts on a Friday for a change.
    DJ at 15/8 with a 2 shot lead, is a short price but should be between him or
    Rahm as it will probably need a miracle for the rest of the field to get anywhere them with the start they get.
    Rory Mc might be at the birth of his child so not really worth backing as you might not get a run for your money.

Two incredible putts,first Johnson and then sensationally Rahm holes an impossible putt.

My original bet flattered to deceive (Cantlay),i had a decent match bet on Johnson 1/1 to beat Rahm over 72 holes.
    On sunday morning i had a small ew at 10/1 on Rahm,then backed Johnson at odds on after Rahms drive on 2nd tie hole.

A good deal of excitement but not too much profit which would have been a good loss if the match bet was settled on the official result i.e outright winner,but as we know its not so that bet was money back.

Would imagine there were a lot of people who backed Johnson in shops.
    In case anybody didn't know, if you placed a bet using a Boyle Extra card in a
    Boyles shop, it was Money back 2/3/4th, the same in PP shops but it was for everybody who backed him.
    Ladbrokes had no money back applying, see above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would imagine there were a lot of people who backed Johnson in shops.
    In case anybody didn't know, if you placed a bet using a Boyle Extra card in a
    Boyles shop, it was Money back 2/3/4th, the same in PP shops but it was for everybody who backed him.
    Ladbrokes had no money back applying, see above.

I guess the queens English isnt your first language, Cantlay for the open ?

I guess the queens English isnt your first language, Cantlay for the open ?

After 4 pints of Heineken, surprised I even posted it in the right thread. ;).
    As Del Boy would say, Mange Tout Charles. :D

I backed Victor Perez in the European golf, he is capable on his day, and shot 65 in the first round at valderrama last year. In the end he was nowhere as he shot 3 rounds of 74 to follow it up. Bar one went 30-1, and it's a fair price. Ew 7 places.

Pp going 11 to1 X Chauffle betting without Dustin, Rahm and Thomas.
    Chauffle likes the track and maybe value in the Tour Championship ew 5 places.

Pp going 11 to1 X Chauffle betting without Dustin, Rahm and Thomas.
    Chauffle likes the track and maybe value in the Tour Championship ew 5 places.

That worked out nicely,he was always there with a shout on a course he plays well,a nice little touch that was overdue.

I was at the Portugal Masters many times and it was a great place to get close to the action and the buzz in Vilamoura was really good.

Scoring is always hot on the Victoria course and it is never easy to predict the winner,i backed two this week in Powers, M Kinhuit 28/1 and Chris Paisley 40/1 a tenner ew on both.

Both have a bit of course form and i am hoping for a bit of a run that will keep me in the hunt on sunday.

I was at the Portugal Masters many times and it was a great place to get close to the action and the buzz in Vilamoura was really good.

Scoring is always hot on the Victoria course and it is never easy to predict the winner,i backed two this week in Powers, M Kinhuit 28/1 and Chris Paisley 40/1 a tenner ew on both.

Both have a bit of course form and i am hoping for a bit of a run that will keep me in the hunt on sunday.

My interest may not last very long unless the golf improves for my two picks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

grillo @28s
    shane @ 20s

decent enough start by both

US Open B&M offers.

Ladbrokes: Bet €10 on outright coupon and get a free €5 Betstation bet in play for US Open golf only.
    E/W paying 7 places.
    +
    Paddy Power: E/W 10 places, no Money Back offer.
    +
    Boyles: E/W 10 places, Money Back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th to Boyle Extra cardholders only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Running P/L = +113 points.

US Open -

Webb Simpson - 2 points E/W, PP 1-10 1/5 odds. 22/1

Course is ideal for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hoping to come up with the Ancer at 66s and Bubba at 100s, PS +6 to win

For anyone with a William Hill account, they are guaranteed to be best price all the main golfers and are paying E/W 9 places.
    Not sure how much they would lay you at the prices though :rolleyes:.

Patrick Reed is not the most popular guy on tour but he is tough and that may stand to him this week.
    He will grind away and that's what may be needed this week.
    I took the 30 to1 Pp 10 places and Reed is my only bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going with Jon Rahm on the nose.

E/w On Tony Finua and Tommy Fleetwood and small e/w On Mckensie Hughes at 175/1.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Going with DJ, straight win. I’ve also taken him first first round leader.

My recent strategy has been to back one golfer at the start, if he’s not going well back someone else on the Saturday for a bit of interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Main bets this week are

DJ win @17/2
    Fleetwood e/w @35/1
    Fleetwood e/w frl @40/1
    Streelman e/w @225/1
    Streelman e/w frl @ 100/1

Day wire to wire @200/1
    DJ wire to wire @ 40/1

Then a small completely hearth ruling head outright bet on Tiger just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Cameron champ my main punt this week the way he drives the ball sets up very nicely for the course I think 100/1 11places on skybet is generous in my eyes.

Other ew punts on

Pieters 150/1
    Kaymer 80/1

First round leader pops
    Hughes 90/1
    Mcilroy 25/1
    Rose 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭franglan

Any opinions on cut at 7 or less at evens and winning score 1 or less at 4/5? Singles only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Rahm & Matsuyama straight wins
    Vera & Kang small each ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Due to my becoming a golfing expert since the restart I've decided driving accuracy is the most important thing here. Based on that Webb Simpson stands out at 30, then Daniel Berger at 40, there are plenty of guys ahead of them on that list but those guys know how to win.

Was stumped after that, no way could I go for Rahm, Xander or Morikawa at their prices.

So plumbed for Ancer 130 and Hovland 90.

All on BFX to win. Also did top 20 finish at low odds on BFX as I'm a realist and my aim is to lose as little as possible over the 4 days of great entertainment.

Advertisement